Upgrade Navigation Software?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Upgrade Navigation Software? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My V coupe ended up at the dealer for week having the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced (manufacturers Defect). In ...
    triks86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Upgrade Navigation Software?

My V coupe ended up at the dealer for week having the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced (manufacturers
    Defect). In the meantime I was give. A 2012 SRX, which was fully loaded and was not bad at all! The navigation was 100 times better. The entire software was much more streamline and easier to use! I was wondering if GM would do an update if I asked local dealer? It has to be the same hardware!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Upgrade Navigation Software?

Nope, I searched it on here a while ago, and the only thing we can do is get an updated nav disc.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by triks86 View Post
    My V coupe ended up at the dealer for week having the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced (manufacturers
    Defect). In the meantime I was give. A 2012 SRX, which was fully loaded and was not bad at all! The navigation was 100 times better. The entire software was much more streamline and easier to use! I was wondering if GM would do an update if I asked local dealer? It has to be the same hardware!
    Hello triks86,

I am sorry your vehicle was at the dealership for a week but I am glad the issue was fixed. In order to update your system, there is a navigation disc. If you provide me with your VIN, I can check and look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

[QUOTE=Cadillac Cust Svc;3451521]Hello triks86,

I am sorry your vehicle was at the dealership for a week but I am glad the issue was fixed. In order to update your system, there is a navigation disc. If you provide me with your VIN, I can check and look into this for you.

Sincerely,

So this disc will update the syatem as well as the database?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

[QUOTE=khoeysr;3461145]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello triks86,

Sincerely,

So this disc will update the syatem as well as the database?

Hi khoeysr,

I was stating that there is a disc to perform an update, but what it consists of is a map update. If you would like to discuss anything further or have additional questions or concerns, I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Map update is not an issue for me, it's the interface that is outdated. I was implying that if the 2012 SRX works off the same hardware is there a way to update the V to run that program.

FSTCDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black CTS-V
    I feel with a little experimenting it could work. The system and buttons are essentially the same...so in theory you could just pull the unit out of the srx and place it in the cts. It may just work lol. If someone has both, it may be something to toy with. I imagine Vin# issues and needing a tech tool to unlock etc.

But of course, if it were that easy someone would have already went that route. I had a 2005 Silverado brand new with a 6 disc changer and wanted factory nav like the avalanche, tahoes and hummers had. The dealer told me it couldn't be done. Well after a little research it was obvious the unit would fit and the wiring was the same. Found a unit on eBay from a hummer, bought it, installed it (wiring harness plugged right up), took it by the dealer to have them unlock it and boom! Factory touch screen nav in a Silverado truck...impossible even to the service guy using the tech2 tool to unlock it! Lol

So, where there's a will, there's a way. Just need a guinea pig :-)

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I don't think it is even this hard. My BMW got a firmware update halfway through the time I had it. All it took was a USB stick and 30 minutes of their time. I am sure this could be done, but think of how much money this would cost GM. It's not a recall issue or anything like that. I would be willing to pay $200 for this upgrade myself, but definitely not for their meager map update. Who needs that anyway? I rarely use the POI database because I have google maps on my phone.

I agree 200 bucks would be well worth it because it is such a Terrible interface! Hell 500 would be worth it. It's def easy bc Audi upgraded there software in my car after a couple of years and changed the interfaces around. Like a refresher.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

LOL. Go test drive another SRX and bring it back 30 minutes later after making a Nav swap. At least it would be worth trying to see if it worked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.