2013 Nav Disc $40 off for Father's Day! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2013 Nav Disc $40 off for Father's Day! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi, I just ordered one of these... What can I expect from this update.. I have a 2011.. Never updated.. ...
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Hi,

I just ordered one of these... What can I expect from this update.. I have a 2011.. Never updated.. How many updates have been released since 2011? Does it add features or look any different or just a straight up map update? Oh, and how long does it take?

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by MSOsr
    The 2013 Nav disc is $40 off until the end of August. Go to gmnavdisc.com and put in your info.

Mike
    http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218374931430

I like my in dash NAV, but the updates should not cost anything.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

Re: 2013 Nav Disc $40 off for Father's Day!

Someone needs to hack the onboard system and add features and free map updates etc. I would love to be able to record Sirius

fee5fofum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I updated from the disc today , which took at least 2 hrs. to complete ....

jac09g8gt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan

I've done some research about adding a backup camera to my 09. It's never been updated or programmed by the dealer for the backup camera. If I install the new navi disc will this open up the backup camera option if I wire one in? Thanks.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    We're lucky to get any updates for a 5 year system. Hopefully, the next generation can be updated through OnStar, automatically. The technology is there.

Jud
    Jud

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Hi,

I just ordered one of these... What can I expect from this update.. I have a 2011.. Never updated.. How many updates have been released since 2011? Does it add features or look any different or just a straight up map update? Oh, and how long does it take?
    Last year's update was a doozer! Be glad you missed it!!! I got one update that was the wrong disc, and sent it back. (This was after a while when they were sorting things out.) Then I got one that froze at 94 or 96%. Luckily ImgBurn burned a copy that actually worked....

This is the second update since yours is a 2011. One for 2012, and now 2013. I think when I first updated it a nice feature that I remember added were icons for the different POIs. I don't know what may be added for 2013...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jac09g8gt View Post
    I've done some research about adding a backup camera to my 09. It's never been updated or programmed by the dealer for the backup camera. If I install the new navi disc will this open up the backup camera option if I wire one in? Thanks.
    I'd be interested in adding this feature. I wouldn't mind buying the parts and trying to link it if they are not too costly....

LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I ordered it. Lets see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by fee5fofum
    I updated from the disc today , which took at least 2 hrs. to complete ....
    Hi,

I just received my disc.. Quick question for those of you that have done this update, it appears to take several hours... I'm ok with that since its alot of information to be loaded.. But.. Did you leave the key in the on position the whole time or did you start the engine and leave the car running the whole time?

fee5fofum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Hi,

I just received my disc.. Quick question for those of you that have done this update, it appears to take several hours... I'm ok with that since its alot of information to be loaded.. But.. Did you leave the key in the on position the whole time or did you start the engine and leave the car running the whole time?

The engine must be running during the update..

Quote Originally Posted by fee5fofum

Thank You.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by jac09g8gt
    Not sure but what you may get is a nav screen that pops up anytime you hit Reverse.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by fee5fofum View Post
    Actually I drove to and from my daughter's house for the first hour. I then parked and put the car in the ACC mode with the DIC on "battery"; when the battery got low, I got in and started the car, which recharged the battery to 14 + volts in seconds. I then put the car in ACC until the battery dropped too far again, necessitating a car restart.

The upgrade did not require the car to be started the entire time; it's just a battery issue.

Mike

BTW, if you turn off the car and go in the house, so long as you leave the disc installed, you can go back and forth and the disc download will start again where it left off (47%, for example).

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by fee5fofum View Post

Not really. I put a 12 amp charger on the jump points indicated in the manual. I put the car in accessory mode. It then went to 90 some percent before the notorious 2012 version crash....

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4
    Anyone want to sell their disk after updating? Or create an iso download for a nominal fee?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.