Question on Dealer Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Question on Dealer Service in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi All, I bought my 2012 CTS V Sedan in July of 2012 and it has almost been 1 year ...
    45LongColt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Question on Dealer Service

Hi All,

I bought my 2012 CTS V Sedan in July of 2012 and it has almost been 1 year since I purchased it. I had horrible experiences with the dealer within the first 2 months of ownership (damage, horrible repairs, lies .. etc) to the point after I had the last group of issues resolved I swore I would never take my car back to the dealership for any reason. Fast forward to today and being it is almost a year since purchase, I am being bombarded with Dealer post cards, phone calls and emails stating my car is due for its Warranted 1st Year of Service. I have changed the oil and filter in the car 3 times since I bought it and have only put less than 4,500 miles on it since I purchased it almost a year ago.

My question is, am I required to take my car to the Dealer for regular maintenance intervals to maintain my warranty with GM? Or can I have the service done elsewhere and still get all the benefits of the GM Warranty? Also, is there anything major they would do for this first year service that I should actually risk taking my car back to the Dealer for that service. Thanks and appreciate any input provided.

45LongColt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Re: Question on Dealer Service

try another dealer?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

try calling Cadillac Customer Care and explaining your situation in just the same way as you did here.

1) they will have an answer for you regarding the warranty (but i'm pretty sure that as long as you can show you did the recommended maintenance you're covered)

2) they might be able to help you out with your issues with the local dealers ... at the very least your complaint against them can be logged
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

45LongColt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

I would however there are only 3 dealers where I live. The one I bought the car from (45 minutes from my home) and the other two are (between an hour and several hours away).

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I would believe that any GM dealer would be fine to use, but again this would need to be verified. Try one of the Cadillac Service people like Laura who frequent this forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 45LongColt View Post
    Hi All,

I bought my 2012 CTS V Sedan in July of 2012 and it has almost been 1 year since I purchased it. I had horrible experiences with the dealer within the first 2 months of ownership (damage, horrible repairs, lies .. etc) to the point after I had the last group of issues resolved I swore I would never take my car back to the dealership for any reason. Fast forward to today and being it is almost a year since purchase, I am being bombarded with Dealer post cards, phone calls and emails stating my car is due for its Warranted 1st Year of Service. I have changed the oil and filter in the car 3 times since I bought it and have only put less than 4,500 miles on it since I purchased it almost a year ago.

My question is, am I required to take my car to the Dealer for regular maintenance intervals to maintain my warranty with GM? Or can I have the service done elsewhere and still get all the benefits of the GM Warranty? Also, is there anything major they would do for this first year service that I should actually risk taking my car back to the Dealer for that service. Thanks and appreciate any input provided.

45LongColt.
    Hi 45LongColt,

I apologize for the bad experiences you had with your dealership. You are able to get your regular maintenance done anywhere and still maintain your General Motors warranty. Keep your receipts, which can be documented by creating your own account on my.cadillac.com. This is a great way to manage your vehicle.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

As stated, you can do the maintenance yourself or have another shop do it. The warranty only requires it to be done.

DON'T go back to the sucky dealer!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.