Another spare tire kit out there
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Another spare tire kit out there in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just stumbled across this kit. Not sure if it's V1 or V2. Just sent them an email, so will see. ...
    taken is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Another spare tire kit out there

Just stumbled across this kit. Not sure if it's V1 or V2. Just sent them an email, so will see. Seems to be a good deal if it fits the V2, no?

http://shop.performancespare.com/main.sc

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Another spare tire kit out there

Just heard back. They said it does fit. No one tried one? Price seems right...

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Interesting. Did they say if it works on Sedans?

I didn't ask if it fit all models. I will have to write him again.

FinestKind-CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V
    Just ordered this for my 2012 sedan, spoke with Randal the owner of Performance Spare and he assured me it will fit my V no problem.
    The link in the above post takes you to the ordering page, this link takes you to the main website, which is very informative with good pics and videos of the product:

http://www.performancespare.com/Home_Page.html

As I said to Randal, I look forward to receiving the product, and hope I NEVER need to use it!

Belairlover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Vagon, 6M, Roof, Build Date 2/2013

Can you post installation pics? Wondering how it will fit in the truck, especially around the sub? should be the same set up for wagons/sedans. Definitely a great price though

Quote Originally Posted by Belairlover
    Can you post installation pics? Wondering how it will fit in the truck, especially around the sub? should be the same set up for wagons/sedans. Definitely a great price though
    Go to the website and watch the videos.
    Looks like its going to fit perfectly!

I saw the pics and videos on the site but none of the V. Look forward to your update when yours arrives and pictures would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Belairlover
    Recd my Performance Spare today, nice product!
    Fits in the spare tire well with the cover back on, no problem.

VERY pleased with my purchase, got a nice secure feeling now....never felt "right" driving around without a real spare in case of severe tire damage.....
    (I DID keep the air pump/goop injector in the truck too, in case of a slow leak)

Tried to upload pics, but they are too large for this site?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by taken
    I saw the pics and videos on the site but none of the V. Look forward to your update when yours arrives and pictures would be great!
    Do you know how to shrink pix size so they are post-able?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

^^ Don't just take my word for it, but you may want to check around (especially with people in the business) and understand why it would probably be in your best interests to never use the fix-a-flat goop.

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

Tire shops hate to clean up the sealant which is corrosive to rims and ruins TPM's. I carry a heavy duty scissor jack and a plug kit with a spray bottle of soapy water. I removed a nail and plugged the right rear a month ago and haven't lost any pressure yet. I do consider it a permanent repair but I admit to keeping my driver info screen on TPM. I'm covering all bases by keeping the compressor for air only and have a Eurotec spare kit. And how do you shrink a picture?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

If you're running Windows, one possible way to shrink pictures is with the Resize tool in the Paint program (Accessories folder). IIRC, you also have to meet a file size criteria (which can be met with compression quality as well as physical dimensions), which Paint won't help with.

Might be better off uploading to any number of online photo respostories such as Google Picasa Web Albums or Photobucket and then embedding a link ("URL," the other option when you click the Image icon) to that repository in your post...

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

So you actually bolted up the spare to confirm it fits over the front brakes?

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

That's the first thing I did when I got it. It just clears the caliper by a cm. or two in front but the wheel turns freely. My only question is how to fix the rotor when torquing the spacer without someone stepping on the brake. Could wedge a screwdriver in the rotor fin and hold against the caliper.

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by vagondr View Post
    That's the first thing I did when I got it. It just clears the caliper by a cm. or two in front but the wheel turns freely. My only question is how to fix the rotor when torquing the spacer without someone stepping on the brake. Could wedge a screwdriver in the rotor fin and hold against the caliper.
    i believe he shows you how in his videos on the website i just visited. he uses the crank for the scissor jack by inserting into the (brake) disk vents and down to the ground, presumably carefully and parallel to the plane of the disk. so when you torque the spacer lug nuts the disc cannot spin.

yup, 3rd video down, @ 30 seconds in: http://www.performancespare.com/Spare_Tire_Video.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.