New CTS-V owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New CTS-V owner in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well it's been a long time coming but I finally took delivery of my new 2013 OBM Vagon! I've always ...
    Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

New CTS-V owner

Well it's been a long time coming but I finally took delivery of my new 2013 OBM Vagon! I've always admired Cadillacs for their style, grace and leadership of the industry in decades past but this is my first Cadillac. Not a bad start.

First of all, I love the car. Driving it makes me forget the nearly 11 week wait between order and delivery (March 9 - May 23). The suspension is top notch, power is incredible and being a wagon it is surprisingly practical. I've had it less than 2 weeks and already have almost 1,300 miles on it. The OBM paint looks different in every light and absolutely no picture does it justice. Even seeing the same color on an ATS doesn't hardly do it justice compared to a V. I feel incredibly fortunate to be 23 and be driving my dream car. Not many people of any age can say that. It may not be a Lamborghini but it's faster than most of them. I figured that if I wanted an awesome car I could get it now and enjoy it while I'm young or wait until I'm 65. I don't want to wait that long and with any luck I'll still be enjoying it then anyway. The Vagon is the perfect jack of all trades car. It is a vehicle no significant other can make you give up because it isn't practical or doesn't have room for the kids.

My first drive in a V was actually at the 2012 Pittsburgh auto show. As a car nut I was aware of it and extremely impressed but I knew relatively few details and didn't know if it was a car for me or not. A buddy and I went and were amazed that Cadillac actually let people test drive V's and for free no less. Needless to say we got in line right away. I drove both the sedan and the wagon and found the wagon to feel better planted and to actually feel faster. I knew I had to have one, so 16 months later here I am. If anyone at Cadillac actually reads these posts or listens, PLEASE restart the test drive program at the auto shows. It really does bring people in.

Options:
    -OBM/Ebony
    -Auto
    -Satin Graphite wheels/grey calipers
    -Recaros
    -Suede
    -Midnight Sapele
    -no Ultraview

DSC01253.JPG
    DSC01258 Resized.jpg
    DSC01266 Resized.jpg
    DSC01293 Resized2.jpg
    DSC01295 Resized2.jpg

The last is my favorite. In the driveway with 3 Hybrid Fords.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I agree. I bought my first V after a brief test drive at a Barrett Jackson auction.
    Gman1023 and Gman1023 like this.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: New CTS-V owner

welcome to vagon town!

pat2t2f is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Welcome and good luck. I love my wagon. I never thought I would own a wagon that my kids ask to ride in. It's a very cool car.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Congrats! Car looks awesome

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

OBM FTW! Congrats and welcome to the (vanishingly small, and let's keep it like that ) V wagon club.

Thanks all for the welcomes and well wishes! I look forward to learning and participating here.

NB, I liked OBM as soon as it came out but the fine pictures of your Vagon re-affirmed that it was the only color I had to have on my Vagon.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

... I like your vag.

SARDEANIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

What a nice color! Wow! Enjoy.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    Thanks all for the welcomes and well wishes! I look forward to learning and participating here.

NB, I liked OBM as soon as it came out but the fine pictures of your Vagon re-affirmed that it was the only color I had to have on my Vagon.
    Welcome to the forum Gman1023! This is a great way to stay connected with other Cadillac and Vagon lovers That is exciting at your young age you are going after what you want of owning your dream car. I am happy it is in your hands! Enjoy driving it around.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I purchased mine without a test drive...but thats probably not the best approach!!

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Welcome and good luck. I love my wagon. I never thought I would own a wagon that my kids ask to ride in. It's a very cool car.
    So true. Not 20 minutes ago. My two boys asks In unison: "can we take the caddy?" As we were headed to Scouts

----------

OP. congrats. Great choice. Enjoy it.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Congrats on the new car. You only live once and selling it a few years from now will show very little depreciation. The only car I've owned that's been impervious to depreciation the way I expect this one to be was my Land Rover Defender 90. Sold it with 30,000 extra miles for the same price I purchased it for.

I love the OBM. And good for you for not getting the yellow calipers. Silver is much more elegant.

Not only did I buy mine without a test drive, I never even saw it in person. Bought the car from 1200 miles away. No regrets whatsoever. For once, the car mag editors hit the nail on the head with their reviews.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    ... I like your vag.
    Oh reeeeeeaaaaalllllyy??

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Congrats on the new car. You only live once and selling it a few years from now will show very little depreciation. The only car I've owned that's been impervious to depreciation the way I expect this one to be was my Land Rover Defender 90. Sold it with 30,000 extra miles for the same price I purchased it for.

I love the OBM. And good for you for not getting the yellow calipers. Silver is much more elegant.

Not only did I buy mine without a test drive, I never even saw it in person. Bought the car from 1200 miles away. No regrets whatsoever. For once, the car mag editors hit the nail on the head with their reviews.
    Thanks, man! My wheels treatment is largely rooted in practicality. With brakes this large, colorful calipers and shiny wheels will not stay clean for more than about 3,000 feet at a time. How nice of Cadillac to offer brake dust-colored wheels. Besides, if I decide I want the brakes a different color it'll cost me a hell of a lot less than $600 to spray paint the calipers in my backyard.

I will be interested to see how they depreciate and how the curve is affected when production ends. I'm planning to hold onto mine though, I don't ever want to part with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.