Bluetooth pairing problem and grinding sound with new to me '11 sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth pairing problem and grinding sound with new to me '11 sedan in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just made the move up from a v1 to a v2 and have a question about 2 issues. First I ...
    DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Question Bluetooth pairing problem and grinding sound with new to me '11 sedan

Just made the move up from a v1 to a v2 and have a question about 2 issues.

First I attempted to pair my iphone5, but the phone would never allow me to enter the pin the car gave me. The circle just spins around then says failed and eventually the car gives up too. Haven't been able to find someone with an android to test yet.

Also, there is this metal on metal grinding sound which appears to come from the front brakes when turning at low speeds like parking. I did find that TSB on the front brakes "clicking" but this is a different sound. I know the brakes are huge and there was some rust on the rotors from when the car was sitting on the lot.

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Re: Bluetooth pairing problem and grinding sound with new to me '11 sedan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlWlYbPMJ7U

Uploaded a video with the sound.. happens either left or right when wheel is turned more than half way

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Re: Bluetooth pairing problem and grinding sound with new to me '11 sedan

^^^ - Never heard that one before - definitely different from the "clicking" issue. Take it to the dealer and demo the noise to them, see what they have to say. Is it coming from both front wheels or just the left front?

Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.