Clear bra
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Clear bra in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; How much coverage is needed on the CTS-V? Nose, half-hood, full-hood? How bad do the rocker panels get hit? Has ...
    Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Clear bra

How much coverage is needed on the CTS-V? Nose, half-hood, full-hood? How bad do the rocker panels get hit?
    Has anyone had the headlights done?

While we're at it, anyone in California tinted the windows? Did you do anything to the fronts? A guy at work says he's gotten away with tinting the fronts by keeping them lighter than the rears... but I look at his truck and the tint is still obvious and think he's only gotten away with it by looking like a mature law-abiding citizen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Clear bra

3M has the new spray-on clear that I can't wait to try. I'll do the front nose, and about a foot up the hood. I haven't had many problems on the rocker panels at all. Each state has it's own laws on the amount of tint allowed. "Normally", the darker stuff can go behind the drivers head.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I would do the full hood. Rockers already have some factory protection but more couldn't hurt...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

I had the CTS V Package done -- about 3rd up the hood and includes lights -- very happy with it -- I might have done full hood if I were doing it over -- I do HPDE driving. I am glad I did the Clear Bra.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

I have partial hood, partial fenders, headlights, full nose(fashia), full rockers, door cups and a little on the rear bumper to protect from luggage.

If I had to do it again, I would add full fenders, full hood and full rear bumper.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I have a friend who bra'd his whole car. At some point enough is enough.

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Any recommendations on a clear bra manufacturer
    Heard of 3M, any others our there?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    I have the 3M system on my V coupe. Complete front including headlights and side mirrors and 16" on the hood. Looks great and easy to maintain. Bugs and grime wash right off. Wish I had done it on my last V.

fee5fofum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm very happy with the Xpel Ultimate (self healing) PPF on my V coupe !

https://www.xpel.com/products/xpel_u...ction_film.asp

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

That's two votes for "next time, the whole hood." Is it because you get chips all the way up, or is it that the edge of the film is sometimes noticeable on such a high-profile surface?

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

another recommend for xpel ultimate. This stuff has been awesome recently. Get a good installer and you're set.

and full hood i'd recommend

I just polished and waxed mine over the weekend. I can't even tell it's even there usually.

KellyE and KellyE like this.

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)

Does anyone know if it's possible to repair clear bra materials? I have the standard 3M setup on my car and there's a tear in the material on the right front fender behind the headlight. It looks like some road debris hit it and took a chunk out of it. Thanks.

Craig

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I have a friend who bra'd his whole car. At some point enough is enough.
    In retrospect, I should have clear bra'd my whole wagon. A couple of new scratches from flying dust on my 4000 mile road trip so far. OBM is like black, it shows every. single. imperfection. UGH! I did the typical front third of hood, front bumper, front fenders, rocker panels, above rear wheels, side rear bumpers, and rear cargo shelf, so those look good.

Vileem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    I have partial hood, partial fenders, headlights, full nose(fashia), full rockers, door cups and a little on the rear bumper to protect from luggage.

If I had to do it again, I would add full fenders, full hood and full rear bumper.
    I have the same and would do the same next time. I would rather do everything. i dont really like the lines...Its fairly noticable on my Black V.

Tinting in Cali really, depends, I did the rears to avoid getting pulled over, too many of my friends got pulled over for front tint.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    That's two votes for "next time, the whole hood." Is it because you get chips all the way up, or is it that the edge of the film is sometimes noticeable on such a high-profile surface?
    I like my partial hood but the line is noticeable up close. I chose the partial hood based on my previous raven black sedan experience. Although I never tracked my car it did see a lot of highway miles and the hood was not chipped/scratched beyond about the first 12". I will say that if I were to clear bra again I would do the entire hood just so I wouldn't have the line.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.