Audio system/ speakers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Audio system/ speakers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I have had the V Wagon for almost a month now. In my opinion, the audio system sucks. I ...
    JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Audio system/ speakers

So I have had the V Wagon for almost a month now. In my opinion, the audio system sucks. I am sorry to anyone who like it - not trying to offend anyone. I once in a while like a bit of volume and some bass. This syste has neither. In my 2008 corvette, which also has a Bose system and in my opinion, has the same problem, I found the hard way that replacing the various speakers with better quality ones does not really do that much. In the cadillac, has anyone put a different or better subwoofer in?
    Has anyone left the electronics and just replaced the speakers? I am not optimistic that changing speakers in the doors is going to do much, but I am open minded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Re: Audio system/ speakers

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    So I have had the V Wagon for almost a month now. In my opinion, the audio system sucks. I am sorry to anyone who like it - not trying to offend anyone. I once in a while like a bit of volume and some bass. This syste has neither. In my 2008 corvette, which also has a Bose system and in my opinion, has the same problem, I found the hard way that replacing the various speakers with better quality ones does not really do that much. In the cadillac, has anyone put a different or better subwoofer in?
    Has anyone left the electronics and just replaced the speakers? I am not optimistic that changing speakers in the doors is going to do much, but I am open minded.
    Might be worthwhile getting your audio system checked before replacing anything?

I'm a young guy, I like my lossless audio crisp, clear, and full of bass. I'm actually surprised at the V's system. Pleasantly happy with both the Escalde's and the V's systems.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can switch out the speakers and add a sub. Adding in a custom sub with amp would be your easiest route. Replacing the speakers and amps would require more professional work (unless you're comfortable with it) and it will cost a pretty penny as well.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    Might be worthwhile getting your audio system checked before replacing anything?
    +1 - Mine sounds pretty good to me, including base. Might try and compare your system's sound to another V's system 1st, and if only your system sounds bad, then have it checked out ...

Rob

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I hate to admit it, but I'm on board with OP.

I will say that the audio source can obviously change things significantly, but I have consistently been disappointed with the setup in my Wagon.

Perhaps the extra cargo space (vs a trunk) distorts the low end in a negative way?

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post

I will say that the audio source can obviously change things significantly, but I have consistently been disappointed with the setup in my Wagon.

Perhaps the extra cargo space (vs a trunk) distorts the low end in a negative way?
    Yes, has anyone compared/listened to a sedan vs. wagon?

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The real question is, does anyone have any experience with subwoofer or speaker upgrades? those are easy to do - The Bose system in my orvette frankly is poorly designed, and upgrading means switching the amp/crossover unit and changing the speakers. in the V, maybe just speakers???

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post

XM, not so great quality... Your own CD's, files, etc... Should be crystal clear.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I find my wagon also lacks bass/mids. It's like the trunk area swallows all the bottom end.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I notice music that just has low thumping or rumbling (recently-engineered pop, certain dramatic movie scores) sounds okay, but lower-register instrumentation sounds thin. No, it's not the source material -- the same tracks sounded great in my last car.

Also, put the front windows down and everything deeper than a boy's voice seems to disappear.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

As integrated as the sound system is in modern vehicles you will really need a high end pro to perform magic.
    They are hard to find I can PM you a good web site to see whats what.
    Crutchfield tested what modifications do what.

Might try
    JBL MS8 is popular
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

Bonus series

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The real question is, does anyone have any experience with subwoofer or speaker upgrades? those are easy to do - The Bose system in my orvette frankly is poorly designed, and upgrading means switching the amp/crossover unit and changing the speakers. in the V, maybe just speakers???
    All Bose is the same. Low impedence speakers, etc...

You'll need to get a processor from RF or Audison or JL Audio and then amps and then speakers. All new.

However, the woofers in the doors are huge and set a nice platform for custom installs...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    As integrated as the sound system is in modern vehicles you will really need a high end pro to perform magic.
    They are hard to find I can PM you a good web site to see whats what.
    Crutchfield tested what modifications do what.
    Video Link: http://youtu.be/5iJ5lO3va1Y
    Might try
    JBL MS8 is popular
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

Bonus series
    Video Link: http://youtu.be/gtPg_v8yhFo
    hmm...

Don't know why your post didn't show up until after I made mine.

Yeah, listen to this guy...

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I notice music that just has low thumping or rumbling (recently-engineered pop, certain dramatic movie scores) sounds okay, but lower-register instrumentation sounds thin. No, it's not the source material -- the same tracks sounded great in my last car.

Also, put the front windows down and everything deeper than a boy's voice seems to disappear.
    That's exactly what I find....being an electric bass player it's especially frustrating

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I had a 2012 Sedan and now a 2013 Wagon and the bass is better in the wagon an it just sounds better than the Sedan. Source is very important, when i'm streaming off my Galaxy 3 and have a good 4g source on Pandora or Slacker it sounds amazing, when it's streaming off a low quality 3g source not so good, not as good on CD or Hard drive either. Try streaming off a good cell phone, you will be impressed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello JKG,

I am sorry you are not liking your V Wagon audio system. I read through the thread and saw some great advice offered by other members. Please let me know if there are additional questions or concerns I can help assist you with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.