Trade in 2009 CTSV 18,000 miles for 2014
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Trade in 2009 CTSV 18,000 miles for 2014 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Whats your guess at out of pocket amount to upgrade? Really like stealth Blue....
    SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Trade in 2009 CTSV 18,000 miles for 2014

Whats your guess at out of pocket amount to upgrade? Really like stealth Blue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Is the '09 paid off?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Trade in 2009 CTSV 18,000 miles for 2014

assuming the `09 is paid off...

Going to figure they offer you between $42 and $46 for the trade relative to the condition, how much the dealer wants to screw you, and the terms/pricing/trim of the 2014 order. Obviously the total deal is the key: they may "give" you a sweet price on your trade in but have you paying near MSRP on the special order and it works out to the same money, just labelled differently to make you feel better.

If you're going Stealth Blue, that's a minimum of $72+ MSRP... invoice probably around $69K and up if my memory serves.

I'll guess $44K for the trade, "invoice" for the new order - we'll say $70K purchase price again depending on your options....

You'll need at least $26,000 plus whatever you owe on the 2009. Not sure stealth blue and another warranty is worth that much...

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Paint job seems a lot cheaper.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Stealth blue was supposed to be a pre-sold, order only paint. It might be very difficult to find one in inventory. My dealer said only 49 were made in that color and that's between coupe, sedan, and wagon variants.

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

its not worth it just for the color change but I do love the car. any plan on keeping it a while. my 09 is paid off, warranty expires in October. When i tracked the car it picked up very minor scratches in the paint. I was planning on spraying the hood and bumper but when I saw stealth blue it seemed like a sweet deal. $25 is what i was thinking and knowing my dealer they will give my a high trade it because thats what i want to hear. Ill let you know what happens if I can even find the color.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    assuming the `09 is paid off...

Going to figure they offer you between $42 and $46 for the trade relative to the condition, how much the dealer wants to screw you, and the terms/pricing/trim of the 2014 order. Obviously the total deal is the key: they may "give" you a sweet price on your trade in but have you paying near MSRP on the special order and it works out to the same money, just labelled differently to make you feel better.

If you're going Stealth Blue, that's a minimum of $72+ MSRP... invoice probably around $69K and up if my memory serves.

I'll guess $44K for the trade, "invoice" for the new order - we'll say $70K purchase price again depending on your options....

You'll need at least $26,000 plus whatever you owe on the 2009. Not sure stealth blue and another warranty is worth that much...
    No way. The only way he gets that much is if they screw him on the purchase price. Fully loaded I say the dealer offers $37G. Tops.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I was thinking of trading in my 09 for a 14 but then when I saw there were only going to be a smll amount of them I figured I would be overpaying. My V is similar to yours (years, miles) so when I searched autotrader the other day none of the 09+ V's were under $43k except if the mileage was high, then mid-to-high $20's. That isn't much towards a new V but it is a decent trade in. I decided to wait for the 15 MY V3 or if the new XTS-V really comes out this month I might jump on it. I seriously love the XTS because (well," the transverse LS7 with lower redline to preserve the carryover 6T70, targeting an announced power level of 470 or so horsepower, a torque bump if we decide to use the Camaro cam") they're huge, now V than and whala! Pure cadillac delight regardless..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.