Locked my keys in the trunk. Is this supposed to happen the way it's designed? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Locked my keys in the trunk. Is this supposed to happen the way it's designed? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; RemoteLink OnStar app for your smartphone, and remote unlock it without having to call OnStar....
    VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Re: Locked my keys in the trunk. Is this supposed to happen the way it's designed?

RemoteLink OnStar app for your smartphone, and remote unlock it without having to call OnStar.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by VMoose
    RemoteLink OnStar app for your smartphone, and remote unlock it without having to call OnStar.
    He's got an '09. No go on that one.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Re: Locked my keys in the trunk. Is this supposed to happen the way it's designed?

wife did this with her 4 month old lexus back in the day so its not GM specific

she rested the keys on the trunk floor while loading the car and closed the trunk

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I did this with my BMW. Trunk opened back up automatically. Neat trick

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    I did this with my BMW. Trunk opened back up automatically. Neat trick
    later on life the module that controls that will go bad rendering the trunk useless.
    It will require replacing that module which also controls the headlights so you have to change it- and its cheap @ $3200.
    Labor is simple- they mount it under the intake manifold but the trick is its actually PART of the manifold so you have to change the manifold too and that costs $2800, so $5000 in parts and only $3200 in labor later your trunk will open again
    cdog533 and cdog533 like this.

Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF300

later on life the module that controls that will go bad rendering the trunk useless.
    It will require replacing that module which also controls the headlights so you have to change it- and its cheap @ $3200.
    Labor is simple- they mount it under the intake manifold but the trick is its actually PART of the manifold so you have to change the manifold too and that costs $2800, so $5000 in parts and only $3200 in labor later your trunk will open again
    Little things like this are why I didn't get another German car.

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

I just did this the other day. Laid the fob down in the trunk while I was loading some stuff, closed it down without thinking.

Fortunately, I am an Onstar subscriber and use the smart phone app. Had the trunk open in a couple of minutes. Saved me a lot of aggravation.

Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by khoeysr
    I just did this the other day. Laid the fob down in the trunk while I was loading some stuff, closed it down without thinking.

Fortunately, I am an Onstar subscriber and use the smart phone app. Had the trunk open in a couple of minutes. Saved me a lot of aggravation.
    That's the old school way of doing it. I never set keys down in the trunk as a proactive habit.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by khoeysr View Post

Sorry for the dumb question...but why wasn't the fob in your pocket. I keep the fob in my pocket and never take it out. Just curious.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.