1,200 CTS-V Wagons? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 1,200 CTS-V Wagons? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The CUV's trump card is loading height. You can strap the littles ones in or position that pallet of creamed ...
    Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: 1,200 CTS-V Wagons?

The CUV's trump card is loading height. You can strap the littles ones in or position that pallet of creamed corn without bending low or banging your head.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^^
    ...land then you have to drive said CUV. Ugh. What a soul-sucking experience if you are someone who actually enjoys driving. I thought the appeal was driving height for the ladies....only if everyone is driving a CUV, you still can't see over anyone...and you still can't see through SUVs.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    I'm not convinced those numbers are accurate.
    If you check out my thread from a few weeks ago, I break down some hypothetical math based on what we DO know. And I also keep coming up with 1200 to 1500 total Wagons based on the percentages of production for the first two years. My estimations for CTS base wagons, as a percentage, are also very close to OP's link - which increases my confidence.

Given that a model tends to become less popular over the life of production, I think 1200 is a reasonable number.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rs-2009-a.html

If anything, I'm surprised that almost as many coupes were sold as sedans (assuming those numbers are accurate). The sedan volume must have really dropped in `11, `12 and `13.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    ^^^^^
    ...land then you have to drive said CUV. Ugh. What a soul-sucking experience if you are someone who actually enjoys driving. I thought the appeal was driving height for the ladies....only if everyone is driving a CUV, you still can't see over anyone...and you still can't see through SUVs.
    Just had this conversation with a woman last week. She wants an SUV to be high up. I said meh. I want to be low to the ground and feel more connected to what the car is doing. She looks at me funny.

Oh well...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Just had this conversation with a woman last week. She wants an SUV to be high up. I said meh. I want to be low to the ground and feel more connected to what the car is doing. She looks at me funny.

Oh well...
    I hate to generalize, but most women are not rational in their preferences - they "feel." She "feels" safer in a larger vehicle, and that perception is increased with an elevated seating position - which is why she prefers SUV's in the first place. She has no thought of how hollow that door panel between her and the semitruck is, or how violently a roll-over at 55mph would be or why a higher center of gravity would be detrimental for real safety - she just "feels" safer when she can see over other cars from a vehicle that is dimensionally larger but has the same total mass.

IMHO, it's also why women tend to vote democratically - they "feel" the need for others to be helped in the name of compassion and fairness; but only so long as the price of that fairness does not immediately affect their lifestyle.

It's also why they buy into "green" energy, starving kid charities for anywhere but here, lingering exes who honestly just want to be friends, raise spoiled children with insecurity complexes and why - at the end of the day - so many of them pride themselves on being independent and self-sustaining but secretly need to be pursued by a Man's Man to affirm their femininity and make the Hard Decisions for them: like where to go for dinner.

(Full Disclosure: I'm married).
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

^^^^^
    ...land then you have to drive said CUV. Ugh. What a soul-sucking experience if you are someone who actually enjoys driving.
    The vast majority of people see driving as a necessary task, a means to an end, not an end in itself. They're looking to reduce hassle, not increase joy.

I thought the appeal was driving height for the ladies....only if everyone is driving a CUV, you still can't see over anyone...and you still can't see through SUVs.
    There are still enough people who buy midsize sedans because they're cheaper and get better gas mileage (without being uncomfortable or looking too cheap) that CUVs can give look-over height. Besides, it's not just other cars that people want to look out over not up at -- it's pedestrians, signs, obstacles... the lower you are the more things are a matter of depth perception vs static position in your field of view. Plus CUVs have the illusion of being tough. Bad drivers want vehicles that can absorb the punishment of their mistakes

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    (Full Disclosure: I'm married).
    Still?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    [/COLOR]

Still?
    She's smarter than me, better looking than me, making more money than me, and she is tireless at home, around the house and with child, and goes out of her way for me. Yet, at the end of the day a big part of her wants the security of being kept - for lack of a better word - and having a trustworthy decision maker to make the choices she can't (or won't) make. That, and I take out the trash.

- another social commentary redacted -

Anyway, I digress. Simply put, I'm a lucky SoB.

Let's get back to wagons.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

GM already said there will be no 3G wagon.

Of course, you never know for sure...

Only 8600 CTS wagons (V or otherwise) overall sold, worldwide, as opposed to somewhere north of 250k 2G SRXs. The beancounters won't be approving one, not without a risk taker like Bob Lutz around to push/encourage such a nutso idea. God we Americans are dumb in our (collective, not me personally) love for prissy CUVs.
    I love my V so much, it saddens me that it will be my last one.

On the other hand, the new E63 wagon is amazing, so other than my pocketbook, I won't be left in the lurch for a super-wagon in the future.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Yo Mac, where you the black wagon going north on Deerfoot on tuesday evening and we said hello to each other? I was the black sedan turning east on Glenmore.
    Cool guy anyways!
    George

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That wasn't me. I think there are a couple of other black wagons around.

Mine has the polished rims on now, with my summer tires...(I am going to swap my summers onto my black rims at some point).

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe

If you check out my thread from a few weeks ago, I break down some hypothetical math based on what we DO know. And I also keep coming up with 1200 to 1500 total Wagons based on the percentages of production for the first two years. My estimations for CTS base wagons, as a percentage, are also very close to OP's link - which increases my confidence.

Given that a model tends to become less popular over the life of production, I think 1200 is a reasonable number.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rs-2009-a.html

If anything, I'm surprised that almost as many coupes were sold as sedans (assuming those numbers are accurate). The sedan volume must have really dropped in `11, `12 and `13.
    Random84,

First, I want to say thanks for all your effort and time researching and calculating CTS/V production numbers!
    The information you have provided has really cleared up most of my questions. I'm not surprised about the low number of Vagons (we all knew they would be very rare) but, I am surprised by the breakdown of V coupes reported. You stated that 15,715 coupes total were produced in MY2011. Assuming the 10% rule, that means roughly 1,570 V coupes the first year of production. Now, at the end of MY13 production, there have been 32,000 total coupes produced with 6,000 of them being V's. That's a rate of 20%. I don't really question the total number of coupes, just the V's.

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

I spent the weekend with Cadillac at the Belle Isle race last weekend. I got some interesting stats directly from the Global Product manager. 6% of Sedans are Vs, 12% of Coupes, and Wagons? 30 to 35%!

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I'm surprised the wagon percentage isn't higher, like closer to 50%. But 30-35% is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
    I spent the weekend with Cadillac at the Belle Isle race last weekend. I got some interesting stats directly from the Global Product manager. 6% of Sedans are Vs, 12% of Coupes, and Wagons? 30 to 35%!
    Meaning, of all wagons produced, 30-35% of them are V-series?

I suppose that's possible given the hugely disproportionate volume of base CTS sedan/coupe production - Wagons are a rare breed even in standard form. So out of 7-8,000 CTS wagons made, he's saying around 2,000 or 2400 of them are V's (assuming he was specifically referencing US production)?

Believable, but of course since this guy is the Global Manager it's also possible the percentage is lower State-side vs Globally (as the Wagon is much more popular over seas)?

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Meaning, of all wagons produced, 30-35% of them are V-series?

I suppose that's possible given the hugely disproportionate volume of base CTS sedan/coupe production - Wagons are a rare breed even in standard form. So out of 7-8,000 CTS wagons made, he's saying around 2,000 or 2400 of them are V's (assuming he was specifically referencing US production)?

Believable, but of course since this guy is the Global Manager it's also possible the percentage is lower State-side vs Globally (as the Wagon is much more popular over seas)?
    Yes. All CTSs are built here in Lansing, and 30-35% of Wagons built are Vs. He didn't talk any total production numbers, or how many are overseas sales. I'll ask him next time I see him in August.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.