Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to the V3/V Sport?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wil keep my current V2

37 77.08%
  • I will get a new V3

11 22.92%
  • I will get a V Sport

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am curious as to whom plans on upgrading to the new CTS - V/V Sport when they become available. ...
    RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

I am curious as to whom plans on upgrading to the new CTS - V/V Sport when they become available. I know the V Sport may not be considered an upgrade in the strictest sense, but some people may feel that it is fast enough and get one anyway

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

Whatever my next car is, it will be in addition to my V wagon. It likely will not be a V-Sport. Too soon to say it won't be another V as we have no data on which to base a potential purchase.

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

I will almost certainly get a V3. By the end of 2014, I hope. 2015 seems like a long way off.

VRYALT3R3D is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It would have to be significantly superior to the current gen. If the performance is marginally better, ill pass.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I agree with Bob. I love my wagon and don't plan on replacing it.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Considering I have no idea what the specs would be, I'm keeping my new wagon. If they go TT V6, they can keep it and I'll keep my V8.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I'm keeping my V2 but am interested in seeing the new Escalade when it comes out for my wife.

My wagon is just too rare to sell it and way too much fun to drive

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    If its a turbo LT1 and under 4,000lbs, I don't see how I wouldn't want one...

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe

I love my V coupe and intend to keep it but would consider a gen 2 V coupe if it materializes.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I don't see how the V-sport would be considered an upgrade. With 145 less hp it would most certainly be slower and might not handle as good as our current 2g V's. I already feel like I want my V to be faster, going with a Vsport would be a step back.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC
    I don't see how the V-sport would be considered an upgrade. With 145 less hp it would most certainly be slower and might not handle as good as our current 2g V's. I already feel like I want my V to be faster, going with a Vsport would be a step back.
    I second that. V-Sport is a downgrade. 600-650hp twin turbo V3 (3rd generation) is the upgrade.

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

i'll be keeping my V2. performance, looks, reliablilty have me in a death grip. I remember seeing those spy shots from the Ring, and couldnt help but dream.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V
    Upgrade maybe not but I sure like the exterior styling of the new CTS, especially the headlights, so I can't wait to see the V3's exterior. An AWD upgrade would be less than impossible, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Depends on the performance of the V3. If it's better and more "modable," I will make the move. Also looking forward to all the new technology that the next gen will offer.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I agree with the idea of the better electronics, the current nav and entertainment system in the V is obsolete and ready to shelved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.