Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to the V3/V Sport?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wil keep my current V2

37 77.08%
  • I will get a new V3

11 22.92%
  • I will get a V Sport

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; True. But it looked similar to the v-sport. Which looks like a step back IMHO. I say stay conventional on ...
    CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    True. But it looked similar to the v-sport. Which looks like a step back IMHO. I say stay conventional on the general masses and go wild on the V.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    Have you used CUE and the touchscreen everything???
    I played with it while test driving 2 ATSs; I had no problems with it, all the touch points and sliding adjustments worked just fine for me and with no practice was able to plug in navigations points on the fly. I found it to be pretty intuitive and seems to be a pretty slick system.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post

My wife has a 2013 SRX. The CUE is way better than the Vs entertainment system and a leap in the correct direction for the future. Anyone who still thinks BMW and MB has it right ponder this. What true improvement/differences over the past twenty have they made. I suggest all they have done is try to integrate old technology that tries to reduce everything into a single control knob. This direction ultimately creates more compexity and confusion. No real advances from the Euros here. Once the minor bugs are worked out with the CUE. Cadillac will be yrs ahead in this category. I hope for a manual wagon with this option in the future.
    The one feature I really liked about my BMW iDrive was that you could use it while the car was moving. Not locked out of anything. That meant my passenger could program the NAV for me. Does CUE allow for this?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

You can do anything in CUE with voice commands but some things are locked out for touch (which only makes sense)

... and while there should be a way to tell if the driver or a passenger is reaching for the screen there currently isn't
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    You can do anything in CUE with voice commands but some things are locked out for touch (which only makes sense)

... and while there should be a way to tell if the driver or a passenger is reaching for the screen there currently isn't
    The problem I have with voice commands are that you need to know the exact phrasing to use and if the windows are open it usually doesn't work.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post

The problem I have with voice commands are that you need to know the exact phrasing to use and if the windows are open it usually doesn't work.
    My problem with idrive is that the paths for accomplishing simple tasks are multi-step and too complex. Its almost as if you need to study a computer manual to become efficient at programing. CUE is more user friendly and intuitive.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

CUE does not use exact commands ... sometimes there are certain words that work better than others but CUE uses natural language voice controls (similar to Siri on the iPhone) and should be able to understand many variations of commands
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess my 2 days with the ATS loaner and CUE were different.

1. screen was nice but seriously I hate fingerprints so it was a bit annoying
    2. haptic feedback was very slow and lagged which made me ponder if I really did change a setting
    3. I'm sure there is a setting (I never bothered to loo) but the start of CUE everytime was insanely loud in the car, I was mashing buttons all over the place to mute it.

I'm sure it's a step in the right direction but I still don't like most of these systems. I guess I like auto climate control systems of the late 90s where it was temp up/down, recirc air, and which way to go.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrd
    I guess my 2 days with the ATS loaner and CUE were different.

1. screen was nice but seriously I hate fingerprints so it was a bit annoying
    2. haptic feedback was very slow and lagged which made me ponder if I really did change a setting
    3. I'm sure there is a setting (I never bothered to loo) but the start of CUE everytime was insanely loud in the car, I was mashing buttons all over the place to mute it.

I'm sure it's a step in the right direction but I still don't like most of these systems. I guess I like auto climate control systems of the late 90s where it was temp up/down, recirc air, and which way to go.
    I hope it gets improved, ASAP. For a high performance car, that aggravation is not appreciated.

Jud
    Jud

Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Because I take my car to high performance driving schools on tracks with both right and left turns, if I stay with a V it will be the ATS-V. While I love my CTS V Coupe with it six speed manual, even with magnetic ride control it is still honestly too heavy.

I am also interested in the Corvette C7. I have been enamored with the Z06. If it is reasonably priced I probably will strongly consider it. Otherwise, I will test drive a Gran Sport when it is available. I will be interested to see if body will be the same as a Z06. I can live with only 450 hp because I am sure I can find an intake system that will bump it up closer to 475 hp.

Plus, I like the removable roof. Some driving schools will not allow anything but a solid roof with or without a sunroof. I have found an outfit that does not have that requirement. Plus, it puts on the best driving schools for the bang for the buck. Here is its website:

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5236308.htm

So as Franz Joseph said in the movie Amadeus "So there you have it."

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.