Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to the V3/V Sport?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wil keep my current V2

37 77.08%
  • I will get a new V3

11 22.92%
  • I will get a V Sport

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It will depend upon the weight AND if the back seat folds down. Ever since a Taurus SHO passed me ...
    baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

It will depend upon the weight AND if the back seat folds down. Ever since a Taurus SHO passed me at Road America (on a turn in the rain) I see how less weight would be good! A V-6 should give better mileage also.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Re: Who is planing upgrading to the new CTS -V/V Sport when they become available

When I was home on R&R I drove a couple ATSs, just to check out a newer interior. It was very nice and then I went and checked out a 2011 V and agree that the interior is outdated; didn't play with the NAV, but from all I've read here, I know what I'm getting in to there. So my plan is to either find someone looking to get out of a lease with under 2 years on it or find a great deal on a used V and then wait & see what the V3 brings.

Not having had a V, I have no idea how I'll feel about it over the long term; never had a car with this much power, so who knows. Maybe I'll get it out of my system and step down to a V-sport, or maybe I'll be like so many others and fall victim to the "peer pressure" here and get the mod bug! lol

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    So far, the majority of folks plan to keep their V2. I myself want to get the newer upgraded interior and electronics. I lease so for me a V3 is almost a foregone conclusion.
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

dennych is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

given we have no idea what the new V is I think it's safe to say it's too early to say

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I plan to stick with my V2 - have horrible memories from ditching the '69 427 Vette to the "NEW" '72 454 Vette
    Was cool at the time, but in memory...it was a bad move.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I'm pretty sure the V3 will be a better car than the V2 is, but no wagon no sale.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

The v-sport will not be a performance upgrade. Other aspects may be. It will also cost more than a v2.

The V3 will probably be similar to the v2 in performance. It will cost a TON more than the V2 if a fully loaded ATS,XTS is any indication.

I do like the looks of the new CTS. Less sporty, but more high end luxury. Interior is fantastic. I'm more interested in hat an AWD ATS-v coupe my do but they won't make it, and it will be small.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    So far on what I've seen of the v3. It's ugly and will have to do a lot of growing on me in that sense. Performance will definately have to out do the mods I've already done to my current v2 coupe.

----------

A reliable sturdy AWD would do it for me either way with 650 hp

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    So far on what I've seen of the v3. It's ugly and will have to do a lot of growing on me in that sense. Performance will definately have to out do the mods I've already done to my current v2 coupe.

----------

A reliable sturdy AWD would do it for me either way with 650 hp
    You've seen the V3?
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV
    I plan to stick with my V2 - have horrible memories from ditching the '69 427 Vette to the "NEW" '72 454 Vette
    Was cool at the time, but in memory...it was a bad move.
    I feel your pain on this one.. I had a 73 454 Vette.. Before purchasing it, I didn't read the engine tag below the automatic shifter correctly.. I thought it read 454 engine 395 HP... After I bought the car I realized it read 454 engine and 395 TRQ.. I just purchased a 275HP boat anchor. Oh well, nothing a cam swap couldn't fix.

I luv my V2 Coupe... And I luv the pop up NAV.. It's a great conversation piece... Who knows what the V3's future will bring.. I will be checking it out for sure. It would have to have gobs more of HP and be able to beat Godzilla to get my attention... Perhaps an AWD 650HP V3 would do that!

Jinx is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I'm here for the wagon, and anyway, now that I have it I'm poor.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

You've seen the V3?
    I have only seen the internet spy shots like everyone else. And only rumors of the 660 hp engine with cylinder deactivation. Purely speculation and lies at this point. Sorry. But like any good American... I've formed an opinion.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Have you used CUE and the touchscreen everything???

That's more than enough to make me not want to upgrade, plus I have a wagon, no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    Have you used CUE and the touchscreen everything???

That's more than enough to make me not want to upgrade, plus I have a wagon, no dice.
    My wife has a 2013 SRX. The CUE is way better than the Vs entertainment system and a leap in the correct direction for the future. Anyone who still thinks BMW and MB has it right ponder this. What true improvement/differences over the past twenty have they made. I suggest all they have done is try to integrate old technology that tries to reduce everything into a single control knob. This direction ultimately creates more compexity and confusion. No real advances from the Euros here. Once the minor bugs are worked out with the CUE. Cadillac will be yrs ahead in this category. I hope for a manual wagon with this option in the future.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post

I have only seen the internet spy shots like everyone else. And only rumors of the 660 hp engine with cylinder deactivation. Purely speculation and lies at this point. Sorry. But like any good American... I've formed an opinion.
    An opinion of looks on a heavily camouflaged car from a distance. Whatevs...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.