Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When last my salesperson contacted me, the story of my wagon order was that it had been pushed to MY2014. ...
    Jinx is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared!

When last my salesperson contacted me, the story of my wagon order was that it had been pushed to MY2014.

So when he called me Friday afternoon (May 24th), I figured he'd heard when GM was taking orders and/or starting production for MY2014.

But no. "A black CTS-V wagon just showed up on the truck today." I was gobsmacked. Apparently they'd scheduled, built, and shipped it while he was on vacation.

So Saturday morning I took one last romp in the Corvette -- man oh man I'm gonna miss that car -- and then traded it in and drove off in my new wagon: Raven Black, polished wheels, UltraView, ebony Recaros, suede.

Following break-in rules is hard -- the problem isn't driving gently, it's not going a constant speed.

Favorite feature over the first 150 miles: ventilated seats.

Build glitches: wrong shift knob (it's leather, should be suede), loose shift knob (knob and boot came off the shifter in my hand, quickly fixed), and loose center console carpet (bulging so much that, when my foot is on the accelerator, the edge of my shoe clips the brake pedal if I'm not careful. It's not as scary as it sounds.) Should be patched up when parts arrive Wednesday.

.Jinx
    Remo Williams!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Re: Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared!

Congrats, multiple pics please!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Amsome! Enjoy that beast!

I know when I had my replacement diff put in my V1, I needed 1500 miles to break in. So I went out for a drive. Took it down through the Berkshires, western CT, down into the Catskills, through Binghamton and across NY south of the Finger Lakes. Headed out to western NY state and then up to Lake Erie, through Rochester(where a Jaguar S-type R and M5 wanted to race, had to sadly decline) and stayed along the lake, then south towards Syracuse, then NE towards Albany and then Rte 2, through the Berkshires, all the way home.

Did about 1,000 miles in about 17 hours. All different speeds, breaking it in gently...

----------

And, funny enough, that diff was always louder then my first from day 1. When I got my final gen IV replacement from Lindsay Cadillac, I could only do about 250 break in miles before V-Day I at Summit Point. With only those few miles before a track day, that diff still was quiet and gave no problems...

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

One of us.....

Welcome wagon brother!

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Congratulations!

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Congrats & enjoy!

I must admit, for a while there, I was thinking, "why am I in limbo when other people have their build dates?" and then "why did theirs get built and mine get bumped?" I had dark thoughts, like "my dealer doesn't really have allocation" and "that lease info page said they wouldn't start building wagons again until September" and "what if some mold or die wore out or broke and there won't be any more wagons?" I thought about getting in the dealer's face, but decided I'd obsessed over the car a little too much already and just needed to chill for a while. After all, if 13s are done and 14s haven't started yet, there's no point getting wound up.

And yeah, in hindsight, my salesperson dropped the ball on the information front. He should have picked up on my repeated question of "what's our status code, do we have a TPW yet?" and the fact that I was calling him to ask that weekly. He should have engaged me more directly and proactively. And he should have stayed on top of the order, and had someone else do it while he was out.

But that's okay. He was exceedingly helpful as I stumbled my way from "I know exactly what options I want and I just have two questions" to actually committing. And he went the extra mile searching for a more useful rendition of that panic-inducing plum.

And I cannot deny that he said it would probably take eight weeks, and the car showed up eight weeks and one day after I put down a deposit.

Small photos attached, including one I'm going to have to get used to.

.Jinx
    Attached Images

ROFL at the last one.

Yes, you will be best buddies with the oil companies. Unless you end up parking your car. I've already filled up twice in the last week. I am counting the fuel stops between the Grand Canyon and Durango on highways 64 and 160 for my trip to the GC and back next week. And hell yes, I'm taking the V wagon. It's got enough room for the family and our stuff, so why not? Even with the gas, it's still cheaper than flying three people with our planned multiple stops.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe

Congratulations on your beautiful ride!

Fuel consumption -- I have a plan.

The Vette started making "I want more money" noises when cold, so I finally buckled down and started taking the bus to work most days. (No, that's not a euphemism. Literally, public transportation.) I got to work on time, didn't work stupid hours, read books... and then when I did drive the car, I was more in tune with its awesomeness.

I plan to apply the same trick to the Caddy, at least as long as the weather holds out. OTOH, the break-in could take months... but I've decided it'll be fun to see how long I can go before anyone at work notices I've got new non-Corvette wheels.

I guess my next order of business is to find a good transparent film installer before the nose gets bugged and chipped to hell.

BTW, has anyone Scotchguarded their seats? I'm a little worried about the "suede" going naked against water or grease. Having a back seat, I'll probably have a greater variety of passengers and thus a greater chance one of them will break the "no spilling" rule.

.Jinx

r_calif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Raven Black, polished wheels, UltraView, ebony Recaros, suede.
    Congratulations! Great choice -- mine is very similar (except black diamond, graphite wheels, no suede (which I'm regretting!)).

Did I miss your transmission choice in your post?

Manual transmission. (I've never owned anything but a sporty hatchback with a manual transmission. And the streak continues...)

And actually, I'm finding the suede wheel offputting. I guess I've been conditioned (!) over many years not to touch suede because it gets dirty, so I can't bring myself to just GRIP it. It makes my skin crawl. And I swear I'm going to rub a bare spot in the wheel getting in and out. I'm even contemplating asking to keep the leather shifter.

Don't worry about the Alcantara. Is easy to clean. Grip it. Love it. Keep control of your car...

I'm having second thoughts about having the dealer replace my carpet. Except... it's not just the outer bit by the dead pedal, it's drooping and bulging out along the transmission tunnel, affecting my foot position on the accelerator. Maybe the edge of this carpet really is defective and a replacement will fix it. Or maybe the act of pulling and installing carpet with this glitch their focus will reposition it enough to fix it. I'm not so sure about a velcro fix because there's insulation behind the carpet. But I really don't want to speed up the development of squeaks and rattles. Sigh.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Oh god, you're a Pokemon nerd.

(Kidding, kidding)

As far as the suede/alcantara, don't worry about it. I know the feeling you're talking about, but I have 37k miles on mine now and while it does start to get sticky and flatten a little bit, it's easy to clean. Warm water and very mild soap, just use a microfiber towel and wash then rinse, then dry, and when you dry it the suede should go back to normal. I wouldn't trade the suede for anything else, I really like it.

Your picture at the gas pump gave me an idea though. I think we should make a pinup calendar for 2014, consisting of glamour shots of our Vs at gas pumps. You know, their natural environment? Maybe it was funnier in my head, but I like the idea anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.