Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Jinx When last my salesperson contacted me, the story of my wagon order was that it had ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Suddenly, a wild Vagon appeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    When last my salesperson contacted me, the story of my wagon order was that it had been pushed to MY2014.

So when he called me Friday afternoon (May 24th), I figured he'd heard when GM was taking orders and/or starting production for MY2014.

But no. "A black CTS-V wagon just showed up on the truck today." I was gobsmacked. Apparently they'd scheduled, built, and shipped it while he was on vacation.

So Saturday morning I took one last romp in the Corvette -- man oh man I'm gonna miss that car -- and then traded it in and drove off in my new wagon: Raven Black, polished wheels, UltraView, ebony Recaros, suede.

Following break-in rules is hard -- the problem isn't driving gently, it's not going a constant speed.

Favorite feature over the first 150 miles: ventilated seats.

Build glitches: wrong shift knob (it's leather, should be suede), loose shift knob (knob and boot came off the shifter in my hand, quickly fixed), and loose center console carpet (bulging so much that, when my foot is on the accelerator, the edge of my shoe clips the brake pedal if I'm not careful. It's not as scary as it sounds.) Should be patched up when parts arrive Wednesday.

.Jinx
    Remo Williams!
    Hello Jinx,

Congrats on your new vehicle! That is always an exciting time. I hope you are enjoying driving it around! I am sorry for some of the glitches you have noticed with your vehicle and I hope patching it up goes well. If there are ever questions or concerns that arise, please reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Manual transmission. (I've never owned anything but a sporty hatchback with a manual transmission. And the streak continues...)

And actually, I'm finding the suede wheel offputting. I guess I've been conditioned (!) over many years not to touch suede because it gets dirty, so I can't bring myself to just GRIP it. It makes my skin crawl. And I swear I'm going to rub a bare spot in the wheel getting in and out. I'm even contemplating asking to keep the leather shifter.
    Stop being Monk. Get out there and molest that wheel! Grip it and rip it. It's microfiber, not swayde.

AC Promotions is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon-Manual Transmission

Congrats on the wagon arriving. As you will soon find out the gas mileage is horrific. Even babying it around town with partial highway it returns a stellar 14mpg. I loved what the lead instructor at a local road race course said after taking a friends stock '13 coupe out for a sesson; "I couldn't hear enough exhaust to heal and toe downshift but I could watch the gas gauge go down on each lap".

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AC Promotions View Post
    Congrats on the wagon arriving. As you will soon find out the gas mileage is horrific. Even babying it around town with partial highway it returns a stellar 14mpg. I loved what the lead instructor at a local road race course said after taking a friends stock '13 coupe out for a sesson; "I couldn't hear enough exhaust to heal and toe downshift but I could watch the gas gauge go down on each lap".
    Mileage should be the furthest thing from your mind with a 556hp 4600pd wagon.

BTW - I get 15mpg around town and 18-20mpg on the highway

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Not a Pokemon nerd. I only know the phrase from the endless echoes of the Internet meme. It struck me as appropriate

I like the idea of a collection of gas station glamour shots. In fact, I think that's going to become a regular part of my road trip snapshot routine. "Here we are at the Grand Canyon gas station... here we are at a gas station in Sedona... here we are at the Chevron in Needles... and here's the Shell in west Bakersfield..."

"It's microfiber, not swayde." Maybe chanting that will help.

So far (150mi) I'm getting 11.3 mpg. Changing up the rpms and speed is not the path to efficiency. I'm not worried.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Remember you can always change out the wheel and knob yourself relatively cheaply if you ever have a problem with it.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Carpet came in, but the knob still hasn't. In the meantime, I tested to make sure the boost guage works (oh boy does it) and got in a couple more photos from exotic places.

Welcome to San Jose by Atomic Buffalo, on Flickr

does not run on palm oil by Atomic Buffalo, on Flickr

Come again. by Atomic Buffalo, on Flickr

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    A couple exotic, one familiar.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    ROFL at the last one.

Yes, you will be best buddies with the oil companies. Unless you end up parking your car. I've already filled up twice in the last week. I am counting the fuel stops between the Grand Canyon and Durango on highways 64 and 160 for my trip to the GC and back next week. And hell yes, I'm taking the V wagon. It's got enough room for the family and our stuff, so why not? Even with the gas, it's still cheaper than flying three people with our planned multiple stops.
    What the shit? lmao

I fill up 1 tank a day (my coupe is my daily driver)...

I used to get 2 days out of a tank with 91, until I found out 94 was available here (the 94 here has 10% ethanol). After switching to 94, BAM a tank a day! haha

PS. I'm a consultant, so I'm doing minimum 100+ km a day (sometimes 200km)

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Thanks for sharing more pictures! The black looks really sharp.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Let me know how the carpet swap goes. My carpet is bulging by the dead pedal too. Pulling the trim piece it seems there was a little hole cut near the carpet edge that was supposed to be held by the clip of the trim piece. The carpet is so thin it tore there and bulges out now. Of course I don't want to trade a small issue for a big one knowing dealers easily make problems worse.

hakalugi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

congrats! I was unsure of the steering wheel, my first non-leather in 15+ years, but it's growing on me, and glad its equpped with they swayed-ish stuff.

I'm still in my honeymoon phase, but it's going by /fast/..
    Attached Images

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Stop being Monk. Get out there and molest that wheel! Grip it and rip it. It's microfiber, not swayde.
    my thoughts exactly, grab that thing and appreciate how it feels, dont fear it, lol
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

Welcome to the Vagon club! FWIW, I was supposed to have a leather shift knob and got the sueded one. If you want to trade, PM me...

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

agree with all of the above. the faux suede steering wheel is awesome. Glad I bought one with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.