What to look for with a 2010 - 2012 "V" Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What to look for with a 2010 - 2012 "V" Sedan in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Irieman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

What to look for with a 2010 - 2012 "V" Sedan

I have the opportunity to purchase a CTS-V Sedan, but with the other toys currently in the garage I have to purchased used. I’m going to start my search tomorrow morning by visiting a couple of dealers and doing some spirited test driving.

I have to admit this is a last second decision to get rid of my 300C daily driver, so I haven’t had time to do my usually in-depth research. So I’m asking for some help as to what to look for and what to listen for while test driving. What are some of the common problems with these years?

Wish me luck as I hope to be a member of the CTS-V club by the end of the week…or sooner!!!

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Wheels are gonna click at low speeds in turns, blower will more than likely rattle, and the rear diff may whine at 35-40 MPH. Whatever you do, don't let the little nuances be a detractor to a potentially solid purchase. I bought my '09 two years ago. Best thing I've done in the realm of cars in decades. Enjoy your search!

Irieman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: What to look for with a 2010 - 2012 "V" Sedan

Trapspeed, Thanks for the advice. Being a two vette owner I'm definitely use to the low speed wheel/tire clicking issue.

I drove two sedans today (what a rush) and I'm sold on getting a "V", asap. The first one (2011) had high miles (30k), but was in good shape. The second one (2011, too) had lower mileage (23k), but was in real bad shape inside and out. I found a third one (2012) that's real low in miles (5k) and the online pics look great, but the problem I have...it's 10 hours away.

On the corvette side of the house we'll help someone by taking a look at a car for them, especially if it's to far away for them. Is anyone interested at taking a look at a sedan for me in Monticello, IN (close to Lafayette)? It's located at Hubbard GM Center. I'd like to know if it's in Excellent condition inside and out, especially since it's Black/Black. If it's in great shape I'll take a one-way flight to Indiana and drive home a happy man. Help Please!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.