Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Is there any way to default the car to keeping the Sport suspension mode activated? It does such a good ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated

Is there any way to default the car to keeping the Sport suspension mode activated? It does such a good job at maintaining a smooth ride when not cornering, i don't know why I'd ever want it in Touring mode. Would definitely prefer not selecting it every time I start the car though. It would also be great to start in competition mode every time too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated

My salesman said it would keep the last setting (meaning it would default to whatever it was on when you turned the key off last).

Obviously, he was wrong - and I do not believe there is a way to save that selection without changing the software (ie "tuning" the appropriate computer module).

With that said... I'm still trying to figure out of my car has a heated steering wheel - and if not, why not? Wife's CTS wagon has it.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Not possible. This has been discussed before without resolution.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Not possible. This has been discussed before without resolution.
    I'd wager that if you can find someone to hack the computer module that controls the suspension settings - there is a line of code with a default status of "0" that could be changed to "1" or somesuch. But of course the hard part is finding someone with the knowledge to do that - making the mod functionally unrealistic of course.

There was a CTSV owner on another forum that said he could modify any module in the car... I wonder if he could do it?

It's a damn shame there isn't a preference in the menu system that allows you to save the suspension and stabilitrak settings between starts (but I get why Cadillac resets them each time). Still annoying.

Would love a customizable V button that you could enter a few settings into. Or at least make it so holding the suspension selection button for 2-3 seconds locks in the setting as the default.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post

With that said... I'm still trying to figure out of my car has a heated steering wheel - and if not, why not? Wife's CTS wagon has it.
    I'm guessing mostly to do with the sport aspect of it. I can see how easily it would be to probably install one but I'm guessing most don't even care. Also with suede, don't really feel the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    I'm guessing mostly to do with the sport aspect of it. I can see how easily it would be to probably install one but I'm guessing most don't even care. Also with suede, don't really feel the cold.
    It must be for the weight savings. 4350lbs is lightweight, but 4352 pounds is a little much for the Sportwagon image.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I'd wager that if you can find someone to hack the computer module that controls the suspension settings - there is a line of code with a default status of "0" that could be changed to "1" or somesuch. But of course the hard part is finding someone with the knowledge to do that - making the mod functionally unrealistic of course.

There was a CTSV owner on another forum that said he could modify any module in the car... I wonder if he could do it?

It's a damn shame there isn't a preference in the menu system that allows you to save the suspension and stabilitrak settings between starts (but I get why Cadillac resets them each time). Still annoying.
    I don't know if this is similar, but SLP sells a plug-in module that alters the traction control default setting on 4th Gen Camaros and Frebirds.
    http://www.jegs.com/p/SLP/SLP-Camaro...43361/10002/-1
    TCS equipped cars have a manual switch on the dash to turn it on or off, but on start-up the system is programmed to always be turned on. This aftermarket module reverses that setting so that the traction control defaults to off on start-up.
    I'd guess there is probably a way to have the MRC default to "sport" in our cars.

Best regards,

Elie

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Sorry guys, some of the suggestions listed above are brilliant and will likely be in the Gen 3 CTS-V, but we just have to suck it up and hit a button or two extra when you start the car. It is sad, but it's these 1st world problems we all have to deal with every day.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Think of it as your pre-flight check.

Quote Originally Posted by quikag View Post
    we just have to suck it up and hit a button or two extra when you start the car. It is sad, but it's these 1st world problems we all have to deal with every day.
    Yeah yeah - but you'd think for $70K there would be some options for customizing. 1st world problems for sure, but dammit I am wrestling a 2 year old into the car seat - I don't need more things to do before running out of the door 10 minutes late in the morning!

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah yeah - but you'd think for $70K there would be some options for customizing. 1st world problems for sure, but dammit I am wrestling a 2 year old into the car seat - I don't need more things to do before running out of the door 10 minutes late in the morning!
    Even the M's / AMG's need a bit of knob twisting or button pushing to get to full tilt. I mean the old m5's weren't even fully on at 500 hp (only 400hp) once you started the car. GTR's you have to set it each time you turn on the car.

I'm thinking half of it is for safety reasons and the other half emissions (as far as the m's go).

NonGoggleGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe - Manual, Opulent Blue, Sunroof, Recaros

It's one button........ when you get in, push it. Is it that hard? Deal with it.

When I get into my V, I disable the DRL, put on the fog lights, hold the TCS until all is off, push the suspension button, hold my foot on the brake, push the EPB button, and go.... every time. It's not hard.

In a world of unnecessary airbags, back-up cameras, blind-zone alerts, on-board navigation, night vision, bluetooth, and all this other "fluff" that takes away from the driving experience, pressing ONE button ruins you life? Really?

Furthermore, do you need Sport mode with a 2-year-old in the car?

This isn't a gripe thread. I started it as a question to see if there is a work around. I may still find one yet. Just received my 5 volume service manual...now to dive into the electronics.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy View Post
    When I get into my V, I disable the DRL, put on the fog lights, hold the TCS until all is off, push the suspension button, hold my foot on the brake, push the EPB button, and go.... every time. It's not hard.
    Wow, not only did I not know to do all those things, but also I DON'T know what they do! Care to explain what they do, or at least PM me? I mean, I understand what a fog light is, but my goodness, up until now I didn't know how to turn them on (never had a need to). But DRL, TCS, EPB, what is all that?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.