Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by spearfish25 This isn't a gripe thread. I started it as a question to see if there is ...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Keep Sport Mode Suspension Activated

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    This isn't a gripe thread. I started it as a question to see if there is a work around.
    I think it's funny that the only people bitching are the ones complaining about about OP (and myself) stating our preferences for an alternative.

What's next, chewing people out when they ask about swapping pulleys or using different brands of tire? I hope I picked the "correct" color in my compromise of purchasing a vehicle that I enjoy, but would personalize in subtle ways given the chance....

Quote Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy View Post
    It's one button........ when you get in, push it. Is it that hard? Deal with it.

In a world of unnecessary airbags, back-up cameras, blind-zone alerts, on-board navigation, night vision, bluetooth, and all this other "fluff" that takes away from the driving experience, pressing ONE button ruins you life? Really?

Furthermore, do you need Sport mode with a 2-year-old in the car?
    Compulsive button-pushing sequences and a retentive, melodramatic rant on why everyone else can't just awesome be like you... hmmm - are you an engineer by chance?

NonGoggleGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe - Manual, Opulent Blue, Sunroof, Recaros

All I'm saying is that the OP is complaining about "being wound too tight" to push ONE button before operating a heavy hunk of metal wih 4 rubber tires that goes almost 200mph, and is now going to spend hours to "dig into the electronics," potentially messing up something critical in the PCM just so he can circumvent pressing, again, ONE BUTTON. What's next? Complaining that you have to press a button to open the door to get in? "It should just open for me..."

I have to say, I have my own "drive settings" I use too, but the 6 to 7 seconds it takes to turn off TCS and ESC doesn't intrude on my free time. I don't leave rubber marks when I leave the garage.

And no, I'm not an engineer; just a gear-head who would rather press a few simple buttons than have navigation, airbags, and back-up cameras. I LIKE to drive, and I don't necessarily need, like, use, or want any of this useless crap that has become standard on modern vehicles. Is it cool that the V has all these things? Yes, but it's definitely NOT the reason I spent $71K.

It actually seems like the OP is more of an engineer, since he is contemplating screwing with the programming of the electronics. And honestly, I mean no disrespect, but sometimes, saving 7 seconds isn't worth ruining something else; not to mention the time it takes to figure it all out. We have it pretty good - we have CTS-Vs. We should all just be happy about that alone.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy View Post
    All I'm saying is that the OP is complaining about "being wound too tight"...
    Hmmm. I'm the OP. I never complained. I asked a question and expressed a preference. I never said anything about 'being wound to tight'. I'm a DIY guy, like to tinker with my toys, and get satisfaction out of customizing things to my liking. If I can make the car default to sport mode, it's my time and effort and potentially everyone else's benefit if it works. Don't make up stories about me complaining about anything. I'm not.

Don't be the guy with 6 posts who spent 5 of them trying to annoy forum members and alienate himself. These communities can be awesome, particularly when everyone works together to sort out issues and expand possibilities.

NonGoggleGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe - Manual, Opulent Blue, Sunroof, Recaros

Well, I wish you good luck. If you do figure it out, great. It would actually be cool to just get in and drive the way you want to.

I work in the utility industry, and I guess my bias comes from the ever-changing, non-compatible software world of essential electronic devices that deliver power to our houses; and what I've learned over the last ten years is if it works (software), don't fix what isn't technically broken. In other words, we (at work) would never try to "make something better" (software) just for convenience.

But I do wish you good luck.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    opcorn:

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Atv
    Atv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Sounds like this can be done fairly easily? A simple microcontroller that is wired to a switches power source, waits a few seconds, triggers a relay that is NO, for closes it for a second, then goes to sleep. Wire the relay up to the wires for the physical button.

No modification to the software, can be reversed when you sell your car, and hitting the suspension button would put it back into touring mode. Can be done with about $30 in parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.