Torn Between E63AMG or CTS-V - Please Help Me Decide - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Torn Between E63AMG or CTS-V - Please Help Me Decide in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Sorry meant R8 convertible, my bad! And I'm going with a V for sure, thank you again. The achilles heel ...
    AlexTaylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE - But Soon!

Re: Torn Between E63AMG or CTS-V - Please Help Me Decide

Sorry meant R8 convertible, my bad! And I'm going with a V for sure, thank you again. The achilles heel of AMG is they're not as reliable as a GM/Cadillac. With my 100 daily drive my E55 became a pain in the backside even though I had the extended warranty. In 3 years it had to be towed 4 times and I was taking it to the dealer for other items (that didn't require a tow) every other month.

I have a 100 mile daily drive to work and back and need a reliable car and it sounds like the V is reliable so that's the deciding factor for me.

Thanks again, I'll be one of you soon!

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Awesome. Send pics when you get one!

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I can't argue with you about getting a V because its a great car. The only thing I'd consider is buying a car with a 250mi range for a 100 mi daily commute is going to bust the bank in gas.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I can't argue with you about getting a V because its a great car. The only thing I'd consider is buying a car with a 250mi range for a 100 mi daily commute is going to bust the bank in gas.
    Yes definately very true. when I was driving my V a real lot, I got so tired of stopping for gas all the time and looking at my credit card bill every month.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    What the hell were you doing. My range increases to 380 miles when I'm on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    What the hell were you doing. My range increases to 380 miles when I'm on the highway.
    Yes my commute is mostly highway so the range of 350 Miles - 400 miles per tank is fine. It was like this with my E55 and I'm fine with the gas bill. I tell my wife I don't golf, I don't gamble, so my gas bill is my only, "Vice."

I don't get miles per gallon, I get, "Smiles per gallon."

Thanks again.

Alex

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    It's all about the spg's!

Spg. I agree. That's why I've modded mine. Just to make sure I'm getting as many spg's as possible. CAI DRs catch can, tune and upper pully... I wonder how long that will last before the lower pulley, larger intercooler, meth kit, larger injectors, and long tube headers get put on? Or mabe just go with a 427. Just the thought of it gave me a free smile

Totally!

heater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V
    When do you plan on pulling the trigger?

RocketV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    One other thing to think about, living in AZ-It's been my experience having owned a bunch of cars from a Toyota Tercel (Hey, back off, I was a Lance Corporal and made $650 a month) to a Corvette Z06 and a couple V's, with all three American manufacturers, Japanese and European cars thrown in the mix, that No One does air conditioning better than GM. So you've got that going for you with a V, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketV View Post
    One other thing to think about, living in AZ-It's been my experience having owned a bunch of cars from a Toyota Tercel (Hey, back off, I was a Lance Corporal and made $650 a month) to a Corvette Z06 and a couple V's, with all three American manufacturers, Japanese and European cars thrown in the mix, that No One does air conditioning better than GM. So you've got that going for you with a V, which is nice.
    I never knew this to be true and would have thought this was an odd statement about air conditioning. But I've owned a few German cars lately. I lived in Louisiana the past 8 years and it is very hot and muggy in the summer as you can imagine. And my VW Toureg just would not cool off as well as my chevy or caddy. I couldn't figure it out and took it in several times to the Porche/VW dealership and they said its doing what it is supposed to do. To clarify the Euros think of air cond differently. As long as the cabin is 20º cooler than that's fine. Well not when its 110º outside. 90º in the cabin sucks. The germans don't break down but the systems don't work nearly as hard to reduce cabin temp. Same on a buddys M3 and VW diesel.... all new cars. Just a philosophy/society differece. Not necessarily quality and or going to break down type of issue.

Anybody know when the 2014 E63 amg wagon is going to be available? The new 2014 E350 have currently hit the dealer lots and I love the new front end design, I think the E63's will have that same front end? I know they are rare as heck and hardly any dealers are going to have them and start around 100K, the E350 can be had for around 65K or so depending on options and in my opinion is a beautiful wagon, I think the 2014's are better looking than even the CTS-V wagon, of course not as much go power with only 300 hp, but better gas mileage and bigger fuel tank, a little more practical. I think though if I were to get one though it would have to be the E63 wagon though as once you've experience over 500 hp you don't want to go back.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Euros think of air cond differently.
    They sure do, some hotels over there still don''t have AC. And when you order an ice tea over there ...well you get somewhat cold tea with at most two ice cubes (and you better NOT ask for me). Hotels don't have ice machines.....you have to ask the desk and they charge you more it....When I go to Europe and get back home....I relish my big ass super cold ice tea with lots of ice from Mickey D's or the King. Ok my ice rant about Europe is over.

My new VW jetta seems to blow pretty cold a/c although I'll be driving to NYC today in hot temps so it will be the first time testing it with some real heat, suppose to get to 90 the next couple of days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.