Horrible experience
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Horrible experience in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; so 2 days ago i was driving home from work and i went to shift between 1st and second gear ...
    mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Horrible experience

so 2 days ago i was driving home from work and i went to shift between 1st and second gear and i hear this horrible noise , i believe its the rear diff any ways the car would not move wen i pushed the gas i hear a grinding metal noise.

so i call cadillac because the diff was recentley replaced by north bay cadillac of great neck. I schedule an appointment through GM for 10am . no one shows no follow up call nothing i call to complain a drunk tow truck driver shows up at 3:30 pm ( thank god i was not stuck on the freeway ) and asks me for directions to the dealer as if i know, I told him there was no way he was taking my car .
    im sorry but caddilac service is horrible and you would think that buying a 70 k car u would recieve some decent service if it broke down twice already

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I have to agree with your points for sure but do you know what it was yet?

Re: Horrible experience

im pretty sure its the diff they could not get around to pick up my car lol im just waiting for one more broken diff so i can lemon this car

----------

anyone else on here with a manual v that is having diff issues

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Darn, they just can't seem to get these diff's right, some say they are tough in the V2's but I have my doubts, the V1's had real issue with the rears. At least I don't have to worry about it for a while since my V is in storage, I love my VW though.

its sad for me i love the car but holy hell i cant have this problem again ,,,, i guess a law suit is in order

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Sounds like the mechanic who did your rear end screwed up and thats your problem. Now I'm thinking about that as I had mine done too @7K miles, hopefully if it happens it's not going to be a the end of the quarter mile going 119 mph. So far no problems with mine though and I've been around 1K miles with it since the rear was done. The mechanic seemed to really know what he was doing as I went in the garage and talked with him for a bit while he was working on it, he did the whole job in 4 hours which I was amazed with. 1K miles and now the rear end seems quite as a mouse. Was your rear end still making any noise before this happened? Was the reason you had it replaced due to it making whining noises?

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Don't know why your having a second diff problem but one thing that is definitely hurting all of the V2's diffs is that they only hold 1.5 quarts of fluid.
    They have to run hot even just cruising around town never mind any hard driving or tracking the car

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Sounds like the local tow company had a bad apple.

As for the diff, let's hope third time's a charm. Why was the first diff replaced?

it was originaly replaced because it was whining

----------

what is the customary break in period on a new diff replacement ?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon
    it was originaly replaced because it was whining

----------

what is the customary break in period on a new diff replacement ?
    IMO, 500 miles minimum.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    its sad for me i love the car but holy hell i cant have this problem again ,,,, i guess a law suit is in order
    Really? Gotta love litigation happy people...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Darn, they just can't seem to get these diff's right, some say they are tough in the V2's but I have my doubts, the V1's had real issue with the rears. At least I don't have to worry about it for a while since my V is in storage, I love my VW though.
    As a former owner of a V1, you have no clue. None. As for your VW, hooray...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Are you sure it's not the clutch or tranny? Your description makes me think your clutch is gone. How long ago was the rear end changed?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I can't comment on the differential or your car in general, as there's just too much information NOT included so far in this thread.

One thing I CAN comment on, is that an inebriated tow truck driver is the fault of the local Contractor, their hiring practices and your bad luck.

Unless "Cadillac Customer Service" was painted onto the truck, you got whichever tow company was available in the area - pretty much like what you'd get if you called AAA. So I can get your rant, but just place your blame where it belongs: the Tow Truck Company and that driver.

Did you call the cops on the driver?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    so 2 days ago i was driving home from work and i went to shift between 1st and second gear and i hear this horrible noise , i believe its the rear diff any ways the car would not move wen i pushed the gas i hear a grinding metal noise.

so i call cadillac because the diff was recentley replaced by north bay cadillac of great neck. I schedule an appointment through GM for 10am . no one shows no follow up call nothing i call to complain a drunk tow truck driver shows up at 3:30 pm ( thank god i was not stuck on the freeway ) and asks me for directions to the dealer as if i know, I told him there was no way he was taking my car .
    im sorry but caddilac service is horrible and you would think that buying a 70 k car u would recieve some decent service if it broke down twice already
    Hello mmmbacon,

I apologize for the experience you had with no tow truck arriving when you made the appointment for them to. The tow truck companies we contract for our Roadside Assistance are independently owned and operated, but I would like to document what happened and send that to the correct people within the organization so they are made aware of this. Do you happen to know the company who the tow truck belonged to, as well as the name of the driver? I would like to assist you in the process of working with the dealership to try and diagnose what is wrong with your CTS-V. Could you private message me your VIN, mileage, name, contact info, and dealership you are currently working with? I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

yes it was just a string of unfortunate circumstances as far as the tow truck was concerned that was not cadillacs fault however not recieving any service until the following day was dissapointing and the way there customer service team handled it was horrific , that said my car was diagnosed and they are saying it was the right rear axle broke loose
    now my concern is that they are only repairing one side is this normal ? shouldent both axles be replaced

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.