Horrible experience - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Horrible experience in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; they are blaming my mods on thier neglegent install meanwhile people have 800whp on stock axles and no drama ---------- ...
    mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Re: Horrible experience

they are blaming my mods on thier neglegent install
    meanwhile people have 800whp on stock axles and no drama

----------

luckily i was only doing about 30 mph when my axle let go

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    They won't fix it??? Didn't they fix the first one? What changed since the fixing of the first axle
    See, that's shady. "Oh yeah, we can fix it wrong twice...but now that's we've screwed up enough and GM is yanking the checkbook we're done working on this car because it's our ass on the line now"

This doesn't pass the smell test. What certified mechanic wouldn't offer to work on a car that he's trained to fix while getting paid top dollar? ...the one who's about to open himself up to a lawsuit cuz he's messed up multiple times already.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Or maybe the dealership has had bad experiences with customers with mods, and feels they're all more trouble than they're worth.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I'd like to get your VIN so I can see what exactly it says in the GM warranty system about your car.

any chance you'll post it here or PM/email it to me?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I thought you were stock! If you're modded you're on your own. Best to buy a whole new replacement diff and get it installed by a reputable shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    I'd like to get your VIN so I can see what exactly it says in the GM warranty system about your car.

any chance you'll post it here or PM/email it to me?
    pm sent

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chris CTS V Wagon View Post
    I thought you were stock! If you're modded you're on your own. Best to buy a whole new replacement diff and get it installed by a reputable shop.
    i modded after the second repair it was the same axle clearley a faulty install

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

from what I can tell from looking up you VIN in the warranty system there is no warranty block added to your VIN

if your dealer is the one telling you that your warranty was voided then they're not shooting straight with you
    if Cadillac itself is telling you that then the system might not have updated on my end yet... but that's unlikely

you might want to contact Cadillac Customer Care and inform them that your dealer told you that your warranty was voided and have them check for you
    they can do something about the situation and at least note that the dealer isn't being upfront with their customers (in at least one instance)

another course of action might just be to start dealing with another Cadillac dealer and put this one behind you and not look back
    (or another GM dealer... Chevy would be my suggestion because they would have techs familiar with corvettes and camaros ... similar engines to yours)

i emailed you a copy of your warranty summary and your build sheet for good measure

also, keep in mind that you have modded and that muddies the waters when you end up in a situation like the one you find yourself in presently

good luck with your repairs,
    chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

i appreciate that im going to fix this with some buddies because i trust thier work .
    if i need some parts i will contact you
    best Alex

CadAdvisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Sorry all but I'm calling b.s. on if not this whole issue involving mmmbacon at least most of it. As someone who has seen it all and heard every excuse allow me to explain.
    Let's understand the simplest fact, if you modify your vehicle while it's under the FACTORY warranty you VOID the warranty and/or at least the related components to the system modified. Period, end of discussion. Read your owners manual, it's in very clear print.
    Considering the axle mentioned is part of what's considered the powertrain/drivetrain system there is no warranty regardless due to your modifications. The dealer has every right to decline a repair and no one will "goodwill" or as it's now known "policy" the repair. The factory will not allow nor will pay for it.

If I read the history as you've provided it mmmbacon you've already had a differential replacement and are now going on your 3rd axle replacement??
    You've had the differential replaced at one dealer, then had to have the factory d/s rear axle replaced at another dealer and THEN the replacement axle failed and you wonder why that dealer declined a warranty repair?? What company do you know of won't protect itself??
    Am I understanding this right? Am I the only one here seeing a pattern?? I find it hard to believe the same failure of the exact same part in the exact same way within weeks is wholly due to poor workmanship. It's easy to blame the guy doing the work as it's an easier excuse than being honest. So we have 2 dealers, making the exact same mistake with the exact same repair? Nope, not buying it.

I also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods.

Your story is all over the place here.... I was doing 15mph, I was doing 30mph, a 60k car, a 70K car, blah blah blah

Here's what I believe happened, you bought this V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) and now expect the rules to be bent because you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something. It also doesn't matter in the least "so-and-so did A,B and C and has had no problems", YOU voided your warranty and the dealer is well within their right not to touch that car if they so choose.

I could continue to analyze and respond to EVERY bit of this story and dispute 99% of it but why bother.
    There is much more to this story we're not hearing but it doesn't matter. mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the "stealership"?
    We're just here to rip you off right?

Deflect blame any way you see fit but you have no case and it's your own fault. Good luck with your argument in court (if it ever gets that far).

Now I'll wait for those who have no clue what they're talking about to respond and attack. This should get good.
    muohio and Trapspeed like this.

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I also feel like this isn't adding up. Maybe the five Cadillac dealerships I've dealt with are the exception, but their customer treatment has always been fair if not exceptional. Not saying that there can't be bad dealers, but this is just too hard to believe.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Same. Usually exceptional treatment here. You must be a rare case or they don't like you.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

I don't know if it is rare for this to happen. I had a Cadillac dealership service writer once tell me that they wouldn't warranty a part just because i didn't buy the car from them. Out off all the gm dealerships that i have had my cars worked on i never had this happen except for the Cadillac dealer. Went straight to another dealer and they said no problem. Had the car back the next day. Op should just try another dealer.

bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Patiently waiting to hear an update.

basically sir you are wrong my axle was not torqued down correctley the first time when they installed the diff this was clearley visable on the axle there where no stress marks the bolts simply un threaded themselves . i do not take my car to the track just some simple agressive street driving ,
    furthermore our cars are not known for having a weak rear axle , when the axle came loose the inside of the diff were the ring is was chewed i have pictures to verify ,
    when they re attached the second axle there was no way that 3 of the bolts could have even threaded on the diff that is why the wormed out again . now we are at the point where they voided my warrantty ( also these repairs are all within 800 miles of eachother . ) finally i took my car to vette tech in great neck long island they ordered a new axle they said the axle was not really damaged and the reason it fell out was because the dealer never rethreaded the holes the BOLTS WERE NEVER in the diff ring .

----------

it just boils down to simple neglegance and the same old story of the dealer covering thier asses . i have multiple witnesses and shop testimony if you are calling me a liar im sorry for you sir .
    i will see gm in court and they will loose plain and simple

----------

Quote Originally Posted by muohio View Post
    I also feel like this isn't adding up. Maybe the five Cadillac dealerships I've dealt with are the exception, but their customer treatment has always been fair if not exceptional. Not saying that there can't be bad dealers, but this is just too hard to believe.
    it is really hard for me to belive as well i never thought that i would end up in a legal battle over this . believe me this is my last option . the service advisor is siding with the mechanic even though he is a noob and used an impact gun on my diff and did not hand torque the bolts and use lock tight .

----------

ok mark this is clearley you sir your mechanic did not install the axle correctley end of story .

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CadAdvisor View Post
    Sorry all but I'm calling b.s. on if not this whole issue involving mmmbacon at least most of it. As someone who has seen it all and heard every excuse allow me to explain.
    Let's understand the simplest fact, if you modify your vehicle while it's under the FACTORY warranty you VOID the warranty and/or at least the related components to the system modified. Period, end of discussion. Read your owners manual, it's in very clear print.
    Considering the axle mentioned is part of what's considered the powertrain/drivetrain system there is no warranty regardless due to your modifications. The dealer has every right to decline a repair and no one will "goodwill" or as it's now known "policy" the repair. The factory will not allow nor will pay for it.

If I read the history as you've provided it mmmbacon you've already had a differential replacement and are now going on your 3rd axle replacement??
    You've had the differential replaced at one dealer, then had to have the factory d/s rear axle replaced at another dealer and THEN the replacement axle failed and you wonder why that dealer declined a warranty repair?? What company do you know of won't protect itself??
    Am I understanding this right? Am I the only one here seeing a pattern?? I find it hard to believe the same failure of the exact same part in the exact same way within weeks is wholly due to poor workmanship. It's easy to blame the guy doing the work as it's an easier excuse than being honest. So we have 2 dealers, making the exact same mistake with the exact same repair? Nope, not buying it.

I also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods.

Your story is all over the place here.... I was doing 15mph, I was doing 30mph, a 60k car, a 70K car, blah blah blah

Here's what I believe happened, you bought this V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) and now expect the rules to be bent because you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something. It also doesn't matter in the least "so-and-so did A,B and C and has had no problems", YOU voided your warranty and the dealer is well within their right not to touch that car if they so choose.

I could continue to analyze and respond to EVERY bit of this story and dispute 99% of it but why bother.
    There is much more to this story we're not hearing but it doesn't matter. mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the "stealership"?
    We're just here to rip you off right?

Deflect blame any way you see fit but you have no case and it's your own fault. Good luck with your argument in court (if it ever gets that far).

Now I'll wait for those who have no clue what they're talking about to respond and attack. This should get good.
    Mark this is clearley you sir . your mechanic installed the axle incorrectley and i have proof . it will go to ccourt and you will loose have a nice day

----------

V second hand, modified it (as if 570hp isn't enough) its 556 mark and its not enough . learn about the cars you are servicing

----------

"you bought an expensive (when it was brand NEW) vehicle and think someone owes you something" this is that great customer service i was talking about . mark i can buy your wife i have that kind of money you will never see as a service advisor any hows may this be a warning to all on here do not buy a car from pepe cadilac or pepe automotive group .

----------

"mmmbacon is playing a great victim and what's an easier target than the stealership" i am a victim here to your noob mechanic not knowing how to install the axle

----------

"also find it impossible to believe the dealer declined doing the repair as cash work. NO dealer is turning away CASH work in these times. What the dealer will do is document the modifications (yes to protect themselves, duh) and advise the work would not be warrantied due to the mods."
    word for word what you said we dont want to work on your car it will open a can of worms ....... you like apples

----------

Mark Any car person can tell you mods or no mods an axle should not fall out after 800 miles of it being driven on .. you clearley are a vengful prick and its because of dealers like you that the courts ruled in favor of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

modded or not you should have fixed it and whent on with your life and gotten greased under the table like a good little bitch

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

that post just hurt my brain......
    mmmbacon likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.