Horrible experience - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Horrible experience in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; this is the second dealer already ---------- they just left me in the parking lot of a closed dealership at ...
    mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Re: Horrible experience

this is the second dealer already

----------

they just left me in the parking lot of a closed dealership at 6pm , and did nothing other than tell me that there was no way i could get a loaner . when i got there the driver and me esentially left the car in front of there garage it took me 3 hrs to get home and i lost 2 days of work .

----------

already have done that they just keep telling me they are looking into it which honestley makes me uncomfortable i kind of just want my money back at this point
    i can not afford to get stuck again ,

pat2t2f is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    It's unfortunate, it sucks and I agree with your anger but they are not taking the car back. Hopefully this is the last problem the car has. It all seems related so I'm fairly confident it will be ok from here on out.
    As far as the dealer goes I would keep complaining to the service manager and regional manager. Document calls and what was said
    Good luck.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

COURTESY TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
    During the warranty coverage period, this Cadillac program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.

24/7 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
    Cadillac is proud to offer the response, security, and convenience of the 24-hour Roadside Assistance Program for a period of 6-years or 70,000-miles1, whichever comes first, for 2013 models (5-years/100,000-miles1 for 2012 and older models). Refer to your Owner Manual for details, or consult your dealer/retailer. The Roadside Assistance contact information is listed in the Customer Assistance Offices section of the Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet.
    straight from cadillac.com

notice the "reimbursement of certain transportation expenses"

i believe that covers trip interruption also

i understand that you say that customer care has not been helpful
    if you haven't tried Laura and Greg here on the forums then definitely do that
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

caddilac voided my warrantty and now i have to pay out of pocket for thier sloppy work

Why was your warranty voided? Is the car modified?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

why was your warranty voided?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

i have id850s tune airraid pulleys and hx i do not see how this is correlated to my axle breaking but that is what they said

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    i have id850s tune airraid pulleys and hx i do not see how this is correlated to my axle breaking but that is what they said
    You're over-driving the blower and altered the CPU....I can't really say GM is in the wrong. The electronic torque limitations could be removed; more power is going to the diff than they engineered for; the rev limiter could be changed.

I'm sorry to hear that they are leaving you out to dry - it's not going to bode well for word of mouth PR here on the forum, but right now they're protecting themselves. You might have luck if you calmly approach the dealership that did the shoddy work. Its apparent that its all related. The diff goes, the one axle, then the other. It sure seems like it broke the second time because something wasn't tightened or was over-worn and that was exacerbated by installing the new right-side axle.

Good luck with the fix.

I agree with Youngblood. You must have known that you were taking a chance on the dealer voiding the warranty after the mods.
    Technically GM has to prove that the mods caused the piece to fail but it would be cheaper to pay to have the car repaired then to get into that fight.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    caddilac voided my warrantty and now i have to pay out of pocket for thier sloppy work
    Oh boy....

Does this dealer have a warranty for their work? Sounds related. I think the problem is less the car and more the dealership's response to your issue.

In any case, drivetrain warranty is voided for your engine mods? Diff is included in the drivetrain so even though your mods have nothing to do with the diff, it's still not covered. Or that's how I read it....

Sorry to read of your trouble.

its ok i guess i have lots of mechanic friends nothing a few dollars and some beers wont fix .

----------

to top it off though i got a parking ticket and my v2v lip was damaged by the tow company

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Just a lesson to us that with that many mods, they can and will void a warranty. No surprise.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Your engine could be making significantly more power than stock. That power goes through the differential and the axles. It sucks that they broke, and I'm sure there are several other CTS-V owners who run bigger mods than that through the stock diff and axles and they don't have problems, but I see Cadillac's point.

Folks frequenting the Performance Mods section or other GM performance car resources might have useful tips for negotiating warranty support.

.Jinx

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood_STSV View Post
    You're over-driving the blower and altered the CPU....I can't really say GM is in the wrong. The electronic torque limitations could be removed; more power is going to the diff than they engineered for; the rev limiter could be changed.

I'm sorry to hear that they are leaving you out to dry - it's not going to bode well for word of mouth PR here on the forum, but right now they're protecting themselves. You might have luck if you calmly approach the dealership that did the shoddy work. Its apparent that its all related. The diff goes, the one axle, then the other. It sure seems like it broke the second time because something wasn't tightened or was over-worn and that was exacerbated by installing the new right-side axle.

Good luck with the fix.
    i get that , and i did approach them calmly even if i paid them they said they would not fix it

They won't fix it??? Didn't they fix the first one? What changed since the fixing of the first axle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.