Horrible experience - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Horrible experience in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The guy who did the replacement diff did not put the axle in right, that's what happened. Should be ok ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Horrible experience

The guy who did the replacement diff did not put the axle in right, that's what happened. Should be ok just doing that side as long as the new diff carrier was not damaged when it broke.

As for thebigjimsho, yes i do have a clue, the V1's diff's were junk, that's why GM redesigned them for the V2's, now they are having different issues.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    As for thebigjimsho, yes i do have a clue, the V1's diff's were junk, that's why GM redesigned them for the V2's, now they are having different issues.
    So you're saying the diffs have a diff issue? har har har

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    The guy who did the replacement diff did not put the axle in right, that's what happened. Should be ok just doing that side as long as the new diff carrier was not damaged when it broke.

The V1s you can't even take to the strip in stock form. I would rather turn, so I had no problems accepting the fact wheelhop will grenade your diff on burnouts. If it had 556hp, you'd be grenading diffs on demand.

The V2 may not all have perfect differentials, but I could do burnouts on demand whenever. As opposed to 3 total passes on a strip on my '04, I was able to dozens and dozens of passes in the '09. Without a worry.

If you didn't like the little bit of whining, then that's fine. My diff was perfect the entire time I had it. I never had worries with my '09. I had to be very restrictive in how I drove my '04. Heck, we even had conference calls with GM engineers and forum members, it was so bad. They made 4 iterations of differentials trying to improve the major issues.

So unless you had a V1, you have no idea...

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    So unless you had a V1, you have no idea...
    The hop on wet pavement!!!! Madonn'!

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I have a manual. I have had tons of problems with the tranny and the rear diff. They were both replaced by GM. On the second diff i gave the rear diff the recommended break in of 1500 miles. I have 4500 miles and about 30 passes at the 1/4. Ive beat the crap out of it and Everything is great now and no whinning. I received my car off the lot with 650 miles or so.... So I think all you guys who were trying out my car before I actually got it were the cause of my first diff failure. Once its broken in properly the rear diff is damn near bullet proof. Hard part is breaking it in properly.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbacon View Post
    yes it was just a string of unfortunate circumstances as far as the tow truck was concerned that was not cadillacs fault however not recieving any service until the following day was dissapointing and the way there customer service team handled it was horrific , that said my car was diagnosed and they are saying it was the right rear axle broke loose
    now my concern is that they are only repairing one side is this normal ? shouldent both axles be replaced
    Hello mmmbacon,

I could reach out to your dealership about the question you have about both axels being replaced if you could provide me with the dealership you are currently being serviced at. I will look for your updates to see if your vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction. If it isn’t, feel free to private message us and we will look into your concern for you. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello mmmbacon,

I could reach out to your dealership about the question you have about both axels being replaced if you could provide me with the dealership you are currently being serviced at. I will look for your updates to see if your vehicle is repaired to your satisfaction. If it isn’t, feel free to private message us and we will look into your concern for you. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    it is being serviced At pepe cadillac of white plains ny thunder gray 6 speed thank you

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Broke loose? Holy crap. I've never heard of that happening to a V before, I wonder if it had to do with the first replacement, like if they didn't tighten something down to spec when they were putting it back together?

it is being serviced At pepe cadillac of white plains ny thunder gray 6 speed thank you
    Thanks mmmbacon, Could you private message me your name and your VIN so that the dealership would be able to find you in their system when I call them? Thank you!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did you buy new or used from North Bay ?

mmmbacon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

sorry to resurect this thread but today after the last set of horrible circumstances it has happened again
    and worse i was travling on the high way and because the dealer had decided not to change both axles my left axle broke loose this time putting me in the middle of a dangerous highway with a dead vehicle .
    as per last time i waited in my car for 6 hours for roadside to make moves passing me along to various people and not solving any issues .
    worst of all the dealership had not procured a rental car for me , and made me take a 3hr bus ride home in 90 degree weather .
    and now plain and simple i dont feel safe in my car
    gms customer service was horrible
    they honestley dont give a **** that we spent 60k on these cars and i will be selling my car and never buying another gm product ever .

sorry to resurect this thread but today after the last set of horrible circumstances it has happened again
    and worse i was travling on the high way and because the dealer had decided not to change both axles my left axle broke loose this time putting me in the middle of a dangerous highway with a dead vehicle .
    as per last time i waited in my car for 6 hours for roadside to make moves passing me along to various people and not solving any issues .
    worst of all the dealership had not procured a rental car for me , and made me take a 3hr bus ride home in 90 degree weather .
    they honestley dont give a **** that we spent 60k on these cars and i will be selling my car and never buying another gm product ever .
    Hello mmmbacon,

I am sorry for this experience you had to deal with. I wanted to let you know I did receive your private message, and I will continue to interact with you that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

You need a new dealer that is insanity. you may want to call a lawyer.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

What was their reasoning for denying courtesy transportation? It's covered under the current new car warranty, was it not for your model year, or is your warranty already expired? Did you not ask for transportation?

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I don't think it's lawyer time but I would definitely find another dealer and make complaints within GM itself.
    neuronbob likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.