New Member to the Caddy World
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Member to the Caddy World in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What's up fellas (and ladies?), I just recently bought my 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V sedan 2 weeks ago. First thing ...
    MikeJCx9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Selina - 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

New Member to the Caddy World

What's up fellas (and ladies?), I just recently bought my 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V sedan 2 weeks ago. First thing I did was tint it out 20% debating on doin the windshield 35%. Came with the black rims, not black chrome though...not sure if they came out with them till 2012-2013 models? Regular grill, again not black chrome.

Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself, as I will be floating around here many a days & nights lol...I'm open to all suggestions as far as to what you guys think/suggest performance-wise mods I should do first? Don't want to go crazy just a little something. My rear window spoiler is in body shop getting painted to match and I'm looking for a rear trunk lip spoiler. Want to black out certain parts including grill mesh and lights. Been browsing alot of the V's on here and love em all, even if not my style so big props to everyone and looking forward to making some new friends. Take care and have a good one!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Welcome to the fray known as this board! Plenty of valuable information along with quite a few colorful personalities here for your reading enjoyment. The V2 is one of the best cars made and I, for one, am lucky to own one. Enjoy it and feel free to jump in. Make sure to use the search feature, as many of the first things you may notice about your car we've seen and answered already. Welcome!

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: New Member to the Caddy World

35 percent tint in the DC area gets you pulled over on any window. You can do that in Jersey and not get yanked?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJCx9 View Post
    What's up fellas (and ladies?), I just recently bought my 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V sedan 2 weeks ago. First thing I did was tint it out 20% debating on doin the windshield 35%. Came with the black rims, not black chrome though...not sure if they came out with them till 2012-2013 models? Regular grill, again not black chrome.

Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself, as I will be floating around here many a days & nights lol...I'm open to all suggestions as far as to what you guys think/suggest performance-wise mods I should do first? Don't want to go crazy just a little something. My rear window spoiler is in body shop getting painted to match and I'm looking for a rear trunk lip spoiler. Want to black out certain parts including grill mesh and lights. Been browsing alot of the V's on here and love em all, even if not my style so big props to everyone and looking forward to making some new friends. Take care and have a good one!
    Why are you getting both spoilers? A trunk spoiler is to have fresh air flowing cleanly over the car to keep the rear fully planted. If you do a roof spoiler, that air is all messed up. I don't get it...

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I would leave the spoiler situation as is; the V2 is not a Mustang. Also, most aftermarket spoilers, wings, etc., usually adversely affect performance by adding more drag and doing nothing to decrease lift.

Jud
    Jud

MikeJCx9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Selina - 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

Re: New Member to the Caddy World

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Why are you getting both spoilers? A trunk spoiler is to have fresh air flowing cleanly over the car to keep the rear fully planted. If you do a roof spoiler, that air is all messed up. I don't get it...
    Hmm...well, I've seen it on other sedans and thought it looked good, but I never put any thought into it from the performance side of things...

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
    A roof spoiler could work better on the wagon, to reduce drag...

BTW, welcome to the community!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.