Here's one for the record books.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Here's one for the record books. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I had to replace the RR wheel on my '12 coupe because I curbed it really good. When the dealer's ...
    khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Here's one for the record books.

I had to replace the RR wheel on my '12 coupe because I curbed it really good. When the dealer's mechanic finished his work, he laid his impact wrench on top of the lower control arm and then forgot about it. When the car was lowered the impact wrench was securely wedged inside the coil spring.

The service manager called me after I had returned home ( a trip of about 28 miles at sometimes high speed) to ask if I had "heard anything fall off of my car"!!!! Ended up taking it to a nearby local shop who put it up on a lift and eventually had to pull the wheel to get the impact wrench out.

They had me back over to check everything out. No problems fortunately. The added work was free, and they covered the local shop's bill and threw me a Cadillac golf shirt.

Wonder if anyone else has ever had that happen to them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I once had a crew chief leave his safety wire pliers on top of my Apache's tail rotor gearbox. Found on post flight. Any negative "G" maneuver (which is easy in an AH64) could have resulted in the pliers touching the driveshafts and led to a catastrophic failure.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Re: Here's one for the record books.

I have a nice 1/4" drive Mac ratchet, extension and 10mm deep socket a mechanic left in my Corvette 15 years ago. If I hadn't had to spend 2 hours cleaning his greasy hand prints off of the seats, door panels and dash, after I got the car back, I would have returned it...

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Va72mlibu
    I once had a crew chief leave his safety wire pliers on top of my Apache's tail rotor gearbox. Found on post flight. Any negative "G" maneuver (which is easy in an AH64) could have resulted in the pliers touching the driveshafts and led to a catastrophic failure.
    And that there would have gotten his ass beaten upon landing. Period. Hell, maybe it did!

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed

And that there would have gotten his ass beaten upon landing. Period. Hell, maybe it did!
    The Army kinda' frowns on Officers beating on Soldiers these days. He didn't touch another aircraft for awhile though!

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Thought I would bump this one up.

jbwhite85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So there I was, taking off at max gross weight 590,000Lbs out of Honolulu international...start rolling down the runway, hit V1 (commit speed), rotate, and as soon as we rotated, we hear this huge boom and it shakes the aircraft violently. Long story short, crew chief left a wrench in one of the motors, go into the compressor section and destroyed a six million dollar engine. We proceeded to dump jet fuel over Waikiki/pacific ocean for the next 30 minutes just to get to our max landing weight.

JB

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Hey doctors leave things inside people all the time too....sponges, forceps, needles, gauze....you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbwhite85
    So there I was, taking off at max gross weight 590,000Lbs out of Honolulu international...start rolling down the runway, hit V1 (commit speed), rotate, and as soon as we rotated, we hear this huge boom and it shakes the aircraft violently. Long story short, crew chief left a wrench in one of the motors, go into the compressor section and destroyed a six million dollar engine. We proceeded to dump jet fuel over Waikiki/pacific ocean for the next 30 minutes just to get to our max landing weight.

JB
    And again, someone's a$$ would have been beaten upon landing. What were you in? Sounds like maybe a 747?

jbwhite85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Kc-10 (dc-10).

Quote Originally Posted by jbwhite85
    Kc-10 (dc-10).
    Awesome. Another monster.
    jbwhite85 likes this.

turbol15 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 eldo,2011 cts-v

retards

beneseagal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The same stupid ass dealer tried telling me that my v runs on 89 octane when I purchased! Then the day after picking up the car (in which was 3 days later than promised) the car broke down! Supposedly new (but had 100+ miles on it) every light on the dash was on! Replaced the throttle assembly, told me it was just a electronic thing. Pick up the car, week later same thing! So I call a dealer in LA, he says there's a bulletin about it to check the plug coming in from the firewall if not properly installed it will leak water in. The idiots just replaced again! I ended up wrecking the car a few weeks later!!! Needless to say I will never ever go back to them again. I have to drive an hr away for warranty work, but well worth it in my opinion! Crest cadillac sucks!!!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by beneseagal View Post
    The same stupid ass dealer tried telling me that my v runs on 89 octane when I purchased! Then the day after picking up the car (in which was 3 days later than promised) the car broke down! Supposedly new (but had 100+ miles on it) every light on the dash was on! Replaced the throttle assembly, told me it was just a electronic thing. Pick up the car, week later same thing! So I call a dealer in LA, he says there's a bulletin about it to check the plug coming in from the firewall if not properly installed it will leak water in. The idiots just replaced again! I ended up wrecking the car a few weeks later!!! Needless to say I will never ever go back to them again. I have to drive an hr away for warranty work, but well worth it in my opinion! Crest cadillac sucks!!!
    Huh? So they left 89 octane fuel in your V and you crashed it?

I guess that tops the wrenches left in the airplane stories...

WGT31 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Vagon TG, Black, Roof, Suede Wheel and Shifter, Polishe

Quote Originally Posted by beneseagal View Post

Which Crest Cadillac?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.