Can a Caddy rep help me find a v.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By neuronbob
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Can a Caddy rep help me find a v. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Trying to decide between another used M5 and a used V. Can't find a V within 300 hundred miles of ...
    LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Can a Caddy rep help me find a v.

Trying to decide between another used M5 and a used V. Can't find a V within 300 hundred miles of Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402 to test drive. Just wondering if the Caddy Rep could be of any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Can a Caddy rep help me find a v.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0

114 within 300 miles of ZIP code 52408, Cedar Rapids, including one only 22 miles from you.

Enjoy.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0

114 within 300 miles of ZIP code 52408, Cedar Rapids, including one only 22 miles from you.

Enjoy.
    There ya go! If you want, I can drum one up from down south (I'm in Missouri) and Certify it for you?

Ok, going to test drive the 2013. I'm thinking the 2013 is the same as the 09, 10,11 and model years right? With the M5 you had to push some buttons to get max performance is it the same with the V and if so what settings do I use on the test drive. Thanks for the info.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin
    With the M5 you had to push some buttons to get max performance is it the same with the V?
    Nope! Slam the gas and hang on. Let us know what you do.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin View Post
    Ok, going to test drive the 2013. I'm thinking the 2013 is the same as the 09, 10,11 and model years right? With the M5 you had to push some buttons to get max performance is it the same with the V and if so what settings do I use on the test drive. Thanks for the info.
    Glad to help. All model years perform the same, so by testing the 2013 you get the same driving experience as with the other years. There are only minor differences between the different model years. As Trapspeed said, you don't have to do anything special. Just apply right foot and go....fast. On the automatic, try the sport transmission mode as it gives crisper shifts.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I heard the tunes are different, but they do all have the same hp/tq ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacricket View Post
    There ya go! If you want, I can drum one up from down south (I'm in Missouri) and Certify it for you?
    Are you referring to getting it CPO'd, if so can you get one up north certified. My Genesis was a CPO, the advantage in having it cpo'd was it made it eligible for the 10/100,00 warranty to be transferred to me. What would be the advantage of having the V certified and what is the cost. They made me bring the V home with me for a couple of days but I think I would go with the used one. Hate taking the hit on depreciation. I will post my comparison on the two tomorrow. Thanks again.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

You are looking at ~$1200 to get it certified.

My take on the M5 and the V. Cost, the clear winner is the V. Engine sounds have to go to the M5, most of the time the stereo was turned off, the wail of the V10 is magical. I haven't heard a V with a modified exhaust, so if anyone has a good sound clip please point me in that direction. Torque and H.P goes to the V, though at speeds above 80 MPH the M5 seems to have better acceleration. Tranny, The M5 is really only available as a manual, just depends if you want a computer to work the clutch for you. In the M5 the shift are crisp and fast and depending on the settings even brutal. The first time I did a WOT launch in the M I looked in the rearview mirror totally expecting to see my tranny laying in the middle of the road, really it's that brutal. The way the M5 shifts makes it feel as it faster than the V running thru the gears, though I know it's not. In the V, there is to much lag from when you push the paddle to when the shift takes place and even seems to vary in the speed of the shifts. I could break the tires loose in the M through 3rd gear where as in the V, second gear was all I could get. With a little seat time the shifting will probably get better as I learn it. It took a while to learn how to get a smooth shift in the M5 for regular driving. That being said I haven't heard of any problems with the tranny in the V as where in the M the fear of being stranded due to a tranny malfunction was a constant fear. I might have been lucky with my M as the only extra expense I incurred was a software update for $100 and an oil cooler that ran $1200 and between my son and myself the car took an awful beating. Looks, it took a while but I came to give the edge to the V. Interior, I think it's a wash but feel the caddy has to much plastic and cheap leather for a car in this price range. The seats in the V were the base version and with my back problems is a concern. I think BMW has some of the best seats in the business. If I get the V it will have to have the recarro seats. Coming to the cost to maintain the vehicles the V is by far the clear winner from what I've read. So to some it up, they are both great cars for the speed freaks among us, but I'm leaning towards the V mainly due to the costs between the two vehicles and the added problem of finding a BMW dealership with knowledge to work on the M5. Sorry for the long post but hope it was interesting reading. Thanks again for all the helpful input.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin View Post
    Are you referring to getting it CPO'd, if so can you get one up north certified. My Genesis was a CPO, the advantage in having it cpo'd was it made it eligible for the 10/100,00 warranty to be transferred to me. What would be the advantage of having the V certified and what is the cost. They made me bring the V home with me for a couple of days but I think I would go with the used one. Hate taking the hit on depreciation. I will post my comparison on the two tomorrow. Thanks again.
    Let me rephrase:

I am a Cadillac dealer/salesman. I can find you a slightly used one. CPO is available on used Cadillacs from ANY CPO dealer (north, south, east or west)

I was only suggesting that you consider doing business with me due to proximity, you being in Iowa, myself in Missouri.

The quote above ($1200) is approximately dealer cost on the CPO.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin
    Torque and H.P goes to the V, though at speeds above 80 MPH the M5 seems to have better acceleration.
    Given the first part of this, I didn't expect the last comment. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Given the first part of this, I didn't expect the last comment. Interesting.
    I think it has a lot to do with how the cars are geared.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.