Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The Cruze is much better looking than the Cobalt......
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The Cruze is much better looking than the Cobalt...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The Cruze is much better looking than the Cobalt...
    Naw, my VW Jetta Sportwagen is the best looking car ever. I'm thinking about a trip to Fla to get my V, I miss it. I think I'll just bring both cars back and forth between up north and fla every year.
    Attached Images

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    It must be nice to have money to throw away. Will you adopt me??

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Naw, my VW Jetta Sportwagen is the best looking car ever. I'm thinking about a trip to Fla to get my V, I miss it. I think I'll just bring both cars back and forth between up north and fla every year.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    It must be nice to have money to throw away. Will you adopt me??
    Who is the one with money to throw away?

Black etc.

He bought a Jetta wagon to save money on gas with with V when he goes to RI every summer and now he is going to transport both card back and forth. It seems like a lot of extra expense for almost no savings.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    How is buying a $40k more expensive E63 AMG the answer to spending $2k/yr extra on gas for the V due to poor gas mileage?

You'll be driving the AMG 20 years before you've made up the cost difference in fuel.

Which is why I think ETC has money to throw away. He bought 2 brand new cars this year and is talking about the merc.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

We all make our own decisions. No need to hate.

FWIW I still think a second vehicle to "save gas" on the first is just a bad idea. You want two (or three) vehicles with different styles and purposes? No problem - get them and call it what it is: the luxury of variety.

But using fuel efficiency as the motivating reason is just unreasonable in the vast majority of normal-people situations.

I don't hate. I have 3 cars myself.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I can understand another vehicle if the payment and monthly fuel and insurance come out to less than V fuel alone. Say you spend $600/mo in gas for the V. Leasing a Prius for $350 and spending $150/mo in gas is slightly cheaper. But factor in insurance and you should have stayed with the V alone.

If he wants a Merc, go get a Merc. But this business of gas mileage as the reason is silly.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    hey..well he didn't say it needed to be a new car. besides, I think the cruise is much, much uglier than the cobalt I was talking about.
    He said to buy a NEW cobalt....not possible man....I doubt there are any leftover for more than 2 years. While I did appreciate the powertrain and drivetrain of the SS model, the rest of the car sucked.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I can understand another vehicle if the payment and monthly fuel and insurance come out to less than V fuel alone. Say you spend $600/mo in gas for the V. Leasing a Prius for $350 and spending $150/mo in gas is slightly cheaper. But factor in insurance and you should have stayed with the V alone.

If he wants a Merc, go get a Merc. But this business of gas mileage as the reason is silly.
    I agree with you. $600 a month in gas puts you driving 27000 miles a year, at $4/gal and 15mpg. That is way more than most people drive so, higher than premium in most states, and a low mpg for driving that many miles at a presumably highway pace if you are accumulating that kind of mileage per year - definitely a worst case scenario. And even with that, it still does not make sense financially to buy a New high milege car to save money. Get a beater under 5 grand that gets at least high 20's mpg and put all the miles on that for a few years, then it will probably work out financially in the long run.

Now if you just dont want to put that many miles on the V, or subject it to the daily grind and damage/maintanence/upkeep that goes with driving that many miles, that is a separate issue.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Buy what you want. Drive what you want. Just don't whine and complain when you have money to burn.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    He said to buy a NEW cobalt....not possible man....I doubt there are any leftover for more than 2 years. While I did appreciate the powertrain and drivetrain of the SS model, the rest of the car sucked.

----------
    you're right I did say new cobalt but I was saying new, as in new'er than the old cobalt which is not turbocharged but instead supercharged. new cobalt vs. old cobalt

undertaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Black Diamond Sedan

my V and vette are toys, most of the time I'm beating up my TDI jetta to and from work (32k miles in 2 years) if its nasty and snowy the 2500 suburban. If its nice out and I'm in the mood the V or the vette (if I know I won't be sitting in stop in go traffic with a dead leg from a twin disc clutch). I pay 500 a month for the VW and I'm saving 450 a month as compared to the suburban i was using to commute. V gets about 5k a year for milage, suburban 6-7k at this point (just hit 103k, waiting on the new body style and a diesel to replace that since its been trouble free so far). The TDI does have its place as a beater and commuter and is something i'm willing to take to parking lots that actually fits in the spots as compared to the suburban

My name is Steve and I have a problem with too many cars...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.