Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Do what I did - order a 2014 Jeep GC SRT. 470HP, AWD. Oh wait, you wanted BETTER than 18mpg. ...
    sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

Re: Might Have to Sell Vagon for a More Fuel Efficient (But Fast!) DD Vehicle

Do what I did - order a 2014 Jeep GC SRT. 470HP, AWD.

Oh wait, you wanted BETTER than 18mpg. Oops.

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Glad I saw this thread. I have come into a similar situation. I've been recently driving my V sedan 70ish miles everyday and the car is taking a beating. Highway speeds, stupid drivers, trucks and flying debris, parking on busy streets...some asshat smacked into the rear quarter of my car while parked and its now in the shop!

I'm looking at a Volt as a daily commuter. But I dunno, I like power too much.

I just don't want to beat the V up anymore.

(fortunately I have a regular CTS as a loaner and I am enjoying beating it up!)

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Check out a VW TDI, nice cars.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DPL View Post
    Glad I saw this thread. I have come into a similar situation. I've been recently driving my V sedan 70ish miles everyday and the car is taking a beating. Highway speeds, stupid drivers, trucks and flying debris, parking on busy streets...some asshat smacked into the rear quarter of my car while parked and its now in the shop!

I'm looking at a Volt as a daily commuter. But I dunno, I like power too much.

I just don't want to beat the V up anymore.

(fortunately I have a regular CTS as a loaner and I am enjoying beating it up!)
    That is so irritating. Did the person that hit your V stop and provide contact information, or was this a hit and run?

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nah, he totalled his car, couldn't get away

elevated is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am in the same boat.....I have a new 75 mile round trip each day, and the fueling up twice a week is adding up. I get around 17 mpg, which is about 95% highway and little traffic. The other annoying thing is the small gas tank size in our cars.

My solution I'm currently considering: 2012 E63 AMG. The new twin turbo motors get 24mpg highway, and quicker than the previous 2010 n/a motors. The new E63's are monsters and right on par with the CTS-V, if not quicker.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Going to have to hang on to the V for a while, since I'm closing on a house in July, and have to get my current house sold. Besides, I only have 13K miles on the Vagon, and plenty left on the CPO warranty.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

where have you been? They have not made the Cobalt for a couple years. The Cruze replaced it awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    Stick with a gm 4cyl my second car is a Saturn ion redline I know they don't make them any more but you could get your hands on a new turbocharged ss cobalt and that would be fun and get good mileage. The old cobalt and Saturn are supercharged but the new cobalt is a turbo D.I. and has much more output. I average 25 city and 31 hwy, the new ones might be different. They're in the mid-teens for prices. Good luck! Btw I do about 2500 miles per month for work commuting so the V only sees a small fraction of that.

----------

check out the new Cruze turbodiesel coming this next year....realworld 46mpg highway with it. Great car. Keep the wagon.

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon

From an Evo9 to V10 M5 to V8 M3 the main issue was unnecessary wear and tear - as noted above - going to shopping venues and such. Most on this forum have spent $50-$70K on V purchases so fuel costs are secondary issues for most. As automotive enthusiasts the desire for less than ordinary rides trump 'financials'. There is no easy out here. Maybe add a Jetta wagon as many are suggesting or if awd is needed perhaps Subaru STi wagon deserves mention - though smaller than CTS.

I'mAllIn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

WRX STi, 5 door hatch. We had a 2010. Great car, snow friendly, good space and utility and a blast to drive.

lilred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2012 CTS-V

Tesla Model S :P

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

To the poster that was talking about the 2012 E63 AMG, might want to wait until the 2014 comes out, it will be AWD and 0 to 60 in 3.4 seconds, quite the car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    And uglier.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    I am in the same boat.....I have a new 75 mile round trip each day, and the fueling up twice a week is adding up. I get around 17 mpg, which is about 95% highway and little traffic. The other annoying thing is the small gas tank size in our cars.

My solution I'm currently considering: 2012 E63 AMG. The new twin turbo motors get 24mpg highway, and quicker than the previous 2010 n/a motors. The new E63's are monsters and right on par with the CTS-V, if not quicker.
    Please tell me your considering the Benz because it's a nice car, and not because of this brain fart..

Let me get you in on a little secret regardless;

EPA testing is a 40 year old rigged joke.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    where have you been? They have not made the Cobalt for a couple years. The Cruze replaced it awhile ago.
    hey..well he didn't say it needed to be a new car. besides, I think the cruise is much, much uglier than the cobalt I was talking about.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.