Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; There have been multiple threads on this forum over the five years of 2G V production asking about production numbers. ...
    neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers

There have been multiple threads on this forum over the five years of 2G V production asking about production numbers. GM has not been in any hurry to release them.

However, with production coming to a close afer some number made for the 2014 model year, many of us are becoming more curious. For example, I am interested in how many 6MT V wagons were made overall, broken down by year and color, given this is the V model that will be most collectible in the future. Aside: Of course, I daily drive mine so mine will be "driver quality" in 20 years at auction....I didn't buy it to LOOK at it, or as an investment, after all!

It would be great if someone with actual pull at GM or Cadillac could "do a solid" for the V community to find this information out....that is, if it doesn't take "enhanced interrogation techniques" to get it. We have been asking for years for this information, but I think the V community should start to put some real effort into this, especially with production closing out pretty soon.

I'm thinking of cross-posting this on the Corvette boards as they seem to have production information in spades over there, and writing my GM district rep.

I fail to understand why V production numbers are such a state secret. C'mon, GM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers

I doubt we'll get quite that level of breakdown, but I'd at least like to see the same kind of breakdown that Corvette gets. They list total production of each model and total production of each option at the end of each model year. Heck, even such a breakdown over the generation's run would be interesting.

That wouldn't tell us how many manual V wagons there are, or how many mocha CTS4 coupes, but we'd have a much better idea of what's what than today's guessing.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Agreed.

Perhaps a phonecall to someone at corporate could - at the least - get us unofficial numbers. The info is out there, I just don't know why it isn't released?

Tgonyaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 VAGON

I agree with the 2 previous posts. The vette numbers were printed every year in the BLACK BOOK. I was told a couple of years ago that book will not be printed because all the numbers are on-line now. I would enjoy what ever break down could be printed for the CTS-V.

Thanks for the replies.

Even basic information about how may V sedans, wagons, and coupes were made would be welcome.

In my dream world, I would know exactly how many 2013 OBM 6MT V wagons with roof were produced, and my sequence number in that list. However, I know I'll likely never see that level of detail.

What I can say is that the 2G V (and probably the 1G V too, more so) is a singular vehicle in American cardom. There will likely never be another quite like it and I'm happy to have owned not one, but two.

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I hope we get some progress on this.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I have said this before and am saying it again now...good luck getting this info out of GM. They have never released concrete numbers on the V series line.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Even basic information about how may V sedans, wagons, and coupes were made would be welcome.

In my dream world, I would know exactly how many 2013 OBM 6MT V wagons with roof were produced, and my sequence number in that list. However, I know I'll likely never see that level of detail.

What I can say is that the 2G V (and probably the 1G V too, more so) is a singular vehicle in American cardom. There will likely never be another quite like it and I'm happy to have owned not one, but two.
    This level of detail certainly should be possible. Tools like Compnine offer it for every other GM car out there. You can punch in the VIN on a 1997 Buick and find how many were made with your color, interior, trim, and pinstripe in the same production week. There is no reason why the same cannot be done for the V-series.

As others have indicated, GM has the information, why is it such a secret?

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    I have said this before and am saying it again now...good luck getting this info out of GM. They have never released concrete numbers on the V series line.
    Yup, typically mixed in with CTS numbers overall...

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Yup, typically mixed in with CTS numbers overall...
    A few years ago when I worked there I had the numbers, the exact numbers. I posted them and removed them after I was contacted by marketing. Knowing these numbers is essentially a competitive advantage, it can tell competitors how much effort they need to put into providing a match for the CTSV and also whether this market for High Performance sedans is expanding or contracting. Essentially in the smaller niche vehicle markets I was told the numbers are an important part of the business case. I wouldn't expect to see anyone put them up even though LGR plant knows them exactly, and every model and option break down.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Thank you, MReiland. That's an excellent point. If only a Cadillac rep had told us that, we might have saved a lot of grumbling. Okay, probably not, but it'd be nice anyway.

I would hope that, perhaps ten years hence, Cadillac could cough up the details for this generation, so that we might better preserve the Cadillac legacy.

In the meantime we should all consider ourselves part of the Cadillac Mystique.

.Jinx
    my part is pending

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V
    I see it as the less I know about it the more valuable my V becomes to me. The mystery is helping with resale IMO, and if I had to guess I would say from 09-14 they will have made 556 manual Vagons (1241 in auto). 2612 total coupes, and 3159 total sedans. I should get a prize if I'm close. If I had to guess about my guesses I would say I over estimated by ~100.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by MReiland View Post
    A few years ago when I worked there I had the numbers, the exact numbers. I posted them and removed them after I was contacted by marketing. Knowing these numbers is essentially a competitive advantage, it can tell competitors how much effort they need to put into providing a match for the CTSV and also whether this market for High Performance sedans is expanding or contracting. Essentially in the smaller niche vehicle markets I was told the numbers are an important part of the business case. I wouldn't expect to see anyone put them up even though LGR plant knows them exactly, and every model and option break down.
    Have I told you that you are the man lately, Matt? Because you are. Thank you for that information, even though it's not exactly good news for the cause.

The gist is, it really IS a "state secret". I'm sure that at some point after production is done for the V2 and competition matters less, some of the information will be released officially. Either that, or when Compnine finally places 2013 Cadillacs in its database, I'll get some information at least, about 2013s. In any case, I hope GM sees that its V customers at least want the information (just like Corvette owners do) and maybe they'll change their mind.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Interesting conversation, I was able to find out from the Corvette Museum that my 2007 AO Z06 was 1 of 55 that was produced with the COMP Grey wheels that were optional in 07.

Guess GM isn't interest in keeping Corvette production facts - secret.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtjjg40mVo

This video from MotorTrend suggests that only 447 CTSV Wagons were made "over a two year period" (I suspect 2010/2011). Given the first few years of a given model are typically the highest volume... it makes me suspect there will be less than 1500 in total Wagon production. I did not infer from the video that they were speaking specifically of manual V wagons - just all V Wagons produced (so manuals would be a fraction of that?). This number also happens to be pretty close to other metrics I've seen: ie Wagons are ~10-15% of total V production (<4K units a year), or <500 Wagons per year depending on your assumptions.

In either case, I think it's a safe bet to say there are going to be well under 2,000 total V wagons ever made for the US market given what we currently know. Manual wagons should be a rare bird indeed, regardless of color.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.