Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I bet the V% of wagons is higher, and the stick% of Vwagons is higher too, in the twilight of ...
    Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Anyone here have pull at Cadillac? We want REAL production numbers

I bet the V% of wagons is higher, and the stick% of Vwagons is higher too, in the twilight of production than in the beginning. Enthusiast nutjobs see the window closing and step up to get one before they're gone.

Or maybe I'm wrong and there really are just dozens of us.

I just think back to the ubiquity of the Vwagon on enthusiast blogs and I want to believe that more than a couple thousand people took action.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I bet the V% of wagons is higher, and the stick% of Vwagons is higher too, in the twilight of production than in the beginning. Enthusiast nutjobs see the window closing and step up to get one before they're gone.

Or maybe I'm wrong and there really are just dozens of us.

I just think back to the ubiquity of the Vwagon on enthusiast blogs and I want to believe that more than a couple thousand people took action.
    Just like with the CorvetteForum (where EVERY car is going to have a roof that comes off, engines that explode, differentials that whine and 75% of the owners are semipro drivers) - these enthusiast forums really do represent a fractional minority of the Cadillac and V-owner majority. After all, if you looked at these forum(s), 70% of all V's would be heavily modded and 50% of production would be manual transmissions.

That's just not the case. In reality, the VAST majority of the Cadillac V owners never post on a forum (nor do they mod their cars). I've also noticed how many manual wagons there are, and how many Opulent Blue cars are posted up here as examples... the statistics that we know just don't match up.

As an example:
    Total Production of the CTS-V for the 2009 model year was approximately 3,500 out of approximately 59,716 CTS model production.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_CTS-V

Interestingly, Cadillac was GM's fastest growing brand in the first quarter of 2013 - but overall CTS (including V) sales are down 43% annually relative to 04/2012! Cadillac overall shows growth - in the new models that came out over the past 1-2 years. (Even Corvette is down 30% year over year for the outgoing model - and their sales have slumped tremendously since the Recession in `08. The Z06 and ZR1 - most comparable to the CTSV's - are practically half the volume of early model sales!).

http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Medi...s-Apr-2013.pdf

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

What statistics do we know that don't match up? I'm talking about model/options mix changing toward the platform's twilight. There aren't any stats against that, because there aren't any stats -- that's why this thread exists. Do you think it's unreasonable to suggest that the performance fanatics / true believers / brand loyalists represent an increasing portion of dwindling late-cycle sales? Especially for products whose next-generation future is a big question-mark, i.e. you don't have a lot of wagon fans sitting on their money waiting for the new improved next-gen version.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I think it we very interesting to see how the introduction of the Coupe and Wagon affected the mix. I have a feeling that at least for 2011, there were at least as many coupes as sedans. Maybe it has since equalized, but I bet the numbers are close. The Vagon is still a peculiarity to the few nutjobs who are willing/able to jump in and buy it (myself included). However, I think we can glean some facts from the 2009 info that IS public. There's a very informative thread on the forum with a color/feature breakdown of the 2009 V's. About 15% had manuals and just over 50% had Recaros. It seems reasonable, at least to me, to think that those figures should carry across all years. At least for the Vagon guys it should be pretty easy to put together a 1 of 1 combination, even without knowing exact figures.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I am one of those V wagon nutjobs right along with you , and I was also one of those who saw the window of opportunity to drive/own one closing, so I jumped. I am we'll aware of the 2009 numbers, which were released after a forum member here asked Cadillac. I am also aware of the Motor Trend interview. I want official numbers.

Again, maybe Cadillac will change its mind eventually and make this info not so secret.

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    I see it as the less I know about it the more valuable my V becomes to me. The mystery is helping with resale IMO, and if I had to guess I would say from 09-14 they will have made 556 manual Vagons (1241 in auto). 2612 total coupes, and 3159 total sedans. I should get a prize if I'm close. If I had to guess about my guesses I would say I over estimated by ~100.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    This. I would like to think that as the years pass if (and when) a V might be some variation of a collectible that this secrecy could be to its advantage.

Mine being an early '09 production I plan on keeping it. You never know.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Minor data point, but at the V8 Supercar race this weekend at COTA in Austin, the World Challenge CTS-V race cars were running and Cadillac had a promotional deal for a great price for a Cadillac V-series tent with food/drink, awesome covered seating right at the top of the hill at Turn 1. They also had special parking for V-series Cadillacs only. From what I could see there was around a hundred V cars there all parked together. Probably 80% of them were Gen 2 CTS-V rides. I'm sure some pictures will be posted soon.

In short, the 2nd gen CTS-V has been a good seller for GM.
    GMX322V S/C and GMX322V S/C like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.