V for a Vette good or bad idea?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Chrispy
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V for a Vette good or bad idea? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey Guys I need some opinions, I have a 2012 Cadi cts v Sedan Auto. I purchased brand new. This ...
    Jdani is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts- v

V for a Vette good or bad idea?

Hey Guys I need some opinions, I have a 2012 Cadi cts v Sedan Auto. I purchased brand new. This is not a daily driver anymore I bought an Suv for everyday. Anyway I was thinking to order a new Stingray and trade in the V. I just feel first of all I wish my car was Manual and second why do I need a sedan. I never owned a Vette because I never like 2 doors or 2 seats so that might be an issue. I also like the Cadi when we go out at night and special occasions because after all its still a Cadi. So these are my Questions if you can give me your thoughts it would be great. And if I decide to keep the cadi its not the end of the world because im going to get crushed on a trade.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Two different animals for two different occasions but both equally impressive in their disciplines. You can't go wrong with either choice. It's really up to you (without sounding obvious).

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Re: V for a Vette good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Two different animals for two different occasions but both equally impressive in their disciplines. You can't go wrong with either choice. It's really up to you (without sounding obvious).
    Having owned both I couldn't agree more with Trapspeed's response. It's all about your needs. But the new Sting Ray sure sounds killer.

nynd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 M5. SOLD:11 BD CTS-V, 6M, Loaded - SOLD:09 CTS-V (Auto)

If you've never owned one and can get a good trade in on your 2012, makes sense to try. The manual will definitely give you more excitment while
    driving and the vette is a totally different animal. Sounds like your second car is a fun toy, so whats more "fun" than a Stingray.. .especially with the improved interior (which in my opinion was the biggest lacking feature).

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Go for it and tell us how you like the TR6070. I hope it becomes available in the V's.

Jud
    Jud

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Me i would wait. The ray is hot right now but will it still be hot like a v a few years down the road. They ray will be hot till the new zo6 comes out then you will want that. The v just has that good car feel even after it has passed the its hot now time.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by USAFRET View Post
    Having owned both I couldn't agree more with Trapspeed's response. It's all about your needs. But the new Sting Ray sure sounds killer.
    agrees.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

You could get a 2013 Corvette from dealer stock for dirt cheap. It'll still look like an exotic machine parked next to almost anything else. It's still banzai fast and changes direction like a college tailback. And it gets way better gas mileage than you're used to.

If the old Corvette doesn't pique your interest, I predict you will tire of the new one quickly. The doors are long, you sit way down low, and forget ever driving to dinner with friends. (Aside from those limitations the car is pretty damn practical.)

OTOH, the new-generation Corvette is going to check more leading-edge-cool boxes than anything else in the GM stable until the next new-generation Corvette. Buying the first-year Corvette is like having the latest iPhone in the first week or having the slickest new portable computing device in the office. If that appeals to you even more than raw horsepower or particular lap times or practicality, now's the time to scratch your itch.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I agree with all. Turning heads fun driving and raw HP is why I bought my M6 coupe. I still get questions on what it is. Still people out there that don't know what Cadillac has built. Personally I like the back seat capability occasionally. Always wanted a vette. But was not fond of the ride quality for daily driving. I here thats changed though. Recently i took 3 british nationals for a ride who had never heard of the car and still thought there was nothing that could touch a BMW M5. I change their minds. Especially when we discussed difference in price. I think at least one of them may take a V home just to be different.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

I would stay with the CTS-V. I just replaced my 06 C6/A6 with a 2012 CTS-V A6 sedan like yours. It's a fabulous all around daily/occasional driver. My other daily/occasional driver is a 2010 GS 6 spd manual coupe/ LPE Maggie supercharger. If I had to choose just one, even for occasional use, it would be the CTS-V. A manual is fun, but when fun is over, it can become a chore. But that's just me. A vette with a stick is fun, especially if it's supercharged, so you can't go wrong, whichever way you go.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I'd buy a used ZR1 before the C7 but that's just me
    blksnk, blksnk, HUGN*RDS and 1 others like this.

phatman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Coming from owing (3) Vets, it's hard to compare a car you drive now, to a new car that is not available yet. Vets have a certain style about them and they are just nice! My V is very low key. If you are not a car guy, people don't know what type of car it is. The Vet commands attention where ever you park it. I can only imagine what the C7 will do. I sat wait for the next year. GM has a habit of changing horsepower the next year or two: 01 Z 385, 02-03Z, 405, 04 GTO LS1, 05-06 GTO 400 hp LS2 etc.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

C5 Corvette had the same horsepower for four years, then got 5 more.
    C6 Corvette had the same horsepower for three years, then got 36 more.
    Don't bet on the second- or even third-model-year Stingray getting extra power. GM Powertrain will be busy with other engines, like the C7 Z06/ZR1 and the next CTS-V.

stogieman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

You are right about getting crushed on the trade in..You and I both know that there is no dealing on a first year model,,you may even have to pay a dealer mark up...

Jerry in Minnesota.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.