First long drive in the V was great!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First long drive in the V was great! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I did a 1200 mile round trip this weekend for mothers day, combination of highway, interstate, and two lane country ...
    DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

First long drive in the V was great!

I did a 1200 mile round trip this weekend for mothers day, combination of highway, interstate, and two lane country roads. I played with the suspension, the Recaro seats, the competition mode and had a great time. I was cruising I-79 at an easy 100 for a while and she still pulled in 6 th gear! Then some backroads on RT-33 across the mountains and meadows for a great trip. I recommend all V owners take a long drive in their V at some point, but get off the interstate and try the two lane country roads and byways.
    Kyle_B and Kyle_B like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: First long drive in the V was great!

Did the same (only about 400 miles though). Car was brand new last week, so I quadrupled the total mileage on the car - it's like I could see the depreciation clicking off with every mile!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    1200 miles? That's not so bad, I guess. That's more like a healthy day, to me...

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

It's true...

I've done Calgary -> Vernon -> Kelowna -> Vancouver -> Calgary last summer. Beautiful drive.

Once you get the Recaro's config'd the way you want it feels amazing. Vehicle performs great for both cruisin and "spirited" driving!

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm probably going to take a trip up the 1 sometime from socal to nor nor cal

Q80
    Q80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Coupe 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LT

Thats something we're lacking in Kuwait, the back roads! I am truly jealous sir

veloce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Did 1900 mi. trip from Denver to Phoenix and back in April with my wife and it was great. Ran 80 to 85 most of the way with 20 mpg ( to be expected ). My wife found the car very comfortable with no excitement passes around 4 cars and a semi in the mountains. My 13 CTS-V Coupe is a big step up from my 04 which I loved and put 153,000 mi on. Jeff

DCV

Carving turns at 100 or a bit more (no other traffic present) in the V was super fun, and relaxing. My previous car was a Nismo Z that was a great turn carver with all the down force but just lacked the balls to get up and really get going. I had to remind myself to back off some and that the V is a sports sedan, not a sports car. The V easily could slaughter the Nismo is most cases, except for the tighter stuff at high speed. Temps were not optimal either, as it was only just about 50 or so. I may take a run up to and around Gettysburg this weekend as thee are some great roads that run along the ridges and across the mountains up that way.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    DCV - What roads would you recommend? I like getting away from the crowded, pothole filled highways.
    Thanks, John

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    I'm planning on doing the whole Hot Rod Power Tour at the end of the month in my 11 V wagon. I'll be leaving Ohio to head to TX to NC and back home in a week. It'll be a long week but worth it.

DCV

DCV - What roads would you recommend? I like getting away from the crowded, pothole filled highways.
    I go to google earth and look for two lane roads that go across or parallel the east coast mountain ridges back around here. I stay away from the published roads due to cops, squids on bikes, and ricers with fart pipes. So I avoid the dragon and roads like that. A really great road is RT-33 from Harrisburgh in Va all the way to Elkins wv. Great road, good pavement, not much traffic. Then rt-20 or RT-60 in Wv and lots others all tucked away in the mountains. On my next drive I'll get a go pro camera and take videos.

----------

I go to google earth and look for two lane roads that go across or parallel the east coast mountain ridges back around here. I stay away from the published roads due to cops, squids on bikes, and ricers with fart pipes. So I avoid the dragon and roads like that. A really great road is RT-33 from Harrisburgh in Va all the way to Elkins wv. Great road, good pavement, not much traffic. Then rt-20 or RT-60 in Wv and lots others all tucked away in the mountains. On my next drive I'll get a go pro camera and take videos.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Do you ever use Google earth?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    DCV, Thanks for the info!

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The V is amazing at 110 MPH on a wide open highway. It feels perfectly safe, 100% stable. and you can just cruise and cruise very comfortable. My biggest fear is hand cuffs.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur
    The V is amazing at 110 MPH on a wide open highway. It feels perfectly safe, 100% stable. and you can just cruise and cruise very comfortable. My biggest fear is hand cuffs.
    It's even stable at higher speeds. Other cars should be so lucky. What is great is the effortless performance at any speed. I guess that's the Cadillac characteristic and it's appreciated on long trips.

Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.