spare tire ideas
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, spare tire ideas in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; has anyone tried to put a stock tire or winter tire as a spare in the holding area of the ...
    JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

spare tire ideas

has anyone tried to put a stock tire or winter tire as a spare in the holding area of the V? i have the wagon and it looks like the stock plastic spare tire tub is too small to fit a V tire. But it also looks like the tub could be removed without too much trouble, and then any tire could be mounted underneath the rear floor panel. anyone tried this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: spare tire ideas

Here's my wagon. I didn't have to mod my tire storage area at all. I have a thin layer of foam at the bottom to keep the spare wheel from scratching. With the wheel face down, there is room for the stock subwoofer. HTH.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

is that a standard V wheel and tire or is it a special spare tire you are using? i was thinking of throwing a winter wheel/tire in the space during the summer months

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

See link in post #2. That's what I use. I purchased setup at Eurotek, but you can also make your own spare from GM parts and a spacer as described later in the linked thread.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

I went with buying the spare tire kit from GM, and the spacer from the company listed in the thread. I think it came to around $450 or so if I remember correctly. Around half as much as the Eurotek kit for the same thing really.

I dont think you are going to fit a stock size tire there, unless you dont care if the floor above it does not lay flat.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The spacer everyone uses sucks. It's not hub centric. If it weren't for temporary use, I'd sent it back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.