Cadillac Owners Forum banner

100% stock getting popping on decel

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  GMX322V S/C 
#1 ·
Why is this happening ?

----------

One more thing lately the exhaust sounds much deaper since I got the car last month only has 700 miles on it is this normal?

#4 ·
it's rich (unburnt fuel) for some reason. Could be faltering ignition allowing cylinders to not burn properly, it could (more likely) be a sensor going bad, causing the ECM to otherwise do weird things, or it could be an exhaust leak throwing off O2 sensors - again resulting in excess fuel that's being burned off in the exhaust. A lot of people get it from exhaust mods where the tune is not adjusted - they think it sounds cool. In a factory car, it suggests again excess fuel for whatever reason.

In either case, it will eventually cause your catalytic converters to die young.

I'd have the dealer hook up a scan tool and see what pops up.

#7 ·
Popping is bad?

Both my 12 and my 13 V did this... My 13V is doing it more then the 12...

My 13 V does it every time I change gears, and does it plenty on deceleration.

I know nothing about cars, but I didn't think it was bad? I kinda thought the sound was ****ing awesome and a bit bad ass :)

And actually, I noticed that if I have a bit of fun with the vehicle (drive "spirited" for a bit), afterwards it does it lots when going back to driving normally.

Running 92 gas at altitude of 1,000 meters

----------

And just to add...

It's the pop that people hear that cause the initial heads to turn to see what's making the sound. Then the grin/smile/raised eyebrows when they see the car ;)

#19 ·
I grew weary of it after 3.5 years (Corsa Touring + other mods). Charlie at RPM Motors (Santa Clarita, CA) tuned it right out, in one shot. Picked up 10 RWHP to boot :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.