Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Please help car feels very slow

15K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  nunii 
#1 · (Edited)
Update! Please help car feels very slow...

It's a brand new 2013 sedan 6 speed got it last month, when I first got it it was a missile it would rip the tires from a 2 gear roll. now it feels like it needs a second to start moving almost like a delay no more rip from second gear ...... Maybe the weather but its not very warm,

----------

The supercharger gauge goes to same lbs as before

#6 ·
On second tank of gas as for nds all I'm doing is punching the gas pedal from 4k in second gear
Car is a lease I will be getting a CIA as for pulley will it void the warranty ?

----------

If its the boost valve sticking would I still be getting regular boost about 9-10 lbs

#8 ·
My recommendation was to get it to a dyno just to get a good 3 run pull, not an expensive dyno tune. You just want to see how it's running on the dyno, but if your engine is new, you may want to wait until the engine is broken in before running it on the dyno or making the self determination that the car isn't running right.

How many miles are on the car?

#10 ·
Kind of sounds like you got use to the power and are ready for mods. When I first got the car it was the fastest car in the world. After a few weeks it felt kind of slow. Did mods and it was like a brand new car, till I got bored again. I'm on my stage two of mods and I am very happy again. Modifying cars is an addiction. Get help or get a better paying job. This is just my opinion. All this talk about doing mods has me itching to order some more go fast goodies. On another note maybe look at your boost bypass might be leaking boost, Maybe your TB is sluggish. Try disconnected the battery and look to see any improvement after you reconnect after 20min.

#11 ·
You need to find the problem, if there is one, before adding modifications. Have you tried the dealer yet or run some stop watch test of your own? It took me a long time to get used to the power, and it still feels as fast as ever.

#12 ·
This.

I can't believe people are saying "throw parts at it!" for a brand new `13 sedan with full warranty coverage! That's insane.

OP, make sure you run out the existing gas and fill up with name-brand, premium next time. Wait for a relatively cool day to make sure heat soak isn't an issue, and then stomp on it again like you're used to.

IF you feel the car is still sluggish, I would take it back to the dealer and have them check for any codes with a scan tool; but more likely than not you either just had low octane gas or are not pushing the pedal down all the way. The odds of there being a serious problem have to be pretty slow, but this is the internet and anything can happen.

Please think about modding the car before you jump in feet first and toss away your 5 years of powertrain warranty.

#17 ·
Are you sure your sensation of speed wasn't just the tires squealing? And now that the tires aren't brand-new they actually grip? ;)

I'm sure if you take it to the dealer with complaints that it's slow, the dealer techs will be happy to rip off some 0-60 and quarter-mile times to prove it's normal.

Perhaps you could compare your 30-50 and 50-70 acceleration times with Car & Driver's (posted on their road test test sheets). The latter is an "in top gear" number that should eliminate any shift-speed variables.

#18 · (Edited)
This is why I'm glad I never buy used sports cars. I mean this car is practically brand new and there are already admitted tire shredding sessions...how bout properly breaking in the car as per owner's manual. 1500 miles keeping it under 4k RPM. This is what makes the CTS-V so special, it can be a silky smooth cruiser and also a bone crushing hot rod, but if all you do is slam the pedal every time you get in the car, of course it's going to "feel slow." Just like a 5 year old that get's a new toy, eventually (less than 1 week) it ends up under the bed forgotten. If you want a race car, then buy one and drive it once a week at a closed circuit track/drag strip. I would doubt that there is any wrong with the car, I could be wrong. I even feel that way sometimes when I drive my wagon, then I lay off of it for a couple of drives, only to feel like it's a rocket again after a few days. We're fickle by nature, just cruise it for a week and "reset" your view/sensation of speed....or drop 5-6k on mods only to have it happen all over again...still loving my vagon

#34 ·
Do you think a new V isn't beaten to hell before you take delivery??? Think again, I used to work at a car dealer. The new car tech, & the waxer detailer, the car carrier driver, and the salesmen. They all drive your car before you take delivery. What do you think happens to it :)

#19 ·
Could be all of the above !maybe I'm just used too it .I'm thinking its the crapy weather high humidity! usually I baby my cars but since its a lease might as well have fun .....plus I asked the salesman about break in procedure he said there is none !

----------

Got into a very bad accident as a teen crashed my 3000gt into a brick wall doing 70 ..... Don't think I have the balls too gun it for a 1/4 mile

#24 ·
What's your location? Maybe you could meet up with a fellow forum member and have him ride along. Hell if your anywhere near Miami I would be more than happy to gun it for a quarter mile for you! For diagnostic testing only of course. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you are seeing a CEL light. Please ignore the other members on taking the car to the dealer and complain about sluggishness. You will be in the waiting room while the tech and service manager rip your car up and down the street only to hand you back your keys telling you that you might need tires soon. Also the electronic throttle body tends to feel sluggish compared to a cable activated TB. A tune really wakes these cars up and helps clean up a lot of the factory quirks that don't allow you to take full advantage of the potential these cars have. Like mentioned before if you don't want to mess with the warranty park it in the garage and drive it every couple months. :cookoo:

#26 ·
There has been reported issues with newer cars not having the heat exchanger full of fluid, subsequently causing the IAT2 temp to go up and thus causing he computer to pull timing. Look inside the cheesy fill reservoir towards the back of the firewall; passenger side. Do you see fluid, continuously? Where do you live? Reach out to someone local who knows the cars as has been previously stated. With respect to the dealers, they don't know that much about these cars. If it doesn't throw a code, hey wont be able to help you.

I also like the idea of making sure you have good fuel AND disconnect the battery (if all else fails) for 15 minutes and let things reset.

Good luck

Steve

#28 ·
The short answer is yes...It will. Your dealer however and your mods can help dictate whether it is or not. The dealers have been told that on ANY CTS V drivetrain warranty issues, they are to pull the TCM/ECM tunes.

That being said, even after that was done, the engineers at Cadillac warrantied my rear diff. Count on them NOT warranting any issues.

#29 ·
Update........ Pulled the battery last night let me tell you something it was hotter today but the car is significantly faster to the point that I can tell you in 100% certainty that it was not only in my mind ! So now to find out what caused this to happen does anyone have an idea? One more thing that I find strange I'm getting some poping from the stock mufflers on deceleration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.