Please help car feels very slow - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Please help car feels very slow in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by nunii ...plus I asked the salesman about break in procedure he said there is none !... I ...
    GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Re: Please help car feels very slow

Quote Originally Posted by nunii View Post
    ...plus I asked the salesman about break in procedure he said there is none !...
    I recall this being discussed in the forum when the car first came out. It's true, no formal break-in procedure appears in (at least the early versions of) the manual. At the time, all LSAs were broken in at the factory, so the engine was good to go from mile 1 (I have no reason to believe this still isn't true)--however, this didn't mean the rest of the drivetrain was broken-in as well. So it seems prudent to take it easy for the first several hundred miles to break-in the tranny and differential and bed in the brake pads and so forth (I know you're leasing, but just sayin').

BTW, whenever you disconnect the battery, you might want to reset the TPS (that procedure is in the manual )

nunii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ctsv

[QUOTE=Stop&Turnfreak;3330834]Take the car to the dealer, I bought a used 09, and it felt really sluggish compared to some others I had ridden in, and thankfully, it had a full warranty. The car was retuned at the dealer, and has run great ever since. I may still modd it, as my warranty days are numbered, but for now, I am very happy with the car. More than likely, you are just getting used to the car. Take a break, drive another car for a week or two, and then get back in, I promise you will find your missing performance.[/QUOTE what was wrong with the car?

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

One other possible cause of a loss of performance has been (over the past few years) a boost bypass valve that isn't closing all the way and bleeding off boost. You could tell by your boost gauge reading less than it did at WOT when things were working like you expected. This however would not have fixed itself with disconnecting the battery so it definately could have been the fuel map.

nunii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ctsv

Well the car feels like crap again this time it just might be the 80 degrees weather .....I don't remember my vette feeling so much slower in hot weather!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.