Please help car feels very slow - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Please help car feels very slow in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It could very well be weather conditions. On a hot day, at the track I would trap 112mph... on a ...
    sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

Re: Please help car feels very slow

It could very well be weather conditions. On a hot day, at the track I would trap 112mph... on a cool day, I would trap 119mph. That's a huge difference, and enough to really feel on the street.

nunii is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by sybersport View Post
    It could very well be weather conditions. On a hot day, at the track I would trap 112mph... on a cool day, I would trap 119mph. That's a huge difference, and enough to really feel on the street.
    what I was saying is yesterday was colder and today was hotter yet today is was much faster!

KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing
    Time to mod your way to 250 extra rwhp, you'll feel that..

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Belairlover View Post
    This is why I'm glad I never buy used sports cars. I mean this car is practically brand new and there are already admitted tire shredding sessions...how bout properly breaking in the car as per owner's manual. 1500 miles keeping it under 4k RPM. This is what makes the CTS-V so special, it can be a silky smooth cruiser and also a bone crushing hot rod, but if all you do is slam the pedal every time you get in the car, of course it's going to "feel slow." Just like a 5 year old that get's a new toy, eventually (less than 1 week) it ends up under the bed forgotten. If you want a race car, then buy one and drive it once a week at a closed circuit track/drag strip. I would doubt that there is any wrong with the car, I could be wrong. I even feel that way sometimes when I drive my wagon, then I lay off of it for a couple of drives, only to feel like it's a rocket again after a few days. We're fickle by nature, just cruise it for a week and "reset" your view/sensation of speed....or drop 5-6k on mods only to have it happen all over again...still loving my vagon
    Do you think a new V isn't beaten to hell before you take delivery??? Think again, I used to work at a car dealer. The new car tech, & the waxer detailer, the car carrier driver, and the salesmen. They all drive your car before you take delivery. What do you think happens to it

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Do you think a new V isn't beaten to hell before you take delivery??? Think again, I used to work at a car dealer. The new car tech, & the waxer detailer, the car carrier driver, and the salesmen. They all drive your car before you take delivery. What do you think happens to it
    Yup, my brand new wagon inexplicably had 26 miles on it at delivery. Someone took it for an unauthorized test drive for sure. I chose not to make a huge stink over it, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, especially since my last V had 8 miles on it--4 from my test drive prior to delivery.

Hey nunii, did you fuel up yesterday? I am liking the bad fuel theory.

Belairlover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Vagon, 6M, Roof, Build Date 2/2013

3 miles on odo upon delivery, I shutter to think of what the poor car went through...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Yes, because 20 miles of "no one will know" hooliganism is exactly the same as 20,000 miles of "I *own* this!" hooliganism.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Yup, my brand new wagon inexplicably had 26 miles on it at delivery. Someone took it for an unauthorized test drive for sure. I chose not to make a huge stink over it, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth, especially since my last V had 8 miles on it--4 from my test drive prior to delivery.
    In Corvette land, random cars off the end of the line get a more thorough inspection which includes a shakedown cruise. Is it possible the same thing happens at the Cadillac plant?

Every Corvette motor is ran for 20 minutes at WOT before being planted in a Corvette. Do you think there is such a thing as properly breaking in a motor ??
    Havasusteve and Havasusteve like this.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    In Corvette land, random cars off the end of the line get a more thorough inspection which includes a shakedown cruise. Is it possible the same thing happens at the Cadillac plant?
    That could also be the case. Would be nice to know for sure, but I've long since moved on from that and chosen not to make a stink over it.

the blur, I understand that our engines also are run at the factory for quality control. As far as the break-in argument goes, though, I'm not a powertrain engineer so I'm not qualified to comment. As an end user, I just follow the break-in instructions to keep warranty intact. Besides, the first 1500 miles went really quickly with both Vs I've owned, and now I'm enjoying the occasional shift at 5500.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    That could also be the case. Would be nice to know for sure, but I've long since moved on from that and chosen not to make a stink over it.

the blur, I understand that our engines also are run at the factory for quality control. As far as the break-in argument goes, though, I'm not a powertrain engineer so I'm not qualified to comment. As an end user, I just follow the break-in instructions to keep warranty intact. Besides, the first 1500 miles went really quickly with both Vs I've owned, and now I'm enjoying the occasional shift at 5500.
    You can do every shift at red line. The motor is not falling apart. I ran 200 track miles on a road course, and drove the car 300 miles home last weekend. My Corvette, I did 10,000 track miles. The new owner is still driving it daily. The trick to longevity, is to keep it stock, and leave the GM factory tune, which is very conservative. They are engineered to handle it, otherwise GM would be putting in new motors every week.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

You need to get some factual data first, before we keep "cyber analyzing" it. Seat of the pants is completely worthless. Ask the guys that used to flip the air cleaner around on Quadrajet carb equipped cars.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I ate raw cookie dough and nothing bad ever happened to me.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

i have a bellybutton.

Stop&Turnfreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Take the car to the dealer, I bought a used 09, and it felt really sluggish compared to some others I had ridden in, and thankfully, it had a full warranty. The car was retuned at the dealer, and has run great ever since. I may still modd it, as my warranty days are numbered, but for now, I am very happy with the car. More than likely, you are just getting used to the car. Take a break, drive another car for a week or two, and then get back in, I promise you will find your missing performance.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Sounds like it might be regular fuel even if you put super in the car, a lot of owners of stations cheat and put regular in the super tanks, most of the time super is at least 30 cents a gallon more, think about it, the wholesale price they pay might be 20 cents but still if your selling 30000 gallons a month of super thats an extra 6 grand the owner picks up every month by doing this. I'd get your gas at a good brand name station and then see how the car runs. Don't beat on the car too much though because especially the rear ends do require a break in, otherwise your going to end up with a whining noise permanently if you abuse the car too much within the first 1000 miles or so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.