V s in the shop :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V s in the shop :( in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Had it in two weeks ago cause the nav would not understand voice commands, and the electronic wizard that does ...
    Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

V s in the shop :(

Had it in two weeks ago cause the nav would not understand voice commands, and the electronic wizard that does all the nav work for dealers in S.Ontario couldn t make it work either,so they ordered a new one, and while it was in i asked them to check the front end,the squeaking was drivning me nut,everytime you went over a small bumb or put the brakes on coming to a stop, era era era like wth, and shop guy says it is common for the bushings go and make that noise,so they ordered new bushings, never heard of anyone on here having to replace bushings in 25k miles. But everything is in and says he will have it back to me in a day. Nice thing is they come and pick it up and bring it back to me. Great service i say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ninja44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13' White Diamond CTS-V 6MT

Re: V s in the shop :(

Which dealer is this if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by ninja44 View Post
    Which dealer is this if you don't mind me asking?
    Bolton Motors.

well nav is in. bushings are in. but they didn t bring it back yet. he tells me the front end is still squeaking and won t be bringing it untill they get it resolved. has anyone else ever had this issue of front end squeaking? going over small bumps or coming to a stop when the front end drops ?

got my car back, no squeaks, all good, new nav. Must be something i am not doing or maybe is not available, does the nav in these cars not take voice commands ? i go to help, and it states what i can say, so i say goto, "improper command", destination, "gas stations", address, "radio 106" i assume the navigation in these cars do not take voice commands.

no one can tell me if the nav takes voice commands ?

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Topless vette View Post
    no one can tell me if the nav takes voice commands ?
    Sorry no one responded...

It does take voice commands. Although, with all the Cadillac's I've owned and driven I've never taken the time to learn the proper syntax...

One month way way back, I read the manual and start using some of the radio commands. Used it for about a month, then just started finding myself using favorites instead.

Commands like "XM "Channel Number"" should work...

it's mis-understand handsfree a couple times, prompting some kind of address input, but I've never gotten it to work...

Whip open your manual fold... There's a second smaller manual in there dedicated to the NAV system... It should have the proper syntax for the voice commands.

I might actually open it up myself today. I effin hate not being able to add addresses while driving.

I do regularly use OnStar and get them to enter it (I feel bad, but what the hell, I'm paying for it), since it won't let me enter while driving. But would be nice for something faster (ie. press button, say address, done).

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    Sorry no one responded...

It does take voice commands. Although, with all the Cadillac's I've owned and driven I've never taken the time to learn the proper syntax...

One month way way back, I read the manual and start using some of the radio commands. Used it for about a month, then just started finding myself using favorites instead.

Commands like "XM "Channel Number"" should work...

it's mis-understand handsfree a couple times, prompting some kind of address input, but I've never gotten it to work...

Whip open your manual fold... There's a second smaller manual in there dedicated to the NAV system... It should have the proper syntax for the voice commands.

I might actually open it up myself today. I effin hate not being able to add addresses while driving.

I do regularly use OnStar and get them to enter it (I feel bad, but what the hell, I'm paying for it), since it won't let me enter while driving. But would be nice for something faster (ie. press button, say address, done).

thanks for your help. the radio and bluetooth commands work fine, but the nav part sucks something bad, i have read the manual a few times, but nothing changes. I think most of the time it doesn t recognize the command, you say one thing and it says something else. if it was an option to buy , i sure wouldn t recommend it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.