Help....i have a slight click when the clutch is fully compressed.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Help....i have a slight click when the clutch is fully compressed. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Whats up brethren... So my title pretty much says what I need to say....I got the car last thursday with ...
    2013CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013CTSV

Help....i have a slight click when the clutch is fully compressed.

Whats up brethren...

So my title pretty much says what I need to say....I got the car last thursday with 10 miles, every time i pushed the clutch there was a loud click when it was completely compressed. Took it to the dealer replaced it right away problem solved....r was it? When I compress the clutch all the way to the floor there is a very slight subtle but still noticeable click. I feel it I hear it etc etc, it is nothing like it was when it was originally occurring and a simple raise of the radio volume solves it. I dont know about you guys, i dont listen to anything but my car when I drive. No radio music etc etc, I want to hear the car so here in lies my issue. do others experience this slight click or do I need to take this bitch back in and make them fix it again. Note: the problem originally was the springs on the clutch up by the master cylinder/slave cylinder w/e they are called now were hitting something.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I was going to say a spring but they've ruled that out?

triks86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I just came on to post about a loud click coming from my clutch pedal. I took it to cadillac and it turns out these cars have a double spring attachment under the pedal. They are designed this way in case during hard track driving one spring comes loose you don't lose the ability to shift. One of mine came loose hence the clicking. Quick fix. Good luck.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Had the same problem. Took several times at the dealer to fix due adjustments. Some sort of spring problem/adjustments. Not sure what the final fix was but it took three visits. Still has a slight click I can only feel in my foot. Not audible.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Re: Help....i have a slight click when the clutch is fully compressed.

Probably the clutch spring...

Once it pops out, it's a bitch to get it back in properly... And some people who repair it may think it's popped back in properly but it's actually not (hence why it started again).

Once I had to play with this on a CTS-V, took me 6 beer, and 4 hours. Very tiny place to work in...

You need to remove the plastic cover above the pedals (make sure you don't burn yourself touching the light bulb that's up there).

To save you a bunch of time if you try to fix it yourself, locate the hole that the end of the spring goes in to, you'll notice (if I remember correctly) that the hole is outlined with some type of rubber or rubber bearing (could be plastic).

To re-insert it you'll need to press the clutch pedal firmly with one hand (this will release the stress on the clutch spring which will allow you to maneuver it), while using a pair of pliers to guide the end of the spring in to the hole. I can't remember if I had to press the clutch with my hand all the way or half way, but if you look at it as you press it and see what the spring does, you'll know what I'm talking about.

The 6 beer and 4 hours was a result of me trying to use the pliers to guide the end in to the hole, once I realized that if you press the clutch in with your hand while doing this, I had it fixed within 2 minutes after that...

Hope this helps!

And by the way, there's a chance it's actually fixed properly. After I did this, I heard (and felt) a light click afterwards like you're describing. Once you hit the clutch pedal a couple hundred times it should go away if it's fixed properly. I have a feeling the lube/grease may have gotten wiped off while the spring was out, like I said after a couple hundred presses of the clutch it slowly went away. Assuming it re-lubed itself.
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Same. After getting back in and turning off all other audio. It has no clicking noise any more. Cheers

Im going to fiddle with it this week and and see if maybe the spring isnt seated correctly. So there should be no click what so ever though correct? Just want to be sure so if I cannot get it to go away myself I will have them take another look @ it.

Thanks.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    Im going to fiddle with it this week and and see if maybe the spring isnt seated correctly. So there should be no click what so ever though correct? Just want to be sure so if I cannot get it to go away myself I will have them take another look @ it.

Thanks.
    There shouldn't be any click or sound... There IS an electronic switch attached to the clutch pedal, but it shouldn't make any noise at all.

ok great. Thank you for the information.

To clarify. I had a slight click that lasted for a few months. Now its completely gone and silent. I suspect it needs some breaking in time.

Car is at the dealer for the 2nd time in as many weeks. THey are replacing the clutch pedal and I made the suggestions you guys have told me so hopefully after today this noice will be gone.

No more click!!! Wahooo. This clutch pedal design is completely flawed. They said if you press to hard it bends the pedal and throws the springs off. What kinda bullshit metal do they make these out of? Idk about you guys but when I'm banging gears I'm pushing the clutch hard and as fast as possible to hit that next shift. Kinda lame and even the service rep thought it was total crap.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 2013CTSV View Post
    No more click!!! Wahooo. This clutch pedal design is completely flawed. They said if you press to hard it bends the pedal and throws the springs off. What kinda bullshit metal do they make these out of? Idk about you guys but when I'm banging gears I'm pushing the clutch hard and as fast as possible to hit that next shift. Kinda lame and even the service rep thought it was total crap.
    Hi 2013CTSV,

Glad to hear the dealership was able to fix your issue. Enjoy driving your CTS-V around. What a great vehicle!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Op do you have a coupe? Cause that is the after thought in the design not the type of metal. After mine was fixed I drive it like I stole it. No problems at all. Trust me I'm brutal and its fine now.

Yes I have a coupe, im going to go easy on her for a bit and see how it is moving forward.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.