Cadillac Vs Meet & Coral: Round 2 at NJMP (May 18-19)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Vs Meet & Coral: Round 2 at NJMP (May 18-19) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The first V Meet & Coral had an amazing turnout, so let's do it again. On May 18-19th join CTS-V ...
    ctsvracingalan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Silver CTSV Sedan

Cadillac Vs Meet & Coral: Round 2 at NJMP (May 18-19)

The first V Meet & Coral had an amazing turnout, so let's do it again.

On May 18-19th join CTS-V Racing for Round 2 at New Jersey Motorsports Park- Thunderbolt. Drive both tracks over the weekend during HyperDrives (HPDE)
    • Saturday- Lightning
    • Sunday- Thunderbolt

Can't make it both days? No worries!
    Sunday, May 19th will be the primary day for V's to meet.

caddy coral at njmp (5-18-13).jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Re: Cadillac Vs Meet & Coral: Round 2 at NJMP (May 18-19)

Alan - I am planning to come to Pocono this Sunday to hang out.

As of now I will be be there both days at NJMP -- sounds like he HPDE will be on the lightening course on one day and then the Thunderbolt course on the other. I am looking forward to this -- for those that were there on the April meet -- I was promoted to HPDE 2 looking forward to getting back out there -- the bug has got a hold of me - LOL. Hope to see those that made last time again if you can make it.

Feel free to weigh in on the April event to give another perspective of the time spent -- and this time all should be able to ride along with Alan -- which is a thrill believe me - I compare it to very flat roller coaster -- but a roller coaster no doubt.

Jim

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon, 6M, Corsa Sports

Jim,

You were a great host at the April event. Met some nice folks and saw some amazing cars. There were some exciting time trials and racing. Can't forget that blue Trans Am or whatever. I believe he lapped the field. What a great driver. He had the power and skill to pass with the smallest opening. I'd like to see him in a race with Alan. Will there be races at the next meet? Will Alan be racing? I liked the set up at the park. Nice view of the sharp left and the straight. Parking for the V's and pit access was great. I forgot to ask some of my V questions there was so much going on. I'll have to write them down. Thanks for posting that professional photo shopped image of my wagon. I saved it to print and frame. Weather permitting I'll see you at the next meet in Millville.

Quote Originally Posted by vagondr View Post
    Jim,

You were a great host at the April event. Met some nice folks and saw some amazing cars. There were some exciting time trials and racing. Can't forget that blue Trans Am or whatever. I believe he lapped the field. What a great driver. He had the power and skill to pass with the smallest opening. I'd like to see him in a race with Alan. Will there be races at the next meet? Will Alan be racing? I liked the set up at the park. Nice view of the sharp left and the straight. Parking for the V's and pit access was great. I forgot to ask some of my V questions there was so much going on. I'll have to write them down. Thanks for posting that professional photo shopped image of my wagon. I saved it to print and frame. Weather permitting I'll see you at the next meet in Millville.
    There will be racing -- I understand that NASA has taken both tracks -- Lightening (where we were) and Thunderbolt on the other side of the property. I believe that they will swap racing and HPDE (High Performance Driving Education) each day. Alan will be there and he is planning to give ride alongs which you might want to consider - but I will let Alan comment on that. I will be doing HPDE again trying to hone my skills.

Alan the car being referred to by vagondr was in the Thunder Race and the driver I believe is the driver that usually wins this event. Alan usually does time trials which is different - but I will let Alan comment on Time Trials and ride alongs. Alan do you know which day is for each event?

Jim

ctsvracingalan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Silver CTSV Sedan

Jim,

Looking forward to Nasa at Thunderbolt NJMP I will be instructing days Sat on Lightning and Sunday on Thunderbolt. I you are planning on driving in HPDE or Hyperdrive I will try to spend time with you on track. Of course I will be racing in the TT both days on Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvracingalan View Post
    Looking forward to Nasa at Thunderbolt NJMP I will be instructing days Sat on Lightning and Sunday on Thunderbolt. I you are planning on driving in HPDE or Hyperdrive I will try to spend time with you on track. Of course I will be racing in the TT both days on Thunderbolt.
    Thanks Alan --

Hey all we are a week away form this event -- I am heading to the London tomorrow (work not vacation) so i may have limited access to this site next week. Would like to get a count as those that may be interested so I can talk to the NASA NE folks about setting up a location for the V's like we did in April. I know Don (the XLR V) is planning to come down on Sunday and is actually thinking of trying the HPDE 1 sessions.

Drop a return message to us to let us know if you might be coming and which day -- Sunday will be the target day but Alan and I will be there both days.

I guess I should have taken everyone's email addresses last time -- LOL.

Have a great weekend -- Jim.

Mikes2009V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV
    Assuming Sunday is a wash cause of the weather. Would still love to participate but I don't take my car out in the rain. Will have to wait til next get together I guess

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon, 6M, Corsa Sports

Sorry I couldn't make it. I'm also a fair weather driver. I might have still driven in the slop but yesterday I got a tpm warning and my right rear tire was down to 22 psi. I thought I didn't need the pressure monitor but am now glad to have it as it didn't appear that low at a glance. Lost no more than a pound,if that, overnight but will likely pull the wheel for some leak testing when the weather clears, before any traveling. I look forward to a future meet, perhaps at Monticello, which is near my summer cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2009V View Post
    Assuming Sunday is a wash cause of the weather. Would still love to participate but I don't take my car out in the rain. Will have to wait til next get together I guess
    Mike you missed a good time -- Tim went out again and he said you would not come out in the rain -- LOL - Actually it was a great experience driving in the rain -- i was surprised that it made practically no difference in handling.

Jim

----------

Sorry I couldn't make it. I'm also a fair weather driver. I might have still driven in the slop but yesterday I got a tpm warning and my right rear tire was down to 22 psi. I thought I didn't need the pressure monitor but am now glad to have it as it didn't appear that low at a glance. Lost no more than a pound,if that, overnight but will likely pull the wheel for some leak testing when the weather clears, before any traveling. I look forward to a future meet, perhaps at Monticello, which is near my summer cabin.
    Looking forward to it -- but we will probably be at Pocono in July.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.