Back-up camera in 2010
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Back-up camera in 2010 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; How difficult would it be to add a back-up camera in a 2010 using the existing head-unit? Is it possible ...
    bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Back-up camera in 2010

How difficult would it be to add a back-up camera in a 2010 using the existing head-unit? Is it possible even? Thanks
    Ben

----------

I found info using the advanced search. Sorry for the post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Back-up camera in 2010

2 weeks
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownctsv View Post
    2 weeks
    hahhhahahahaaaaaaaa

lip
    lip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Not bad. I used the nav-tv kit, had the camera mounted near the license plate lights. Works similar to the stock setup displaying the image on the nav screen.

GOTTSPD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by lip
    Not bad. I used the nav-tv kit, had the camera mounted near the license plate lights. Works similar to the stock setup displaying the image on the nav screen.
    I just ordered the navtc tvif-cts. Where did you tap into reverse?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

This is easy. Email me and ill send you what you need free you just send me a zip drive. Then you get it back, plug it in, it updates everything, including your maps, and its ready.. Been doing this for years for people now with 100% success..

Then go to the dealer get the oem camera assembly, and run 2 wires to the back of your radio on the inputs..

Takes 2 hours if they have never done it.

wait4me, since I'm going to use the navtv product, do I need to do anything beyond it? I didn't use the factory camera... I used a different brand that is a very attractive (in my eyes) slim license plate frame with a very small camera embedded in it...

IF you are going to use navtv, Im not sure how that interfaces with the digital converter on the screen. If it plugs right in and takes over, you should be fine. But if you need to have an input on your radio, then you need to update to software version 3.14 or higher, then have a dealer turn on the rear camera output on with the tech2/sps. it takes 2 minutes.

However, the dealer cant update the software version to 3.14, you need a nav disk update for that.

I think it's supposed to take over. The NAVTV product also allows for multiple cameras, so I could theoretically add one up front as well (to avoid those pesky parking curbs). According to NAVTV, the only thing that there's doesn't do is provide for the camera to pop-up automatically when in reverse. I've only had my car for a short time, but so far, I've never really felt the need for the screen to be in the down position, so that shouldn't be an issue. That said, i was thinking.. If I had the camera enabled, I wonder if that would mess anything up. In other words, would it mess up what I'm trying to do with the NAVTV? What I was thinking is that if it's enabled, maybe it would cause the screen to raise when the car is put in reverse (assuming it was in the down position) and then the NAVTV would take over what's on the screen and when I take it out of reverse, the screen would go back down (if it had been down) and of course, would return to whatever had been displayed before. Any thoughts on this wait4me?

that would work, you just have to turn it on at the dealer for the reverse camera segment. But make sure you are updated on your maps to at least the 2011 version

just out of curiosity, why do i need to update the maps?

FSTCDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black CTS-V
    I just added the factory camera a couple weeks ago myself. Dealer updated my entire system when my xm wouldn't hold a signal. So, just had to run couple wires and install the 2011 trim piece with the built in camera. Wasn't to bad and works like a charm.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.
    Isn't the 2011 trim piece a different size?

Does it hang lower, getting close to the license plate holder?

Maybe I should return the navtv piece... I'd like to hear about what's involved on my end. Lindsay says they don't install cameras so its on me to do it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by FSTCDY View Post
    I just added the factory camera a couple weeks ago myself. Dealer updated my entire system when my xm wouldn't hold a signal. So, just had to run couple wires and install the 2011 trim piece with the built in camera. Wasn't to bad and works like a charm.
    Hi FSTCDY,

I hope you are enjoying the new camera you added in your vehicle. I am sorry you had to experience a difficulty with your system, however am glad to hear you were able to fix it and that it is working appropriately!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.