Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Back-up camera in 2010

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  FSTCDY 
#1 ·
How difficult would it be to add a back-up camera in a 2010 using the existing head-unit? Is it possible even? Thanks
Ben

----------

I found info using the advanced search. Sorry for the post.

#6 ·
This is easy. Email me and ill send you what you need free you just send me a zip drive. Then you get it back, plug it in, it updates everything, including your maps, and its ready.. Been doing this for years for people now with 100% success..

Then go to the dealer get the oem camera assembly, and run 2 wires to the back of your radio on the inputs..

Takes 2 hours if they have never done it.

#8 ·
IF you are going to use navtv, Im not sure how that interfaces with the digital converter on the screen. If it plugs right in and takes over, you should be fine. But if you need to have an input on your radio, then you need to update to software version 3.14 or higher, then have a dealer turn on the rear camera output on with the tech2/sps. it takes 2 minutes.

However, the dealer cant update the software version to 3.14, you need a nav disk update for that.

#9 ·
I think it's supposed to take over. The NAVTV product also allows for multiple cameras, so I could theoretically add one up front as well (to avoid those pesky parking curbs). According to NAVTV, the only thing that there's doesn't do is provide for the camera to pop-up automatically when in reverse. I've only had my car for a short time, but so far, I've never really felt the need for the screen to be in the down position, so that shouldn't be an issue. That said, i was thinking.. If I had the camera enabled, I wonder if that would mess anything up. In other words, would it mess up what I'm trying to do with the NAVTV? What I was thinking is that if it's enabled, maybe it would cause the screen to raise when the car is put in reverse (assuming it was in the down position) and then the NAVTV would take over what's on the screen and when I take it out of reverse, the screen would go back down (if it had been down) and of course, would return to whatever had been displayed before. Any thoughts on this wait4me?

#10 ·
that would work, you just have to turn it on at the dealer for the reverse camera segment. But make sure you are updated on your maps to at least the 2011 version

#16 ·
Karch said:
Isn't the 2011 trim piece a different size?

Does it hang lower, getting close to the license plate holder?
It's a little larger, but not an issue.

----------

Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hi FSTCDY,

I hope you are enjoying the new camera you added in your vehicle. I am sorry you had to experience a difficulty with your system, however am glad to hear you were able to fix it and that it is working appropriately!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service
Thanks! Everything is working great now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.