Coupe rear seat room??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Coupe rear seat room?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi Everyone, I am looking at getting a new CTS-V and most likely a wagon but very curious about rear ...
    Jules23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V TG Wagon

Question Coupe rear seat room??

Hi Everyone, I am looking at getting a new CTS-V and most likely a wagon but very curious about rear seat room in a coupe as I have 2 kids in car seats but would love to get the coupe over the wagon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am about to buy one of them.

Thank you

Jules

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Interior space and convenience of getting two kids in/out comparison between wagon and coupe, coupe loses. Aesthetic factor between wagon and coupe is purely subjective. Which is more important to you?

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Coupe rear seat room??

The back seat isn't any smaller in the coupe, but there is less head room. It is also harder to get into the back seat. I think really comes down to how much trouble its worth it to you to get the coupe. I really didn't car about the back seat and wanted a coupe. Its plenty large and comfortable for 2 adults back there, as long as they aren't over 6', then the head room is going to be an issue. I can't speak to car seats specifically, there is plenty of room for them, and I believe there is all the necessary secure points, it just will take longer to get them secured because you're going to have to move and tilt the seats back in order to fit them into the seats, then move and tilt it back before you sit down. If its worth giving up 5 minutes of your time every morning, to have the coupe, then I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I had the same issue. The coupe is a two-seater car with the option to occasionally carry two more teens or undersized adults. Pulling the seat foward (ie pushing the button and waiting on the electric motor!) just gets old. Doing it with a small child in one hand and the diaper bag in another is just ****ing annoying.

The sedan and wagon are geared much more towards everyday use of the rear seats. But if you like something enough, you can live with almost any trade-off.

IMHO, if you just need the rears for occasional duty, like once or twice a week - then no problem. If you're using booster seats, having kids get in every day and/or have young children where you're leaning in to get them buckled up each time... the coupe will quickly wear on your patience. It's just NOT functional in that way (not to mention cargo space for strollers, etc) because of how you have to lean around the A pillar to reach back there.

Take a coupe for a long test drive, and put both seats in there, plus kids, etc. Do it twice, and see how you feel.

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Take a coupe for a long test drive, and put both seats in there, plus kids, etc. Do it twice, and see how you feel.
    Do as mentioned above, but in the rain. I have two little ones and can not imagine coming out of a store in the rain with the kids, umbrella, and bags then standing outside my car with both kids waiting on the motorized seats to move forward, then bent over with a soaked back tying them in. I would strongly consider a more practical approach. Think 4 doors. Save the coupe for when they are older. Just my 2 cents.

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray
    Coupe is not for rear car seats....sorry
    Way too much work to get in and out of the back with a regular person never mind a small child that you have to strap into a seat.

SBB

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

If the coupe turns out to be a mistake, can you afford to take the financial hit and switch to the wagon? Or would you have to suffer/trade down?

Also, manual or automatic? Finding a manual wagon could prove difficult (or at least require patience) if you need to acquire the extra doors later.

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty Boom Body View Post
    Coupe is not for rear car seats....sorry
    Way too much work to get in and out of the back with a regular person never mind a small child that you have to strap into a seat.

SBB
    Agree -- Coupe is not an option for passengers in the back seat -- access is very much a pain. My view ...

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Actually the rear seats will seat two comfortably example my son is 5'11" at 200 pounds and he said it was comfy in the rear.

But getting in/out is the problem, even moving the front seat all the way forward and tiling it and moving the seat belt out of the way seems to be the coupes Achilles heel. But if you need to get in/out quickly better be a gymnast. But coming from 20 years of Corvette's the V coupe is actually a limo by that measure.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Try renting a regular CTS coupe for a long weekend. Then you would get an idea of how it would be before taking the financial hit.May be a few hundred dollars worth spending to save you the regrets.

khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

The coupe rear seats are for people you don't like.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Coupe rear seats are like a backup generator. Good to have occasionally, but impractical for everyday life.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I agree, there is plenty of room in the back seat. It is just really hard to get in and out of. They need a better auto seatbelt and oh-shit handle somewhere. They really just should have added another 4-6 inches on the doors length with a shut assist like a high end luxery car to seal it up - that could have helped too...but it is a 4 door car turned 2 door and some of the Benz and BMW that have done the same thing have the same issue. The 335i couple is pretty hard to get into as well.

I don't mind climbing back there, I think its kind of neat; however I'm not 65 with a bad back either. It also helps if you offer your hand to whomever is getting out regardless of sex, because the wost part is just having nothing to grab on to.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    I have 2 kids in booster seats. Ages 3 and 5. I wanted a coupe. I got a coupe. The kids can climb back there on their own. Helping them fasten their belts isn't too bad. I don't have to climb in there. They actually like climbing in. My other car is a tahoe and they prefer the V. Getting them buckled in the tahoe is just as hard frankly. Before I had the tahoe the V was my daily driver so I did the routine frequently and mastered it.

Now, if you have really small kids in a baby carrier or rear facing car seat it would be very difficult getting them in and out

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I own neither but I've been in all variations. This is a wagon deal, hands down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.