2013 V Wagon in transit... 4 weeks from order date
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2013 V Wagon in transit... 4 weeks from order date in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Placed an order for a manual Wagon in Opulent Blue / Titanium interior on March 30th with an estimated build ...
    Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

2013 V Wagon in transit... 4 weeks from order date

Placed an order for a manual Wagon in Opulent Blue / Titanium interior on March 30th with an estimated build date for the week of May 13th.

Got an email today saying the car was in transit with a date of April 30th listed. I am not sure if my salesman was trying to say it will be on the hauler by the 30th or if that is the estimated time of actual delivery based on the wording of the email.

In either case, it looks like the car was build in under a month and should be ready for pickup well before the stated build date, or by the end of the week!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    That is quick. Good luck. I love my manual wagon.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Re: 2013 V Wagon in transit... 4 weeks from order date

Wow! Congrats! Very happy for you. Pictures are mandatory...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Congrats.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Awesome and congrats on an early manufacture.

6MT V wagon is simply an incredible car. I love mine and you will, too.

Judging by the times other people have endured, I'm either lucky, the order volume is way down, and/or it's because my dealer had "allocation."

Definitely excited; now I just hope it gets here before friday. I mean seriously, what if I had to wait... longer???

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Based on my discussion with the plant PR person around the same time, they were building standard color V wagons fairly quickly, but those of us who ordered the stealth blue have to wait until this week or next week for production. or something like that. I ordered the stealth blue the first day it was available for order, and I am told it will be built maybe this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    Based on my discussion with the plant PR person around the same time, they were building standard color V wagons fairly quickly, but those of us who ordered the stealth blue have to wait until this week or next week for production. or something like that. I ordered the stealth blue the first day it was available for order, and I am told it will be built maybe this week.
    Interesting - and totally plausible. But I thought VMoose posted that he already had an "in production" signal from his dealer last week for the Stealth Blue? Entirely possible it was a miscommunication...

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Interesting - and totally plausible. But I thought VMoose posted that he already had an "in production" signal from his dealer last week for the Stealth Blue? Entirely possible it was a miscommunication...
    Yep, on the production line as of 18APR. JKG, you got a SBM wagon too? What options?

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Very nice. I can't wait to see both of your pictures. I tried to order a Stealth Blue wagon, but the dealers I was working with didn't really know what was going on. When they finally tried to place the order, ordering was already closed. The system would let you configure a car, but it wouldn't confirm the order. Unfortunately, I'll have to settle for a SB sedan with the Twilight seats and some other options (it had already been ordered by another dealer and was in the system). If the wagon came with twilight blue seats, I might be upset, but since it didn't, it's almost a fair trade.

Tim

JKG

i received word today that my v wagon in stealth blue is built and being shipped out, so they are a few days ahead of the estimate the factory gave me a month ago. mine has stealth package and no other options (recaro, manual, black wheels, fuzzy steering wheel and shifter, black wood trim). I would have been happy to skip the black wheels, fuzzy steering wheel and wood trim since it adds a lot of money for not a lot of effect, but i liked the stealth blue. too bad the wagons dont have the option for the purple interior - even though the blue/purple interior might be ugly, at least it adds some color. the safron trim available on the couple really is sharp in person

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

JKG -- don't forget the black chrome grille, also included in the Stealth Blue edition.

Which I think is dealer-installed. I wonder if that means you get both grilles.

JKG

i dont think the black grille is standard for the package. i think that is still a separate option.

I'm tracking a black chrome grille is part of the deal per the Cadillac website..

Also, my stealth blue V wagon was built as of today as well! Should be at the dealer mid May.

JKG

yes, you're right - the build-it website does indicate black chrome grill part of stealth blue package, but interestingly, the image the build-it website shows has a regular chrome grill but with black wheels. and also lists the black grille as an extra option. i guess we'll see. doesnt really matter, since neither grille is actually chrome. my 04 V had a real chrome grill which was sharp!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.