CEL = P1133 = New Cats???????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CEL = P1133 = New Cats??????? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My 2011 V A6 coupe threw a CEL two weeks ago at 4786 miles, the car was going back to ...
    USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

CEL = P1133 = New Cats???????

My 2011 V A6 coupe threw a CEL two weeks ago at 4786 miles, the car was going back to get a few back ordered parts installed (new lug nuts to fix clicking wheel) so dealer diagnosed as a faulty 02 sensor and replaced it with PN 12607410 (bank 1 sensor 1). 10 days later CEL returns, I make follow on appointment and wife drops off car as I was away on business trip last week.

They keep the car over 2 days (had to order parts) I get home yesterday and here's the complete list of parts they replaced, the car had 5003 miles on it and is/was supposed to be 100 OEM as it was a GM executive owned/driven vehicle, never privately titled until I bought it.

22940825 - Converter
    22940824 - Converter
    12607410 - Sensor
    12615194 - F-Sensor
    12607410 - Sensor
    15032594 - Nut

This is the text on the receipt/work order:

Customer reports CEL, needs repair. Cause: Codes P1133, H2025 INSUFFICIENT SET UP TAC CASE. OK FOR CONVERTERS AND OXYGEN SENSORS. REPLACED CONVERTERS AND SENSORES, RELEARN AS NEEDED AND RETEST OK AND CLEAR CODES AND ROAD TEST AGAIN - OK.

As I returned from my business trip last night I haven't had a chance to speak with my service manager yet so I thought I see what you folks have to say on this. I did notice that my exhaust smelled nasty the few times I sat in while idling to set all the cars features, now it smells like any other new car, not like a pre-catted car from the 60's.

So what the hell was wrong with my car that it needed new cats at 5000 miles?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: CEL = P1133 = New Cats???????

If the sensor went bad it would have read faulty, that in turn would have made the ECU dumped extra fuel in which ruined the cats. Systems engineering, one simple fault leads to greater failures.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    If the sensor went bad it would have read faulty, that in turn would have made the ECU dumped extra fuel in which ruined the cats. Systems engineering, one simple fault leads to greater failures.
    Well that would explain the horrible smelling exhaust and lousy gas mileage. I tanked up yesterday and ran a 50 mile road trip and returned to the same pump and filled it back up. I used just at 2.5 gallons, which worked out to over 20.5 MPG, previously this trip would yielded about 15/16 MPG.

Can't wait to try get it out on the highway, my previous best was 20.4 MPG, I'm confident that increase the same.

Atv
    Atv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Could also be a MAF sensors or bad injectors, too. If you were dumping enough gas to destroy both the front and rear o2 sensors, it must have been pretty bad.

Maybe one of the execs decided to use leaded fuel at the track?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.