8 years 11 months ago... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 8 years 11 months ago... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by 6104696 I recall that you had made the same comment when you first bought your V2. I ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    I recall that you had made the same comment when you first bought your V2. I guess it never quite won you over. For me, the V1 was a great car and a loud announcement that GM could still make hotrods with metal bodies. The V2 was an exclamation point on that statement, along with "and we can make them as good as anybody."

I don't miss my V1, but I have a mustang GT for when I want to get visceral (in a slower and poor handling sort of way).

Either you'll be back, or you'll figure out how to get 500 rwhp on the Town Car.....
    I think its natural that when you improve and refine, you lose some character. They're both amazing...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
    Sorry to hear you have to back off for awhile.
    I don't think I'll be at the Convention, either. Will you?

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by odla
    Why do you guys miss the v1? Just
    Because it was the first time an American car seriously challenged the German high performance shop cars. It succeeded and started the competition. Also the LS6 is a beautiful engine and brought in some Corvette and BMW fans.

Jud
    Jud

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: 8 years 11 months ago...

Convention, at this point I'd have to say no. Still in Panama. This is one of the first you'll be missing in a while.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
    Convention, at this point I'd have to say no. Still in Panama. This is one of the first you'll be missing in a while.
    Yeah, my V2 made each of the 3 while I had it. The V1 saw Indy, Kalamazoo and Nashua...

daytripper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Nothing imminent planned. Getting work figured out. Maybe a cheap fun car for a year. Maybe another V2 down the road. Maybe another V1. Not sure at all.
    Funny, I'm thinking of selling myV1 after all these years to finally get a V2. Still only have 38k on it, but it always brings a grin when I drive. A V2 coupe owner parked next to me at the grocery store yesterday and didn't even give it a glance. Seems there are V2 owners that don't even know or care that there even was a V1. To each his own, I guess.

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Someone called you a Postwhore once, and I thought, what a nasty thing to call you. But now I see that many of us, me included, will miss your rhetorical quips. Carry your badge high, your a person on this
    forum that I will miss. Cecil..........

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

I feel that there are a lot of v2 drivers out there that don't know about the v1. If you had a v1 you most likely are into cars. If you have a v2 you just like cars. Not that all v2 drivers are like that. I've just come across many who didn't even know about the v1. Like bigjim said both amazing cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.