Can you help me find a (used) V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Can you help me find a (used) V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am finally at the point where I am actively seeking out a used V to buy. I'm located near ...
    Gootz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can you help me find a (used) V?

I am finally at the point where I am actively seeking out a used V to buy. I'm located near Los Angeles and prefer a local buy to avoid some obvious hassles, but if the perfect deal is across the country I would consider it. I've been spending a lot of time sorting through the inventory (mostly auto trader, cars.com and craigslist) and would really appreciate any help you guys can provide. Perhaps I've overlooked some or am missing out on searching on other sites. Either way, figured asking you for help couldn't hurt my hunt.

Here are the specs I'm looking for in the car:

My budget is $45k all in (including tax, fees, etc.). I am ready to buy the car now and have cash in hand. If the price is close to that I would consider going a hair over for the ideal car. That said, don't hesitate to share a link if it's listed at $47k or $48k as I have no problem negotiating.

Here are my preferred options (unless otherwise noted):

1. Wagon is ideal - would buy a sedan though since wagons are harder to come by
    2. 2011+ (would "settle" for a 2010 as it's tough to find 2011+ in my price range)
    4. Lower mileage (20k or less)
    5. Auto (must have)
    6. Suede steering wheel and shifter (not a deal killer if it doesn't have these)
    7. Recaro seats (must have)
    8. Ultraview sunroof (also not a deal killer, but highly preferred)
    9. Red

I'm somewhat flexible on color, but red is my absolute favorite and much preferred. Then followed by thunder gray, then mocha, tricolor white and then black diamond. Interior color I prefer ebony, but titanium is acceptable (I have a young daughter and dogs...). Any other additional features are fine, but not required.

Appreciate any links/help you can provide.

Thanks!

----------

I just came across this one. After speaking with the sales manager I learned it was in an accident on the front driver's side. Such a bummer because this is such a nice combo with very low miles: http://richardhibbardautocenter.com/...P2B0111693.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Cargurus.com is one site I used. Good luck!

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

Re: Can you help me find a (used) V?

Are you aware that $45k minus an assumed 7% of sales tax is a car of $41850?

Then if a dealer charges a fee of a typical $500 and then $200 tag and title. $41150.

Basically if $45k is your all in, you need to shop a $42-$43k car and hope those negotiation skills are up to par.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Quote Originally Posted by Gootz View Post
    Here are my preferred options (unless otherwise noted):

7. Recaro seats (must have)

Thanks!

----------

I just came across this one. After speaking with the sales manager I learned it was in an accident on the front driver's side. Such a bummer because this is such a nice combo with very low miles: http://richardhibbardautocenter.com/...P2B0111693.htm
    Not to mention this one has the standard seats.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    Cargurus.com is one site I used. Good luck!
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted2000si View Post
    Are you aware that $45k minus an assumed 7% of sales tax is a car of $41850?

Then if a dealer charges a fee of a typical $500 and then $200 tag and title. $41150.

Basically if $45k is your all in, you need to shop a $42-$43k car and hope those negotiation skills are up to par.
    I do realize I have high expectations, but I have a friend who has his dealer's license. He ran a search on what each year is going for and the range for 2010 and 2011 was within my budget according to the database he uses. So there are deals to be had, I just have to be diligent. Hence my request for help.

I am in sales, so my negotiating skills better be up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by oneman42 View Post
    Not to mention this one has the standard seats.
    George
    Indeed, but the 2-tone somewhat made up for the lack of recaros.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm in LA and traveled to Oklahoma to buy mine from a private party (It was Wagon or nothing for me)
    Since you're open to others you may have better luck in LA. But I recommend checking autotrader or a general feel of pricing. Don't be afraid to go a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    I'm in LA and traveled to Oklahoma to buy mine from a private party (It was Wagon or nothing for me)
    Since you're open to others you may have better luck in LA. But I recommend checking autotrader or a general feel of pricing. Don't be afraid to go a bit further.
    When did you buy your wagon? If you don't mind me asking, what are the specs on it and what did you pay?

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Gootz View Post
    When did you buy your wagon? If you don't mind me asking, what are the specs on it and what did you pay?
    Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    Pm sent
    Thanks!

DavidPR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

Autotrader.com, cars.com, carmax.com, the internet is your friend.
    I got my 09 for under 40K. You should be able to find an 09 in good condition and decent mileage with your budget. Just keep an eye for warranty-blocked cars such as Monticello/m&m auto group previously owned cars. Do a Carfax and get a warranty quote before you buy.

I've got a deal pending on a 2010 Sedan, Red/Titanium with Recaros, auto, polished wheels, ultraview, sapele wood trim, clean title and 28k miles for a hair over 44k. It is a CPO car, so I'll have 2.5 years of warranty left, but I will have to transport it which will be just under $1k. I'm very tempted to buy it, but I've got a few things keeping me from outright pulling the trigger. First, I will likely be buying this sight unseen, but I have seen detailed pictures and will be face timing it with the owner later to do a walk around. Not driving it and seeing it in person seems like a big risk. Second, it has 3 rock chips on the front end, a door ding and 2 lightly scratched rims that should be easily repairable. Cost to fix these should be ~$300. Third, it's got over 28k miles on it and I was really hoping to find something with less than 20k. Not THAT big of a deal, but 28k miles is 28k miles...

Thoughts on the deal?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    44 thousand for 2010 w/28k miles on it sounds reasonable. Anybody would be nervous buying a car unseen (especially used). Buying CPO does help but I would unwilling to accept chips, dings, scratched rims, etc on my new car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Go buy it in person!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva View Post
    44 thousand for 2010 w/28k miles on it sounds reasonable. Anybody would be nervous buying a car unseen (especially used). Buying CPO does help but I would unwilling to accept chips, dings, scratched rims, etc on my new car.
    Yes, I am not keen on buying a car with any imperfections. However, I can get the ding and wheels fixed for $300. The paint/rock chips have already been filled, so are barely noticeable. Short of repainting the entire bumper it is what it is.

According to edmunds and KBB it is a pretty solid deal ($1k-2k under) listing price. Taking into consideration the transportation fee back and that diminishes the great deal aspect and makes it a reasonable deal. =\ I have to say though, that at this price, to get a 2.5 yr warranty makes me feel a whole helluva lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Go buy it in person!
    I am working with the owner where he will fly me out on his dime for me to check it out. I will obviously bring my magnifying glass (joke) and check it over closely along with taking a nice test drive. The thing that is comforting is the warranty and the owner's willingness to make me feel comfortable with the deal.

If I do end up buying it, I will either have it professionally transported back to my house or drive it back myself (not fond of this option due to the 2 day drive and the extra mileage on the car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I had a 2000 mile drive back from TX. Best part about buying my V...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.