Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; i appreciate all your patience with my gun and chopper posts and questions of the last year as i've tried ...
    cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived

i appreciate all your patience with my gun and chopper posts and questions of the last year as i've tried to learn more about the car i wanted so much. Finally just over a week ago my V coupe showed up at the dealer, just how i ordered it. It came in about 6 weeks as opposed to the 11 planned, so glad i got the GTO sold quickly to make room in the garage.

The basics of it are raven black (easily touched up/repaired if needed), black interior, recaros, suede, black rims, no sunroof (more headroom, only tilts anyway), and of course a manual 6 spd tran. I also got the wheel locks that they forgot to install, and i ordered a set of black lugs elsewhere, so if anyone wants a cheap pair of factory wheel locks, let me know.

not even 200 miles on it, almost still scared to drive it and get a flaw in it, but here's a few pics of what it looked like upon arrival...

vforum 1.JPG
    Insane, Insane, IBMike and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Beautiful car. Enjoy it.

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Those all black V coupes are sexy

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived

I noticed the easy touch up of the raven black too in mine, is there a reason? congrats!!

Thanks, and yes, hope for the best, but plan for the worst!

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Nothing wrong with black that a California Duster can't fix

I like the lower-left photo. Took me a minute to realize you didn't just lay a huge V decal in the street
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Nice looking car congrats. Resist the temptation to do wide open throttle starts until you have at least 500 miles on the clock. The problem is not so much the motor or the trans but the rear end will not break in right if it is torqued out before the ring and pinion wears in properly. I've had two V's now that this was the case (not my fault they were both driven by the dealer first 300 miles) and they both made a whining sound (the 2012 at 40 and 80 mph and my 2013 @ 50 MPH) recently replaced the differential carrier on my 2013 with 8K miles on it now and no more whine from the rear, I was very careful breaking this one in, varied my speeds a real lot and drove it like there was egg between my foot and the pedal, it worked.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Is the whining anything like exhaust drone I think I'm getting at 60?

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

No, more of higher pitch. It sounds like my old 4wd jeep did when in 4wd, not exactly how a cadillac is suppose to sound. I can imagine it leads also to premature failure of the rear end if not broken in properly. There is a TSB out about it. It makes the noise either when on the gas or off the gas or both. Mine got to the point where it made the noise either on or off the gas. I'm glad the dealer was in complete agreement that we needed to replace the Diff. carrier in my car, the car feels a lot more like a luxury car should now.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Sick V dude! Glad you like it

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Conratulations, beautiful ride!

muchas gracias, well worth the wait. that pic of the garages in the car reflection did come out cool. yeah, i'm barely driving it, and trying to be gentle when i do. took into hill country for lots of varying revs between not lugging and not too high. admittedly i did go higher RPM's than i wanted in one spurt. was watching the boost gage trying to figure out why it doesn't seem consistent with what i'd expect. dang thing's so smooth and quiet i didn't realize how high the revs got! just short bursts and back right off. gotta induce the loads, but just for short periods of time and let the back motion break everything in. doing the same with clutch and brakes of course too. this car's going to be around a LONG time, so wanna take dang good care of it. still a lot easier than breaking in a new chopper!

here's a few pics of the car, now without badges. yes, i have plans for where the holes are left from the cadillac badges...

vforum 2.JPG

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Congrats and enjoy in good health! I'll have to read your book, sounds interesting.

r_calif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

Cadillaxe: I'm also upgrading from a GTO ('06) to a V (wagon). Mind if I ask how your GTO sale went, and how much the car went for? I need to decide among a trade-in (unlikely), CarMax sale, or private party. I'm wondering what the demand is for GTOs, what kind of price one can get, etc., from a private party. The CarMax offer was actually pretty good, and of course would avoid the hassle of selling the car myself.

neuronbob, if you want a signed copy (might be worth more if i don't survive the next surgery, haha), can get those at ychrome.com. o.w. it can be had at stores, amazon, nook, kindle, etc.

r_calif, i asked 12,500 off the bat for my gto, high i knew, but i thought i'd be waiting 3 months for the caddy too. a guy from Fl called the day after it went on ebay, had me do a compression test for $100 (min is 100 psi, all 8 were 170-180 psi), and we settled on $10,500 and were both happy with that. it had 118K miles on it, but it was extremely clean and well maintained. i strongly recommend doing what i do, make sure everything works, spend the $200 to get any little dings out of it, i took some factory silver paint and touched up a couple chips, etc. it definitely pays to have a car as perfect as possible when you tr to sell it. had i not done that, easily could've made it a $7500 sale, not a $10,500 sale. i will say not everyone wants a gto, but those that do, really want a gto.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.