Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; just got the raw badges, made sure they fit, and overnighting to the chrome shop. can't wait to see them ...
    cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Re: Cadillaxe's '13 CTSV coupe arrived

just got the raw badges, made sure they fit, and overnighting to the chrome shop. can't wait to see them in chrome!!

vforum 5 raw badges.JPG

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ystem-cts.html is the new thread i just started for the install of the thermal vision system i just received yesterday. should be a blast...of four letter words...

will use that thread to document install, but post pics when done over here.

heading for a ride with the V club this morning to the three twisted sisters area in the hill country. have never been on them, but i'm all packed as shown below and ready. guessing i'll be heading back there with the cad or bikes again soon!

luggage cadax.JPG

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Change it to a Glock 27 and that about represents my pockets. LOL

i can carry the 23 or xd40 when it's cool out and i don't look ridiculous wearing a jacket, but for this time of year, pocket gun!

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillaxe
    i can carry the 23 or xd40 when it's cool out and i don't look ridiculous wearing a jacket, but for this time of year, pocket gun!
    Any Kimber .45, it will shoot holes in holes.

Jud
    Jud

my buddy has one of the shorter barrel kimber .45. helluva nice shooting pistol. i just don't like carrying anything with a thumb safety. one more thing to remember and hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

i see you're in Jax. i used to live in the luxurious neighborhood of bert rd/arlington. gorgeous area, haha.

just received the cadillaxe badges from the chromer yesterday. V1 and thermal vision installed, clear bra getting put on today, and should be all set for drive to CO next Wednesday!

vforum 9 v1 install.JPG
    vforum 10 ther working.JPG
    vforum 11 cadillaxe badges.JPG

posted this over on the radar detector thread too, but to keep all my stuff in one place, here's the install/operation of my Valentine One on the mirror. Considerations:
    - Invisicord blades are too thick for this model, so used the safe n sound i believe with thinner blades. ended up cutting the cable shorter and buying the connectors/crimpers for phone jacks.
    - i sent the mirror to technicar and had them embed the indicators in the mirror. since it has self dimming, they had to send it to the fancy cooler laser cutter who still broke the glass and had to install non auto dimming glass, which is fine with dark tinted back window
    - the blend mount puts a V1 below the mirror, which i didn't like, so i made an extension bracket to place it to the right and behind the mirror. no blind spots for me, but all powered by mirror, no cables down, can still adjust volume/mute the v1, v1 can 'see' past the mirror and ahead fine

posted this over on the thermal vision thread too, but to keep all my stuff in one place, here's the install/operation of my FLIR. Considerations:
    - Fab'd a bracket for mounting cam in the grill, made sure not to block air flow for cooling
    - Lucked out finding one prototype lockpick that allows video input
    - ran cable through firewall grommet above clutch
    - clean install, no additional holes/cuts in console, uses existing switches for operation

----------

finally got all the cosmetic items complete:
    - stripped all the cadillac badges off with putty knife/dental floss and heat gun
    - blacked out calipers and exhaust tips
    - plasti dipped all the chrome, but removed all but the grill and wheel centers
    - black lugs for wheels
    - had axe badges machined and chromed to replace the front and rear cadillac badges
    - had to put the bouncing off guardrails sticker on the back window. hopefully accountant agrees that's advertising and should allow the car to be a tax write off, but i doubt it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.